The Regimen - Expert Opinions Needed

Shhh! Thats how we keep all of the cool stuff cool. Nobody wants come here and get drooled on.

1 Like

Thanks for your input man, I’ll definitely have a look on those forums and see what I can find, you’re right by saying I may have merged a lot of info from different people into one program though hahah.

And also about the “long term mindset,” would 10-12 weeks be long enough? I understand what you mean by not being able to grow on 2-3 week stints, but how long would you say?

Thanks for taking me seriously

Thanks for taking me somewhat seriously now; I’m prepared to scrap this plan entirely if it’s garbage.
I’ll have a look at the links you posted and pick one of them to follow, along with having a look at what Sky mentioned.

While you’re here, is there anything I could improve on diet-wise or will I scrap that too?

Thanks for your input as well; I’ll be sure to follow Sky’s advice.

I do have a habit of overcomplicating pretty much everything, guess there’s no need for it if the simple things work, I’ll keep what you said in mind as well.

Dude,you weight 66 kg.What purpose does a period focused on ‘‘muscle definition’’ serve?

Imo your best bet is to focus on getting your lifts up to something good,like squatting 3 plates for reps,benching and rowing 2,overhead pressing 1 ect and then,after 1-2 years cut

Check out this guy,that basically did the same thing

Years. Honestly. There needs to be some threads of continuity that run through your training for long periods of time to see significant change beyond the newb gains. You’re at a great point in life right now for newb gains though. The next 4 to 5 years are prime years for putting on muscle.

Don’t let the time frames intimidate you though. At 44, I can tell you that they fly right by.

3 Likes

With the understanding that your body doesn’t work in 2-5 week blocks, what is your goal?

Without re-reading your post, IIRC, you’re 5’11" and 66kg… How lean are you? (No visible abs, 2, 4, 6 visible?)

how long have you maintained that diet? How many calories and what’s the macro breakdown?

1 Like

Understood, at the moment I’m only squatting 2 plates for 4 reps max, deadlift 130kgx3 and bench 60kgx6 (it’s my weakest :confused:), so I’ll try and put an emphasis on strength for 2017.

Thanks for the input, I’ll have a look at that guy.

Ah I see, I used to joke about one of my friends “forever bulking” as that’s what he’s been doing for the last 2 years, guess he was onto something then hahah.

So far I’ve decided to put an emphasis on strength for at least this year, and I’ll see what stage I’m at in 2018.

Thanks for all the advice, really helpful.

Update on this thread where I got bashed looool One year later before and after

Thanks to those who actually gave advice. First year of training seriously was successful.

1 Like

Great progress. Well done.

1 Like

Seems like that liquid water is working man