The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

oohhhhh that makes perfect sense now. I knew there were sequels to NOD, but I didn’t know anything about the Suspiria ones. Are they worth a watch?

Edited the post above.

Oh yeah Mother of Tears had a hilarious scene where a woman gets disemboweled and strangled to death with her own intestines that one of the Wrong Turn sequels ripped off lol.

Nice, I’ll check it out.

I watched one of the Wrong Turn sequels the other day (maybe 4?) and it was awesome. First scene - a bunch of mental patients escape and rip apart the doctors, second scene - lesbian orgy.

Filmmaking at its finest

in other news: watched Goodwill Hunting tonight. Man, what a talent we lost in Robin Williams.

1 Like

Yeah that’s part 4 I think. My favourite is part 5 only because they had the fucking audacity to rip off the main plot from Rio Bravo lol.

wrong turn Rio Bravo? I’m going to have to watch that!

I meant to say to you, I watched a movie which I’m sure you’ll love called Arena. It’s a like a sci-fi action movie where they have like an intergalactic fighting tournament with all these different aliens in it. The great thing is it pre-dates CGI so all the aliens are these shit-looking, latexy things. Just brilliant.

You are referring to this one right? Looks cool! I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Ok I couldn’t find my old dvds so I watched:

Hatchet 2

Hilarious gorefest with Tony Todd and Danielle Harris, the cutest little thing ever. A dude gets decapitated with his own intestines. Wtf is it with intestines and gore flicks lol?

Tenebre

Argento’s best movie IMO. It has this awesome tracking shot De Palma probably wishes he had done.

Yeah that’s the one! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s exactly the right kind of terrible.

Never seen Tenebre! I’ll add it to my list

Dallas Buyers Club. Totally brilliant; he deserved the Oscar.

1 Like

The Conjuring 2

For true lovers of the horror genre, I think we can all agree that The Conjuring 1 was that truly great modern horror film we had all been waiting for over 2 decades to finally be made. So… don’t get your hopes up for this one and you probably won’t be too disappointed. This film is closer to Insidious 2 though much more skillfully directed. Unfortunately, I found myself laughing out loud at most of the “scary” scenes. I mean, come on, one of the “evil entities” looks like Marilyn Manson in a nun outfit for fucks sake.

For those who are easily frightened by horror films, well, my wife has been sleeping with the lights on the past 2 nights.

Aw that bums me out; The Conjuring was surprisingly good I thought.

That fucking Annabel movie they made as a kind of sequel was utter toilet though.

I don’t even think they bothered to come up with an original script for Annabelle. I think they adapted some existing unfilmed horror script to include the doll. There were too many inconsistances with The Conjuring.

Finally saw 13 hours. It was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while.

The Conjuring was an amazing film.

Conjuring 2 sucked.

The Conjuring 2 was 134 min whereas The Conjuring was 112 (off imdb). It really showed. Far too much emphasis on “scary moments” (that really were not all that scary) and a major subplot that is virtually pointless in a movie like this made for a really plodding plot. The film basically is spurts of plot and movement, then “insert not-very-scary scary moment here, then some more plot.”

I regret spending 12 USD on it.

Independence Day: Resurgence, on the other hand…

Holds no candle to the original, but is generally a self-aware film that is quite entertaining if you just let it all happen the way it says it happens.

It’s a generic fun blockbuster movie. It’s too bad that they chose to take it in such a goof-ball manner instead of playing it somewhat straight like the original did.

Can’t speak from personal experience but I heard it was terrible, the special effects were weak, and it didn’t entertain. Rotten tomatoes has a pretty bad rating for it… then again sometimes I watch a movie (like Transformers) that has a 6% rating and it is alright. Usually the viewer rating is better though.

It’s all about expectations.

On an actual “is this a good film?” level, it’s a horrible film.

It’s a movie you watch to just pass the time. It’s your generic summer blockbuster film. It’s Roland Emmerich; you know what you’re going to get.

Though I certainly understand, and agree with, the argument that blockbuster movies should be genuinely great films.

Like Jaws. Original summer blockbuster that also happens to be a terrific film.

Zootopia

Hell of a lot of fun!

2 Likes

Transformers 3 is one of my favorite action movies of all time. Yeah that’s right. Haters, go fuck yourselves.

Transformers 2 is my favorite. Just fast-forward through the boring parts.

Also, I believe you meant to quote Drew1411?