The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

@dt79 :+1: Spot on with Black Panther. (I still can’t believe they used the same, exact, one street every time they did a village life scene lol)

Gwyneth Paltrow was unbelievably hot in the first Iron Man. When she ran from the bad machine wannabe ironman in her high heels, I almost had “a moment”. IMO, her hotness has steadily and noticeably declined in the sequels, and I am sad. Ah, Father Time.

Wow, I can’t believe the writing is that bad in Captain Marvel. Yeah, that is lame.

Non sequitur -Amber Heard hot, Johnny Depp lame.

1 Like

Question… is the Hulk the one buddy that can be a mean drunk ? But good to have around when a bar fight starts?

1 Like

Yeah, probably. I’m only basing these descriptions off the marvel movies since I’ve never read any of the comics. The Hulk keeps changing in the movies. He started out as the personification of pure rage. Now he’s talking and making fun of Thor. Is he evolving?

Hulk is known for having allot of variations in the comics. I suspect we’re going to get one of those in end game . I’m pretty sure at this point which one it will be . Anyone who has some familiarity with the source material have guessed. I don’t want to spoil it for you. I get the feeling that your either going to love it or just hate it with no middle ground.

1 Like

I assumed it was because every other time he’d been Hulk, he’d been in the middle of a fight and thus the personification of pure rage. In Ragnarok, he’d had the chance to be a more chilled-out version of Hulk for a bit. I dunno, I’ve never read any of the comics either but that’s what I figured.

1 Like

I think she was hottest in The Royal Tenenbaums.

1 Like

bruh. I have never seen this movie. I just might have to.

I’ve never really found her to be anything special - but bruh, gotdam

1 Like

I have 4 kids so I’ve seen every kids movie released in the past 10 years. The first Wreck-It Ralph is an exception. I liked Ralph Breaks the Internet though.

Oh man, my condolences then on Trolls, Frozen, The Princess & the Frog, Secret Life of Pets, and the other especially terrible ones. The original Wreck it Ralph is great though, even if you don’t have kids. If you grew up on any videogames it’s worth a watch.

I loved Wreck-It Ralph.

I watched Ralph Breaks the Internet during an 11 hour flight. I actually got bored two-thirds of the way through and decided to watch another movie.

Seriously disappointing.

Us

I guarantee you that if you are a horror movie fan, you will figure out the ending “twist” 5 minutes into the movie. And you will spend the rest of the movie admiring the amount of unbridled conceit involved in it’s attempts at misdirection by piling on multiple sociopolitical metaphors which simply do not add up unless you are willing to give the movie the kind of leeway you would give to an enthusiastic child.

5.5/10, 1 gold star sticker and a prominent place on the refrigerator held by animal shaped magnets.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oldest son is dragging me to see Captain Marvel as I type. May God have mercy on my soul.

1 Like

“The Act” is really hard to watch. Not because it’s bad, but because it is well done.

Good God … I was bored by the 3rd act of Captain Marvel. I would have enjoyed it more if the focus was on Fury and the main Skrull . I will also include Goose into the mix.

1 Like

Finally saw Into the Spiderverse and it was pretty freakin awesome.

1 Like

Jesus Christ look at the amount of tip-toeing and justification someone who doesn’t like Us has to make before daring to say he doesn’t like the movie.

What the fuck?

“Is it possible… admit…” What the fuck does this even mean? Come the fuck on. No one would even start off a bad review of a Hitchcock movie like this.

Jordan Peele is what you get when you artificially prop up someone due to political reasons instead of actual merit. Now he confidently makes a movie without any self-restraint and you realize he’s an idiot. But most of you are going to fucking continue to double down on this shit because you are cowards.

Fuck you, critics. Go fuck yourselves.

1 Like

Plot spoiler: in CM what was the point of Mar-vel to be researching a light speed drive? Yes it to help the Skrulls relocate. But seems kind of redundant when it seems most of the other alien races seem to have more advanced tech in the form of space jumps.

2 Likes

Why would she even come to earth and use 1980s US military technology to try to invent the light speed thing when they already have invisible cloaking technology and a fucking tesseract???

1 Like

Because jets go ZOOOOM!?!

1 Like