The Return of Even More Movies You've Watched This Week III

Yes, Yogi, I have.

How was it, Yogi?

It was good. Not amazing, but good. If you like Tarantino movies you’ll already be able to predict pretty much exactly how it goes - floods of snappy dialogue punctuated with the occasional burst of gory violence.

Not the best Tarantino film, but certainly not the worst. I enjoyed it very much, even if it was a tad derivative.

Yeah, I saw the 70mm road show version. I agree with your assessment: good, but not Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill-level great. I haven’t seen the digital version, but I can’t imagine it being any better or worse than the 70mm.

Horns: Absolutely hilarious in places, excellent alternative thriller, though, admitedly it got a lil ridiculous towards the end. 8/10.

I watched Bone Tomahawk.

Well. Well, well, well. I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to movie violence, but it had me cringing in places.

Good movie, but I’ll definitely not watch it again.

2 Likes

The Big Short

This film is extraordinary! I mean, seriously, the filmmaking here is at such a high level they actually have characters breaking The 4th Wall like turning to the camera and literally telling the audience an ongoing scene was embellished for dramatic effect without disrupting nor cheapening the narrative. Not to be missed!

1 Like

I saw it tonight and really liked it. I mean it’s hardly Citizen Kane but it’s a good watch

The fight scenes were really well choreographed.

1 Like

I’m usually anti-spoilers but Channing Tatum emerging from a cellar is not a movie defining- twist or a good reason to see a film regardless of age or sexual orientation.

It’s Game of Thrones meets Evil Dead meets hard-boiled Western punctuated by Tarantino’s grandstanding dialogue.

1 Like

“Birdman”
Michael Keaton’s performance was palpably stellar. His best work ever.

The Big Short: Really interesting (in some ways quite maddening insight into the financial crash) 7.5/10

Despicable Me 2: Fantastic kids & or family film, though not quite as good as the first, 8/10.

I want to watch it a few more times but I thought there was something magical about that movie. Not only did I really enjoy it but I felt like I was watching a great example of the craftsmanship of film-making. It was really something special.

1 Like

The Witch - One of the creepiest, most unnerving movies I’ve seen. The cast is outstanding, including the kids. Definitely worth a watch on the big screen.

8/10

Totally agree. I felt the same about a film called K-Pax (2001).

Batman V Superman

After a sleep inducing 1st hour, when the action starts, it is hard hitting and relentless. Worth the price of the ticket if you like to see bones broken and lots of stuff being blown up. This Batman seriously kicks ass. The dude that plays Lex Luther is awful. I mean really fucking awful.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

• It’s “G” rated musical with no boobs or language. But once you get past that everything else is really great. Dudes hit on hot women, and the women know how to deal with it. These good looking women have all kinds of great, snappy lines. Like something out of an Earnest Hemmingway story. It’s like the opposite of Amy Schumer. I loved this movie. I want to eat some mushrooms and watch it again.