The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

[quote]Yogi wrote:
The Visit, by M. Night Shyamamamama

…[/quote]

LOL!

I find myself saying it the same way when in conversation about the dude.

New Terminator was muchly sucky…

Here’s why I’m upset

Sarah Connor acted like a snotty bitch. I get that she’s supposed to be tough, but she was more brat-like.

And growing up the original Sarah Connor is what first inspired me to go to the gym.

If I could do chin ups like her… I thought…

I stopped watching part-way through though, so who knows…
I RATE IT 0.8 SUCKY BLANKEY’S OUTTA 5

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I finally caught Whiplash. Words cannot describe this fucking gem of a movie.
[/quote]

It’s just wrong how underrated this movie is.

JK Simmons should have won an Oscar for his role, who doesn’t love a teacher who berates his students into useless slime ? Makes you wonder how he would handle today’s kids who feel entitled and in need of a safe space.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
[/quote]

JK Simmons should have won an Oscar for his role, who doesn’t love a teacher who berates his students into useless slime ? Makes you wonder how he would handle today’s kids who feel entitled and in need of a safe space.[/quote]

Indeed. Stumbled upon that one about 15 mins in and was glued to the end. Fucking great movie.

On the other end of the spectrum…I watched “Grandma’s Boy” since it was mentioned in another thread. Some damn funny parts even though the leading man sucked.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
[/quote]

JK Simmons should have won an Oscar for his role, who doesn’t love a teacher who berates his students into useless slime ? Makes you wonder how he would handle today’s kids who feel entitled and in need of a safe space.[/quote]

Indeed. Stumbled upon that one about 15 mins in and was glued to the end. Fucking great movie.

On the other end of the spectrum…I watched “Grandma’s Boy” since it was mentioned in another thread. Some damn funny parts even though the leading man sucked. [/quote]

Both are great movies in their own right.

My dad beat the shit out of me daily, and verbally abused the hell out of me. Whiplash pissed me off, because I know the teacher is going to feel justified about his entire method. I cut my dad out of my life years ago, but it bothers me to think he may still take some credit for my successes. But, damn, it’s a great movie.

Terminator Genysis was surprisingly decent. Too many high concept ideas floating around in one movie though. I still say they should’ve and could’ve recast the T-800. Arnie at the forefront throughout made it seem like a band reunion with one original member. The plot allowed for cameos from Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn. Throw in Arnie doppelganger Roland Kickinger as the T-1984 and Homeland’s Rupert Friend as a young Robert Patrick and you’re cooking.

Shit, Norman Reedus in The Walking Dead is pretty much how I’d imagine Ed Furlong’s John Connor as an adult (no disrespect to Jason Clarke) .

Up against the latest installments in comparable franchises (Lethal Weapon, Die Hard) though --it’s not that bad at all.

Watched No Country For Old Men the week. I liked it. Did it deserve an Oscar? No, but it was solid. 3 stars out of 4

I watched an 80s sci fi movie called Arena.

Some human on a space station wants to become the first ever human to win an intergalactic fighting tournament. It’s an hour and a half of watching some guy punch rubber monsters.

Totally epic, loved every second of it

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Just watched In the Heart of the Sea. A decent flick.

I know that doesn’t help much but I’m not much of a movie critic. Not even a decent one.[/quote]

Read the book several years ago. Loved it.
I had hoped a film would be made, but when I saw the previews, it looked over-the-top. Typical Hollywood portrayal. The facts of the event were spectacular enough without having to resort to visual exaggeration.

But I’ll see it anyway.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Some human on a space station wants to become the first ever human to win an intergalactic fighting tournament. It’s an hour and a half of watching some guy punch rubber monsters.

Totally epic, loved every second of it[/quote]
After you insisted that I watch Showdown in Little Tokyo, I had a craving for “B” movies with hilariously awful dialogue and acting, so over the weekend I watched the one with my all time favorite action star…

DEATH WISH 3!!!

With a wonderfully horrendous soundtrack by Jimmy Page!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

After you insisted that I watch Showdown in Little Tokyo, I had a craving for “B” movies with hilariously awful dialogue and acting, so over the weekend I watched the one with my all time favorite action star…

DEATH WISH 3!!!

With a wonderfully horrendous soundtrack by Jimmy Page![/quote]

ah good old Charlie. Those films are awesome. I don’t even know how many there are, pretty sure I’ve seen 5

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Ha! That reminds me I watched Breakout last week.[/quote]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpFgk3_sDk

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

DEATH WISH 3!!!

ah good old Charlie. Those films are awesome. I don’t even know how many there are, pretty sure I’ve seen 5[/quote]
yeah I think there were 5. Part 3 was the most over the top.

Wall E - Fantastic, family friendly sci-fi film, who would have thought robot love could be so heart warming!!!, 8.5/10.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

DEATH WISH 3!!!

ah good old Charlie. Those films are awesome. I don’t even know how many there are, pretty sure I’ve seen 5[/quote]
yeah I think there were 5. Part 3 was the most over the top.[/quote]

aye good ole Uncle Charlie. Sure was cool but he was no Michael Biehn that’s for sure

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
Wall E - Fantastic, family friendly sci-fi film, who would have thought robot love could be so heart warming!!!, 8.5/10. [/quote]

dude, have you ever seen Up? First 15 minutes are the saddest fucking thing you’ll ever watch in your life.