The Raw Diet

People are just getting wierd.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060704_bad_raw_food.html

[quote]tveddy wrote:

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060704_bad_raw_food.html [/quote]

Gay

Na,this diet is really old actually.
I don’t think 100 of your diet should be raw,but I still believe lots of raw produce,eggs,butter,cheese,and milk is the way to go.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
tveddy wrote:

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060704_bad_raw_food.html

Gay

Na,this diet is really old actually.
I don’t think 100 of your diet should be raw,but I still believe lots of raw produce,eggs,butter,cheese,and milk is the way to go.[/quote]

I think some raw foods like nuts and vegetables are healthy, but it seems like everyone always either takes it too far or not far enough.

Here’s the funny thing, I work at a store and a woman claimed we should eat everything raw.

I just said, "That’s weird though, usually when you cook stuff, you “free” it up, like indosole, in broccoli.

Her reply was this:

“Well, when you cook stuff, you actually breakdown a lot of stuff too, which isn’t good. Also, when you think about it, you eat something, your body heats it up naturally.”

Then she went on to claim, “I have a big book and I can basically give you advice like a doctor.”

I just sorta shrugged it off and then laughed about it later on. I’m hoping she knows boiling water is 212 degrees and our bodies are usually only 97 - 99 degrees, which would be extremely low to “free up” chemicals in the body and we have a slew of enzymes immediately breaking things down anyway.

This woman also claimed we’re not getting any “vitamin U” a vitamin found in a cauliflower (I think she said) and it’s destroyed as soon as we cook it. I laughed at that too.

Raw Foodism isn’t all that weird. For a very long time mankind survived on mostly raw foods, and I guarantee paleolithic cavemen were some hard Testosterone freaks.

I’m of the opinion that any dietary approach should not be applied 100% because everyone is different. But there is wisdom in raw foodism, and there are some foods that we do like to eat raw.

Also, Raw steak is awesome.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Here’s the funny thing, I work at a store and a woman claimed we should eat everything raw.

I just said, "That’s weird though, usually when you cook stuff, you “free” it up, like indosole, in broccoli.

Her reply was this:

“Well, when you cook stuff, you actually breakdown a lot of stuff too, which isn’t good. Also, when you think about it, you eat something, your body heats it up naturally.”

Then she went on to claim, “I have a big book and I can basically give you advice like a doctor.”

I just sorta shrugged it off and then laughed about it later on. I’m hoping she knows boiling water is 212 degrees and our bodies are usually only 97 - 99 degrees, which would be extremely low to “free up” chemicals in the body and we have a slew of enzymes immediately breaking things down anyway.

This woman also claimed we’re not getting any “vitamin U” a vitamin found in a cauliflower (I think she said) and it’s destroyed as soon as we cook it. I laughed at that too.[/quote]

Is that ubiquinone?

I think raw and natural foods are definately the best thing for our bodies, however, taking it too far is no good. Theres no way im chowing down a raw steak, however, I will buy some clean looking salmon from the fish shop, slice it up and eat it raw.

I think that there are potential problems on this site and other internet sites where diet is discussed a lot is that diet awareness can be taken too far. When it reaches the point that your life is totally focussed around the food you eat, then it is probably not all that ‘healthy’.

I have been there before to a degree. Sure, it is better to be a health freak than an anorexic, but i think the underlying fundamental issues regarding a psychological ‘imbalance’ are similar.

I don’t think that article gives credit where credit is due. I am in no way on a raw diet whatsoever, but I think this is, in theory, the healthiest diet you can eat.

Everything it refutes comes down to one thing: meat is required in a complete diet. I’m going to assume that raw meat is okay on the raw foods diet, but it is impractical to eat in this day and age. Why? Well, maybe since we are so used to cooking food, we’ve become more susceptible to illness with food-borne bacteria. Or maybe the bacteria have evolved. Anyway, I don’t think it would be a surprise to most people that we did , at one time, eat raw meat.

Once again, I’ve wasted 20 minutes of my time on a post that will probably just end up on the second page by the end of the day anyway. sigh

Raw foods definately have a place in optimal health and healthy bodybuilding. On the other hand, it’s not essential or optimal to go 100%. I do feel that because raw food diets and anything that starts to get in with spiritual crowds is viewed as a bit feminine and goes against the hardcore, it doesn’t get much recognition. JB always reccomends greensplus or similar products, and that is clearly adding some much needed raw food to the diet, to combat acidity. Interestingly, I read an interesting book about collodial physiology. This had nothing to do with bodybuilding, however I was interested by the quote…‘an alkaline body promotes protein synthesis’. If this is true then adding some raw plant food might help us.

[quote]conorh wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:

Her reply was this:

This woman also claimed we’re not getting any “vitamin U” a vitamin found in a cauliflower (I think she said) and it’s destroyed as soon as we cook it. I laughed at that too.

Is that ubiquinone?

[/quote]

Ubiquinone is just oxidized CoQ-10

Fuck raw meat. I eat live animals.