The Rep Method

Ok, I’m a little confused on when to include the repetition method into my program. I’d like to find out what week and if it should be done for dynamic or max day. I would really appreciate the help guys.

You have your max effort days and you have your dynamic days. The rep method is usually used on both days on your assistance exercises.

Or some people like DeFranco suggest using the Rep method in place of the dynamic day depending on how advanced you are.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
You have your max effort days and you have your dynamic days. The rep method is usually used on both days on your assistance exercises.

Or some people like DeFranco suggest using the Rep method in place of the dynamic day depending on how advanced you are.[/quote]

Exactly its used every day to hit weak points with the smaller less demanding (usually) assistance excercises. You might as the above talked about check out Defranco’s west side for skinny bastards and as well Jim Wendler wrote some great articles on elite about the repetion method and DE in the past few months.

Phill

Well, I understand that its done with the accsseroy work. But, What weeks do I do DB presses for 3 sets until failure ? Is it the 6th and 7th weeks? I’ve read about it in louies articles but he does’nt say what weeks to do it in.

I would suggest using it in place of the dynamic effort 2x’s per month. I’m not talking about repping to failure, though. I believe most lifters would benefit from doing a 3x3, 5x3, or something similar with 75-85% of their max for the squat, bench, and deadlift, twice per month. The other week, do a speed workout.

RE is the most overlooked effort in what we call “Westside” training, and can be very beneficial. It is easier on your nervous system than DE training, and will allow you to hone technique and put on more muscle.

Bear

[quote]PurePowerSource wrote:
Well, I understand that its done with the accsseroy work. But, What weeks do I do DB presses for 3 sets until failure ? Is it the 6th and 7th weeks? I’ve read about it in louies articles but he does’nt say what weeks to do it in.[/quote]

Thats because its a template and nothing is set in stone. Its another method used you find what works for you like the weay outlined by Mr.Bear above.

Try a few weeks like he said and see what happens.

Read those Jim Wendler articles as well.

Phill