The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Underworld: Blood Wars - meh. Other then the joy of seeing Kate Beckinsale in skin tight suits, this movie was nothing overly special.

Arrival

I was so fucking bored I wanted to leave the theater around the 30min mark and now I wish I did. Just stating my honest opinion.

I thought that was the entire point.

1 Like

The Bye Bye Man

One of the worst horror movies ever made. Still slightly more entertaining than Arrival.

I watched The Interview. You know that one with Seth Rogan and that guy whose name I can’t ever remember?

As far as brainless comedies go it got a few laughs out of me, and considering I expected it to be utterly terrible I was pleasantly surprised.

The series gets a 10/10 from me. Captivating is definitely a word for it; terrifying is another. I love how there is very little exposition; they let you slowly figure out WTF is happening in each episode. I thought most of the episodes were brilliant, and there were probably only 2 weak-ish ones (The National Anthem and The Waldo Moment IMO, and that’s speaking relative to the rest of them).

1 Like

Come on, James Franco’s delivery was perfect in this scene.

yeah it had its moments for sure

Split

Fuck you, Shyamalan. Fuck you.

1 Like

aw man I’m so disappointed to hear that! I had high hopes

Xxx Return of Xander Cage

Skip it. Not worth the time and money, even for Donnie Yen.

Dude for a man with as good a taste in movies as you have, you sure do go see a lot of obvious lemons.

1 Like

Split - Wonderfully fucked-up film 9/10

I thought there was no way anyone could fuck up a XXX movie. How the fuck do you do that? All it had to be was big, dumb and with every plot thread being an excuse to set up some epically choreographed action scene, like the first XXX and Donnie Yen’s best films. Vin Diesel just had to be Vin Diesel. I was wrong. It’s like action flicks these days have been neutered.

You want to see some over-the-top escapist nonsense from Donnie Yen, go watch:

@dt79 - you’re on a boat with Ryan Reynolds and Donnie Yen. In a moment of pure horror, both Ryan and Donnie fall overboard.

You only have time to save one. Whom do you save?

1 Like

I let both drown and have all the coke and whores to myself.

2 Likes

Lucky Number Slevin

I don’t know why, but I find this movie extremely enjoyable.

“I’m a world-class assassin, fuckhead. How do you think I found out?”

There was a time.
4:35.
You misunderstood. I wasn’t asking for the time, I was just saying… there was a time.
There was a time?
Mmm-hmm. Take Brown Sugar back there, for example. She’s pretty fuckin’ foxy, right?
She’s 70.
If she’s a day. But there was a time.

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Trainspotting 2 - Very good film, good soundtrack, maintained some of the lovably fucked-up qualities of the original 8/10.

T2: Trainspotting.

Fucking brilliant. Fans of the first will love it.

Batman V Superman

I’m no comic book aficianado by any stretch, but I thoroughly enjoy the super hero genre of movies and the Batman v Superman was pretty gritty, Affleck did a way better job than I thought he would with Batman, the dark, gritty image of the bat was well done, in my opinion. Not sure if it holds up to the true fans, but it was a cool watch for me.

2 Likes