The Rest of 2008

Back from the 2008 NPC Team Universe, where I won the Light Heavy weight class. This is the second year in a row where I won this division. Going into the Team Universe my mind was set on winning the Overall. After a hard fought battle with the other division winners it came down to a one point differential between myself and the heavyweight winner Tim Martin.

Unfortunately I didnt come out with the overall win. Is this the end for me? Hell No. Was this hard for me to take? I was very disappointed but at the same time it lit a blazin fire under my azz to train even harder for next year!!

Right now as it turns out the NPC hasnt made the decision to take a team to the IFBB Amateur World Championships in Bahrain. If they do decide to take a team I will return to try and place even higher than I did last year. Last year I was going into this show very tired from competing in 7 shows prior. This year will be different, coming into this show if we go will be my 4th show of the year.

With that being said I have an international show coming up next thursday and a Natural ABA/INBA/PNBA show on October 4th. After this year is all said and done I will concentrate on next years Team Universe.

The improvements I need to make are in my legs with the width and the back width and thickness. After looking at the pics frommthe Team Universe I got my azz handed to me when we turned around for the back double bi and lat spread. So those will be my main concerns for next year.

Thank you T-Nation for all your support . If you have any questions shoot em at me!!!

Hello Kiyoshi!

I was there in the crowd on Saturday night and you looked awesome! Tim Martin came in first for the overall but I don’t think you had your ass handed to you!

Congrats on winning the light heavy weight class! I’m sorry that you didn’t win the overall. One point must be a little hard to swallow.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Hello Kiyoshi!

I was there in the crowd on Saturday night and you looked awesome! Tim Martin came in first for the overall but I don’t think you had your ass handed to you! [/quote]

Thanks bro!!! It was close one point diffrential!!! This one hurt alot but I will be back even better next year. I beleive I beat him from the front and side shots but when we turned for the Back double bi and lat spread. He beat me down!!! So my back will be much improved next year along with the legs

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Congrats on winning the light heavy weight class! I’m sorry that you didn’t win the overall. One point must be a little hard to swallow.[/quote]

Thank you very much. Back to back wins in the light heavies in 07 and 08 is pretty awsome. I am very proud of my conditioning cause each year I need to get better and I beleived I did just that. It does hurt though alot. But thats what makes you stronger and better. When you get knocked down and stepped on. Are you going to get back up and keep fighting!!! Hell Yes is my mentality!!!

Good work brother, never mind that 1 point… You’ll take the overall next time.

Hey Kiyoshi, congrats on winning the light heavy weight class!!! I know that one point margin will make you work even harder for the upcoming year. Overall champ is yours next year!!

Congrats on the class win and good luck with World’s.

How do you plan to improve your legs and back?

Congrats

Congrats

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Good work brother, never mind that 1 point… You’ll take the overall next time.[/quote]

I’m working just for that!!!

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Hey Kiyoshi, congrats on winning the light heavy weight class!!! I know that one point margin will make you work even harder for the upcoming year. Overall champ is yours next year!![/quote]

HeyTmoney!!! Thank you very much!!! I wrote everywhere on my bathroom mirror at home, inside of my weight belt, just about everywhere. ONE POINT. TEAM UNIVERSE OVERALL.

So soon as as we found out if we are going to the World Championships in Bahrain then it’s back to the drawing board and no breaks this coming year

Hey KM,

You think you’ll ever compete in the heavyweight division?

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
Congrats on the class win and good luck with World’s.

How do you plan to improve your legs and back?
[/quote]

Thank you very much bro!! i hope we go!!!

well as for my legs. here you go ever since Jan I honeslty worked my legs a total of 20 times , the majority of it was done during contest prep the last 8 to 10 weeks. Why you ask. I play in a competitive flag football league that plays in tournys from southern cali to nevada to texas so I back off on my leg training. Which this coming year will be different. No more football. Alot of squats, hack squats, leg presses, heavy lunges. as far as back sticking with deadlifts, and alot of bent over barbell rows and dumbell rows to get that thickness i need.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Hey KM,

You think you’ll ever compete in the heavyweight division? [/quote]

Not sure this year I weighned in at 191 to 192 around there so I still have a way to go to 198 to fully fill out. Cause I will never sacrafice conditioning for size. I believe a good 7lbs will be damn good in the right places give the illusion of looking alot bigger onstage. Not sure what the future holds for me but if I end a heavy then so be it!!!

