The Race to 600

I’m in as well. Currently doing ws4sb3 and pulled 500 about 6 weeks ago. Prob coulda gotten 525 too.

My best is 545 in the gym, and have gotten damn close with 585. I’m 9 days out so we’ll see then what I can do in a meet.

Current PR is 555 w/ only belt, hoping to pull 600 @ GPC nationals in Canada at the end of may. Following Westside principles, seen a huge increase in all my lifts over the last year.

I’m a newbie here, but I figure this is the best chance to throw in.

600 is a way off, my PR is 500 which I hit a month ago. I am making good gains and don’t foresee myself quitting anytime soon so 600 is as good a goal as any.

Yesterday my DL workout went a bit crap:

Post warmup:

415x4
435x2
455x2
475x1
405x6

Finished with some DB clean and press.

Tomorrow is only 7 weeks and I might try it. I’m back and forth since I was sick for a week. I probably should wait until the 29th to do it, but you never know.

As you get older, your dummy strength can actually increase.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Tomorrow is only 7 weeks and I might try it. I’m back and forth since I was sick for a week. I probably should wait until the 29th to do it, but you never know.

As you get older, your dummy strength can actually increase.[/quote]

Stop being a pussy and just go for it!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(btw, I started rolling my tri after your advice, worked wonders. So THANK YOU!!)

I pulled 535 at a little over 180lbs during the summer, but my training has been inconsistent as of late so my dl is a little lower right now. I just started the ed coan/philpi 10 week dl program and looking to pull around 550 by the end of it, and then maybe by the end of the year be close to 600 at around 185-195lbs.

What are the rules?

Straps? Hitching? Suites?

I pulled 495 in a suite Christmas eve but I don’t think I have got anywhere with my DL training since…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
tom63 wrote:

As you get older, your dummy strength can actually increase.

Stop being a pussy and just go for it!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(btw, I started rolling my tri after your advice, worked wonders. So THANK YOU!!)[/quote]

No problem, you’re probably right about being a pussy, but hahahaha!, I’m married so that can explain things. I really was thinking baout it for last weekend, but got sick. Then I had a weird week and have missed out on sleep. I wanted to wait until my son was here, so I’ll see. He’s here this weekend, and next.

Good to hear about your triceps!

[quote]Kalle wrote:
What are the rules?

I pulled 495 in a suite Christmas eve but I don’t think I have got anywhere with my DL training since… [/quote]

I use a suit, so i’m pulling that way. Hitches wouldn’t count IMO, but everyone has to police themselves. I’m in the no strap category also.

I’m on the road to 600 myself. I wimped on 550 yesterday during my first pull in months. We have been focusing on deadlifting but about 5 weeks out of a meet so trying to get my sumo form back. NOT easy since I have been doing. My body just needs to remember the proper form for pulling. Did a decent 500 for a double.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
What are the rules?

I pulled 495 in a suite Christmas eve but I don’t think I have got anywhere with my DL training since… [/quote]

For me it’s a deadlift that would pass in a powerlifting competition. Which means no straps, no hitching, but with a suit.

I don’t have a suit. I guess I’ll have to do it raw…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Kalle wrote:
What are the rules?

I pulled 495 in a suite Christmas eve but I don’t think I have got anywhere with my DL training since…

For me it’s a deadlift that would pass in a powerlifting competition. Which means no straps, no hitching, but with a suit.[/quote]

This was my point, I do strongman where hitching is allowed but sumo isn’t, straps are allowed a lot as well.

Doesn’t matter becuase I am along way off from 600 either way :slight_smile:

On a deadlift you should know if you hitched too much or your back is rounded at lockout. I would still say competition lift.

Tried it and didn’t make it. My ole calculations had me at 590 most likely. I was going to hit up my super coffee and go this saturday, but I thought WTF, give it a go. I moved it 3-4", but an inch or three and it would have gone. I’m strong at lockout due to those platform deads with bands, but a littl shy from the floor.

Dammit, should have tried 590!, hahahah!

I’M IN CURRENT PR 573LBS DONE 07.14.2007. WABDL MEET.“There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the DeadLift.” Jon Pall Sigmarsson. (World’s Strongest Man X’S 4). Looking to Pull 606 lbs in June 2008…

Well F*&*,
I had my contest today, shooting for 585 at 165, definitely bombed (due to a number of factors, bad loading on one squat, came in severely dehydrated, grew a vagina, etc…) got my opener at 495, shot for 560 and got it to slightly past knees but just could not lock out.

Took 560 again and barely got it off ground. Oh well, just a set back and I am still on the road to 600, it just means I have a little longer to go then I thought.

Sure, I’m in. Best in the gym currently is a 525. My first power lifting meet is Saturday, some I’m hoping to boost that number a bit.