T Nation

The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Agree. Steve Carrell was excellent, in particular.

I saw it a few years ago, and it’s probably one of the best suspense films I’ve seen in years… yet it appears to be virtually unknown by anyone! I had previously thought Reynolds was a lightweight pretty-boy, but this film showed me otherwise. Another virtually unknown Reynold’s film is “Chaos Theory.” Funny, poignant, surprisingly good. Highly recommended.

By the way, Steel, if you like this kind of film (solitary figure struggling against great odds alone), check out “Wrecked” starring Adrien Brody. Really good film, that no one seems to know about. LOL

Since I’ve railed endlessly about Batman v Superman, I need to post this:

His explanation of the “Martha” scene is pretty incredible. There are still a ton of problems with this movie, but this makes me hate it less.

Just watched Hateful 8 for the first time. Thought it was a lot better than I had heard from other people. Better than Django Unchained.

oooohhh controversial.

The Legend Of Barney Thomson.

A very, and I mean VERY, Scottish black comedy about a barber who accidentally becomes a serial killer.

Scottish people like myself will find it hilarious, but I honestly have no idea how well it’ll translate over for people who aren’t familiar with Scottish humour or dialect.

If any of you foreign types watch it, let me know what you think.

Filth - Really hilarious, messed up film about a misanthropic police offices who is slowly descending into madness 8/10.

Wolf of Wall street - Pretty good film, but probably about an hour too long 7.5/10.

Dolan’s cadillac - Film version of Stephen’s King’s short story - Worth a watch, but ultimately not in the same league as the original story 6/10.

Seance: The Summoning

In the climax, a dumb chick strangles her friend, possessed by a demon who ruled the earth for “a thousand years before Christianity”, to death while yelling,

“The power of Christ compels you! Go into the RAT!” The camera then pans to a rat in a box. She proceeds to bite it’s head off. The film ends shortly after this.

Fuck it. At least it was funnier than the Ghostbusters remake.

Sausage Party - Proper good LOLS 8/10

I too saw Sausage Party. It was very funny. It was also very wild.

It’s like a cross between a Pixar movie and a dirty comic’s stand-up routine.

It was awesome.

Do NOT take any children to see this movie. It’s not for them unless you want them leaving with a lot of questions and [sort of] learning certain things too early.

I’d give examples, but I don’t want to ruin the movie for some people.

I’d also give it an 8/10. Very solid comedy if you like that type of humor.

I had to watch it with subtitles on lol. I don’t think I got most of the jokes and the plot was lame IMHO but I was surprised at how well Robert Carlyle directed it. The dude is going to direct an award winning film one day.

yeah I strongly suspected that non-Scots wouldn’t get any of the humour. It’s all about the language, really.

I’m impressed you gave it a try though.

Watched ‘Hell Or High Water’ last Saturday. Perhaps my favorite movie so far this year.

I’m a big fan of Robert Carlyle so I had to watch it haha.

girlfriend made me go and see the new Blair Witch.

Honestly, it was nowhere near as terrible as I thought it’d be, and it actually verges on good in places but there is a LOT wrong with it and most of the “scares” (note the parenthesis) really just come from the fact that sound effects come at you at a thousand billion decibels.

Seeing my girlfriend completely and utterly terrified was worth the price of the ticket. She was shaking! Funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

The Blair Witch Project scared the shit out of me because I’ve been lost in the woods before. Really, it wasn’t the cat noises and shit that scared me, but rather the scenes where they’re wandering aimlessly and then realize that they’re straight back where they started. That freaked me out.

Is the new film like that, or do they decide to eschew the whole “people are lost in the woods and thoroughly fucked” premise/vibe and go mostly for the night scenes, which weren’t scary in the slightest on their own?

I think that’s the main reason why I’m hesistant with seeing this film. The Blair Witch Project is one of my favorite horror films precisely because they’re mostly it’s just them lost in the wood and wandering around. The trailers for the new one seems to suggest that this isn’t the case, and that’s boring.

eehhhhh I dunno mate you might still like it. It definitely uses a LOT of the plot devices from the first movie. To be honest I really didn’t like the first movie and I’m not sure if I would have been more or less likely to enjoy the sequel if I had.

More holes in it than a lump of emmental though…

Florence Foster Jenkins

Oh boy…

First off, THIS IS REAL:

Now, the movie:

If you have not seen what an extraordinary actress Meryl Streep really is, you need to watch this.

I had heard of Jenkins a couple of years ago on an NPR report, and couldn’t believe it was for real! Definitely interested in seeing the film!

Ha! Seeing the Meryl Streep singing like her on camera for the first time(apparently, none of this was pre-recorded and lip synched) and the incredulous look on her new pianist’s face will have you in stitches, I guarantee you this!