The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Saw “The Killing of a Sacred Deer” the other day. That was some weird shit. I guess you really have to be into sort of artsy, detached, peculiar movies to really enjoy this one, which I’m really not.

Watched the move “Marshall”.

Remake of Thurgood Marshall who won Brown vs. Board of education. Really dig it. Like the setting, struggles of racial tensions, how it was overcome, relationships amongst friends and families, and trying to eradicate discrimination in the courtroom. All in all good movie.

The Commuter 2018

It’s Neeson Season!

It was… meh. Probably worth a watch if you have nothing better to do like giving your pet goldfish a bath or something. If not, just wait to watch it on netflix.

On a separate note, James Franco won a Golden Globe?!

And THIS DUDE…

Tommy Wiseau actually stood on stage at the Golden Globe Awards???

WTF???

Darkest Hour - Really good film, really well acted (go on Winston!!!) 8/10.

I didn’t want to bring this up at first but now that it’s in the news…

This is what China thinks about SJWs. Trust me, they don’t think the movie is dumb.

Ironic that China hates SJWs, and every SJW in the US is trying to be like Chinese Tianaman Square guy. Even down to the nerdy glasses.

I saw Sacário on Netflix a week or so ago, so good. I looooo0ve benico del Toro.
And drug cartel shit
And benico del Toro doing drug cartel shit

2 Likes

I’ve met a lot of “dangerous” looking guys in real life that turned out to be not so dangerous after all, but the way Benicio played that character… I would be legitimately terrified of him if I encountered him.

1 Like

He was also in a movie where he played Pablo Escobar , made me scared for my mommy.
And I am a huge Pablo buff , too. I try to watch everything and anything about him and no Pablo’s ever scared me like his Pablo.
Guy is amazing.

1 Like

Seriously? It wasn’t out in theaters over here so I haven’t see it yet. Will probably catch it over the weekend.

1 Like

Yeah I just found it on iTunes because I was going through withdrawal when narcos was over haha

1 Like

Atomic Blonde - Phenomenal soundtrack, great action shots, hot lesbians…what’s not to love except I couldn’t follow the plot at all.

Would be 6/10 but dykes/Ministry/New Order/Siouxsie is worth +2.5 → 8.5/10

1 Like

Shot Caller - gritty, unsentimental look at movie tropes we’ve seen before (white collar guy finds himself toughened in prison, etc) but I thought the acting was very good and there was a nice plot pivot 2/3 of the way through. I wouldn’t have made the same choices that the main character did but there was an overwhelming sense of inevitability to everything that happened that made the movie feel poignant. 7/10

Spider-Man Homecoming - Enjoyable, much more in the spirit of the Spidey comics I grew up reading than the other Spider-Man movies. Michael Keaton is a great bad guy and the movie made him multi-dimensional. You got the sense he was a archcriminal not out of any desire to rule the world, but because it paid better than his Union gig. He’s probably able to take summers off as well. 8/10

Same. It was a fun, easy, enjoyable watch. That’s pretty much all I look for in movies.

1 Like

Star Wars fans, I feel your pain. The fucking Chinese have ruined my childhood by remaking John Woo’s A Better Tomorrow. And it’s worse than I could have ever imagined. Fuck.

Some movies the original film inspired:

(I thought City on Fire SUCKED btw)

Themes of chivalry, honor, loyalty, duty and brotherhood are universal. You see a lot of them in old Hong Kong movies and Hollywood Westerns. You will see some of them even in newer movies like Gangs of New York and Fury Road and a shit load of them in that criminally underrated movie Fury (with Brad Pitt). Fuck, even The Last Samurai got it right. People from an ex-communist country with hundreds of years of culture destroyed and replaced by propaganda don’t identify with any of this. That’s why this remake sucked. You can remake something with the exact same plot but without the underlying themes resulting in distinct character nuances and dynamics, it’s going to be just a superficial copy with the potential of really sucking if you have an incompetent director.

When your government defines your values for you, you end up with none once they stop doing that.

Don’t be fucking communists.

Sorry, just wanted to rant.

I saw a great movie on Netflix called spotlight. It was based on a true story about the Boston globe uncovering priests molesting etc…
Michel keaton is in it… that guy makes some good movies

Baby Driver

I dunno what to make of this…

It’s an entertaining movie. Very well made. There’s a whole lot of talent behind the camera. But after the film’s over I just felt empty for some reason. Kind of like I’ve seen this all before but in better movies which were a lot less flashy and didn’t try so hard to be clever with the camera and editing… I dunno… it’s pretty good but… not that good. Can’t describe it. Perhaps it would have worked better with a story more like Guy Ritchie’s earlier films.

Same here ! Loved that movie. My favourite Spider-Man film by farrr

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. I only watched it because I enjoy Frances McDormand. I generally don’t look for movies that have won awards because, sometimes, they seem a bit too smart for their own good and only won awards because they seem smart and ‘award worthy’.

However, I loved it. It’s been a while since I’ve felt so engaged by a movie. Mostly I just watch to pass the time and relax. McDormand was wonderful. She was hard and unsympathetic despite the circumstances for the three billboards. Sam Rockwell was awesome as a racist asshole playing against McDormand.

1 Like

OMG

“Turning you loose.”
“How loose?”
“No rules this time.”

LOL!!! I don’t even care if this goes into Michael Bay territory. I just want to watch Benicio killing people.

1 Like