Well it’s about officially offseason for me. We just found out they we will not be going to the IFBB amateur World Championships in Bahrain. We were told it is an unsafe region so mr.manion is looking out for our safety.

Are you doing the same thing diet-wise this time or staying a bit stricter?

2008 Team Universe has come and gone

Another year has come and gone. Am I pleased with the outcome? Somewhat? Of course my goal was to win the overall as with anyone that competes. But I’m satisfied with what I set out to do.

That was to improve from last year. I fell short by one point to the overall winner Tim Martin from the heavyweight class. In my eyes I do believe I beat him from the front and side but when we turned around for the back double bicep shot and rear lat spread, As ronnie would say “Lights Out” for me!!! lol.

He handed me a royal ass whoopin. So I go back to the drawing board and improve on the things I need too. BACK and LEGS. Next year I want to bring a whole new package. Does that mean I will move up? We will see. No predictions!!!

This year’s Team Universe was a bit different than last year. Knowing some of the guys like Jeff Rodriguez middleweight winner, Paul Coats bantamweight winner(back to back), Bill Lawrence lightweight winner, Tim Martin Heavyweight and overall winner. There was a bit more comraderie on stage this year.

Even before at the athlete meeting was pretty cool. Cause you talk to these guys all year long and try to keep up with one another and see what the other is doing and then come together to compete is all worth it in the end!!!

Even though Tim Martin won the Overall was I bitter, only to a certain extent because know one likes to lose but at the same time if you look at this guys record and how long he has competed and where he came from you would be amazed!!! The guy is a class act and true champion.

After the show did I eat, somewhat. naahhhhh I’m lying hell yes. Pizza, breadsticks, hot wings, strawberry chesscake and headed to mickie d’s for some fries and a ice cream cone and a 44oz soda, and a heineken.

The the next day woke up went to yum yum donuts put down a dozen donuts and frappacino from starbucks, then went to breakfast and had pancakes, bacon sausage and hashbrowns. Then went to espn zone and had more wings and a long island iced tea and watched the chargers lose.

lol I’m a steeler fan!!! Then went on to have dinner at Olive garden. Did I gain weight somewhat went from 191 to 207 and I was happy!!!

Now I am not gonna sit here and lie to you when I flew back home on tuesday I went back on my diet because I had another show the following thursday. In which I won the overall. All I did was carb deplete for the rest of the time!!! Cardio my ass off!!! Got back into shape!!!

Now here we are 2 weeks post team universe, I have one more show to go. my diet dosnt start til october 1st. Til then I’m eating somewhat healthy.

Here you go:

meal 1 - 50 grams isolyze shake with 2 scoops carbolyze

meal 2 - 12 egg whites and 1 cup oatmeal with 1 soop of peanut butter

meal 3 - 50 grams isolyze shake with 2 scoop carbolyze

meal 4 - 2 double cheeseburgers with 2 small fires and a coke (no BS)

meal 5 - 12oz chicken with special marinade(chris faildo’s recipe) 2 cups white rice

meal 6 - 50 grams of isolyze

meal 7 - 12oz steak with 1 cup of white rice and broccoli

meal 8 - 8 egg whites

Supplements - omegalyze, isolyze, arthrolyze, multivitamins, creatine and glutamine, carbolyze

H2O - 1 gallon per day

Have I resumed training yet. NO!!! Not til next week.

So stay tuned

I will post some pics this coming week!!!

One point can be boiled down to a judge’s mood swing. Honestly.

There is no way that differential means a damn. You are an animal and I have followed your blog; great work, man!

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
One point can be boiled down to a judge’s mood swing. Honestly.

There is no way that differential means a damn. You are an animal and I have followed your blog; great work, man![/quote]

Thank you very much. I know how it goes!!!