The Real Slam Dunk Contest

Just watched this today…this makes the NBA version look rather weak.

That kicked ass… Thanks for posting this or I would haven never of known there were some many high flyer in the D-League… How can that kid lead off with a dunk outside the foul line, doesn’t he know your’re not supposed to lead off with something like that…CRAZY!

The one where the dude sitting on the chair threw an alley-oop was my favorite.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2009-NBA-D-League-Slam-Dunk-Contest-3112/[/quote]

Which NBA version of the dunk contest did you see? Did you see last weeks version? I’ll give 1 or 2 of the dunks from the D-league on par with some of the NBA’s, but making the NBA version look weak?? I beg to differ.

ie Rudy Fernandez : - YouTube
The dunk with Gasol’s assist was awesome.

Wait till you see next year with King James.

James White’s 3rd dunk was excellent.

very impressive, I loved it

Awesome my fav was the first one, holy hops. I think it would make Jordan go crazy.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
UtahLama wrote:

Which NBA version of the dunk contest did you see? Did you see last weeks version? I’ll give 1 or 2 of the dunks from the D-league on par with some of the NBA’s, but making the NBA version look weak?? I beg to differ.

Wait till you see next year with King James.[/quote]

Sorry bro, gotta disagree with ya.

There has not been a decent dunk contest in the NBA since 2000 wtih Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis.

These D-League guys brought it much harder.

Okay hypotheical here…Your the last guy in the last round for the title…Why not go up and shatter the backboard. Darryl Dawkins says there is a point on the rim that if you hit it’s shattering no matter what, and he broke backboards all the time.

He even coined a term for it “The Chocolate-Thunder-Flying, Robinzine-Crying, Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump-Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam, Glass-Breaker-I-Am-Jam,” and the league out lawed it. Why not put that as your last dunk it would be sick.

james white has been doing the same dunks for years…

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
james white has been doing the same dunks for years…[/quote]

Really I had never even heard of him…

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
aznt0rk wrote:
UtahLama wrote:

Wait till you see next year with King James.

Sorry bro, gotta disagree with ya.

There has not been a decent dunk contest in the NBA since 2000 wtih Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis.

These D-League guys brought it much harder. [/quote]
They brought it but you are forgetting JRich’s crazy ass dunks.

Pretty confident there’s not a dude in the NBA who can do the long-distance dunks like White can. Clark’s dunk off the backboard was better than Howard’s, (and Gerald Green when he did it a few years ago for that matter).