The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

I can’t wait to watch WonderWoman this year. so excited after the Civil War: Captain America vs Iron Man and Batman vs Superman

1 Like

Wonder Woman

Oh boy, it was awesome! Old school film making with an emphasis on story and characters, saving the big CGI throw downs for the end. This is why, despite the massive spectacle and shit blowing up, the Superman movies just failed to excite the audience. You have to fucking earn it by getting them to invest in the characters first. This movie did. Well done.

3 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy II

7/10

It was fun, seemed a bit rushed near the beginning trying to make up time and connect stories and framework, struggled to develop some characters, a bit forced at times with the humor, but overall a decent movie that was fun to watch (I didn’t expect it to live up to the first one therefore I was not disappointed.)

I’ve heard many good reviews. I’m taking my two daughters to see it next Sunday. I really hope it lives up to it. As a kid in the '70’s I loved super hero comics in general and Wonder Woman in particular. I haven’t seen any in years but at that time they were heavily about WWII and fighting the nazi’s; very '40s in style.

1 Like

Hardcore Henry

If you like watching people play video games, you’ll love this movie and it’s an 7.5/10. If you don’t, it’s a 2.5/10.

It was a novel idea executed well. It also has Haley Bennett so it has that going for it…

1 Like

how’d your vertigo cope?

Fine, I had no problems at all. Which is surprising because many games will make me sick.

Wonder Woman - Fantastic and that Gal Gadot, damn…

2 Likes

Pollyanna

It’s an older movie about a young girl, Pollyanna, that becomes orphaned. Despite her situation, she remains optimistic and brightens the lives of all of those around her. The movie ends on a high note with Pollyanna falling off of a roof, resulting in her becoming paralyzed.

1 Like

To have a perve or fod the actual movie haha😉

47 Meters Down

Really suspenseful deep sea “what if?” scenario: What if your shark cage fell to the ocean floor 150 ft beneath the surface while several great whites were circling above?

It’s a somewhat absurd premise, mainly because the shark behavior is ridiculously unrealistic from everything I’ve ever seen, but it is compelling and dramatic if you can get past that. The two female leads don’t act in face-palmingly stupid ways, which is refreshing. Their choices make sense given the circumstances they’re in.

I have to say that I was uncomfortably tense while watching the entirety of the underwater scenes (which is basically the entire last hour). Part of that is because you have no idea what’s happening above the surface; the camera stays with the girls, 100+ ft under the waves, and you feel as isolated as they do. It’s really unsettling.

8/10

It Comes at Night

Creepy post apocalyptic psychological thriller about a family that survives some kind of plague while living in their isolated home in the wilderness, and what happens when they come into contact with another family of survivors.

I don’t want to say too much because I think your best bet is to know as little as possible going in. It’s really fucking good though.

9/10

Wonder Woman

I’m almost pissed off at how good this movie is. How did DC serve up the turds that were BvS and SS when they had the ability to do something this well? Those movies look even more horrible now that this exists, and I nearly choked on my own tongue when I saw Zach Snyder’s name in the credits.

Anyhow, yeah, this movie is easily the best DC movie since TDKR (maybe TDK), and it’s definitely a top 10 comic movie. I won’t go on and on about it, but you should definitely see it if you haven’t already.

9/10

4 Likes

Transformers 5 or something

The Transformers series - the one which every spineless critic out there took their nerd rage out on because they had to give steaming piles of shit like the Ghostbusters remake a good review… This time the critics are right. There’s really no fucking way to defend this movie. They should have stopped at part 3.

1 Like

John Wick 2, awesome but I still can’t get past Keanu as anything other than his Bill&Ted’s/Point Break persona.

Transformers 5 - steaming pile of dog shit. About a third of the way through the movie they gave up on anything that might faintly resemble a semi-coherent story line. I’m pissed they got my money.

Split - Excellent thriller, I haven’t seen a lot of James Mcavoy before, but think he could be a great film actor in the Edward Norton/Christian Bale mold. Looking at his bio he’s an accomplished theater actor already.

Life- Very predictable, but I liked it anyways. Starts out bright and hopeful then takes a turn for the worse, and worse, and worse…

I think it kind of tried to be like a “real” space movie by maintaining a zero gravity environment the whole time and it appeared that everybody was wearing diapers. No sexy space suits. Over all it was a good way to relax and check off two hours.

I liked it. Seems like the producers are trying too create a new fighting paradigm- kung-fu with guns.

The Wall

Good acting and direction engaged me until I realized the plot was really going nowhere halfway through the film. Good thing I lost interest before the silly ending or I would have been pissed.

Spider-Man Homecoming was much better than most of the others I think. (I was never one who though Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 was THAT great. Good, but not as good as so many other people thought) and if you stay for the after-credits you’ll get a laugh.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman - eh, I expected more. The movie definitely has a Zach Snyder feel to it, which is a good thing, but otherwise hews to to usual superhero movie tropes. The idea that this movie is some kind of feminist watershed is overblown however I did appreciate the casting of Connie Nielson (age 52) and Robin Wright (age 51) as Diana’s mother and aunt, respectively. Their age added a gravity to their characters that younger actresses just wouldn’t possess. The idea that they had been to battle and seen the horrors of war was much more believable than had they cast actresses who were not much older than Gal for the roles.

Overall, I give it a 7/10. However, as a huge Lynda Carter fan I award Gal Gadot 5/5 Crumpled Kleenexes.

2 Likes

Our Time Will Come (China) 2017

In case anyone decides to attend an arts festival or rent an Asian movie, this is a piece of SHIT. I watched this because my wife wanted to see it. Again, this is a piece of shit with the sole intention of boring the audience to death just like all the other movies Ann Hui has directed since Summer Snow. Don’t believe the fucking reviews. These are the same spineless fucks who gave the Ghostbusters remake a good review.

Saw Alien Covenant yesterday. Though I liked the film I was really hoping they were going to take the whole Prometheus film and on in another direction. I thought it was going to be its own universe in respect to the engineers. I was expecting some type of alternate human beginnings/history/mythology franchise instead of Alien Prequels.

7/10

Spiderman homecoming:
Better then all previous spiderman, Tom holland did an amazing job of performing both spider-man and peter parker.
I’m excited to see what marvel brings us next with spider-man (and tom holland.)

Wolf Of wallstreet:
Amazing. Funny. Everything, it’s great how he builds this empire and it comes crumbling down.

Shutter island:
Edge of my seat, I’ve bin on a dicaprio run the last couple of days, and this one’s great.
I’m pretty sure that in the end of the movie he chose to be lobotomised rather then actually losing it again. Amazing.

Inception:
The amount of batman actors in this movie is to damn high!
Alfred, bane, daugther of ras al ghul, scare crow, robin , not sure if more.
great movie, i should have watched this one way sooner,
The ending where it hints cobbs is still dreaming is nice. Cinematography, acting, pacing everything just felt right. And the effects were dope!