The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Watched The Martian.

Not bad. Some clever dialogue. I’m seriously contemplating if it would have sucked if not for Matt Damon’s performance. Hearing the David Bowie song in the middle of the film was nice. I love David Bowie.[/quote]

Really? I can’t say I’m a fan of Ol Damon. [/quote]
Haha why? I think he’s a much better actor than most people give him credit for.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Matt Damon has moved to TomCruiseville. I don’t go there anymore.[/quote]
The latest Mission Impossible film was actually pretty good lol.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Watched The Martian.

Not bad. Some clever dialogue. I’m seriously contemplating if it would have sucked if not for Matt Damon’s performance. Hearing the David Bowie song in the middle of the film was nice. I love David Bowie.[/quote]

Really? I can’t say I’m a fan of Ol Damon. [/quote]
Haha why? I think he’s a much better actor than most people give him credit for. [/quote]

Lol, I mean he’s okay. I don’t dislike him or anything. I just don’t think he’s that great.

WHIPLASH

I was beat down pretty much daily as a kid, and I knew this movie would make me feel like crap. It did. Acting was fantastic, but just such a negative experience for me. My 15 year old son loved it, though.

I finally caught Whiplash. Words cannot describe this fucking gem of a movie.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I finally caught Whiplash. Words cannot describe this fucking gem of a movie.
[/quote]

Been itching to watch it.

bit of a movie marathon this last weekend with a stoner friend of mine:

The Equalizer - Denzel Washington kills a bunch of folk. Entertaining, if not a little predictable.

John Wick - Keanu Reeves kills a bunch of folk. Actually really liked it!

The Maniac - This was unsettling. Elijah Wood plays a serial killer (actually does a really good job even though it’s impossible not to think of him as Frodo). Shot mostly in first person, it makes for uncomfortable viewing at times but is pretty good I thought.

Machete Kills - Load of shite. I mean, I get that it’s supposed to be tongue in cheek but what a pile of wank.

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - Liked it more than I thought I would. Bit Simon Pegg heavy for my taste though.

The Inbetweeners 2 - Shite. Really not my kind of movie at all, but considering the target demographic is 15 year old boys I suppose that’s hardly surprising

BIG - With the Tom Hanks!!!..classic family film, always a pleasure, 9/10.

Kidulthood - Really, really fucked up, gritty film about a bunch of delinquent teenagers day off school in inner-city London. Not a nice film certainly, though, certainly gripping, 7.5/10.

Oh & Inbetweeners 2…enjoyed this much than the first one, really hilarious in places, 7/10.

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
Oh & Inbetweeners 2…enjoyed this much than the first one, really hilarious in places, 7/10.[/quote]

duuuuuuuuude

Tv Series:

Ash vs Evil Dead

Not bad, pretty funny.

Fargo Season 2

Fucking astounding. Better than season 1. Bruce Campbell plays Ronald Reagan(not joking).

I’m really enjoying Ash vs Evil Dead too. It’s pretty cheesy but still delivers

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’m really enjoying Ash vs Evil Dead too. It’s pretty cheesy but still delivers[/quote]
The 3rd episode was funny as hell.

Ash: “Lionel, you find a wimpy demon yet?”
Lionel: “A demon of the mindscape”
Ash: “Perfect, sounds like a total nerd!”

"It’s like spilling paint on a painting. It’s okay because there’s already paint on it.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’m really enjoying Ash vs Evil Dead too. It’s pretty cheesy but still delivers[/quote]

"It’s like spilling paint on a painting. It’s okay because there’s already paint on it.[/quote]

Sweet musical Jesus!

That reminds me, episode 4 must be out by now

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

"It’s like spilling paint on a painting. It’s okay because there’s already paint on it.[/quote]

Sweet musical Jesus!

That reminds me, episode 4 must be out by now
[/quote]
The possessed hand! It’s back lmao!!!

“The Best Offer”

Jeffery Rush kills it in this surprisingly good film about a wealthy, conniving, upscale auction house owner who falls in love with a young female client. There’s way more, but I don’t want to spoil the twist.

Sin City 2 - Meh, enjoyed it about as much as the first, which is to say: kinda

The Visit, by M. Night Shyamamamama

Wasn’t a fan of his before, still not a fan of his now. The movie is decidedly average.