The quest for 3x BW deadlift

I am in, I like the sound of triple bodyweight more than the 500 pound club forum I saw. I rarely max out but pulled 410 at 150 for a single no straps or belt a few weeks ago. The feel made me think I am somewhere around 430-450 if I was to max out.
So nearly there I guess, I hadnt really thought about it.

I’m in. I missed 555 on Monday. I made some pretty glaring mistakes, but I think I can get it next time. Until then, my dead is in the 540s. My bodyweight was 210 last time I meaured it.

My last meet I weighed in at 195 and pulled 733 raw after squatting and benching. That’s about 3.75 I really want that 4x Raw I am hoping to get it within the next year so I’m in :wink:

[quote]BigBen198 wrote:
My last meet I weighed in at 195 and pulled 733 raw after squatting and benching. That’s about 3.75 I really want that 4x Raw I am hoping to get it within the next year so I’m in ;)[/quote]
My man Ben making everyone look bad :slight_smile:

here is one from last weekend

Do you lighter guys drop weight to make your class or do you walk around naturally at say 132 or 144? I’m just curious if there is a weight cutting culture in powerlifting like mma. I’ve looked at alot of the national records(I’m a small guy myself) and they are impressive so I’m just wondering if these guys are really 165ers posing as 132’s or if it’s somewhat natural bodyweight.

I typically weight about 155 myself. I don’t do much to cut weight personally, I cut out salt a few days before and I don’t eat or drink anything for about 20-24 hours before the weigh-in. I also shit and piss as much as I can/need to. Once I weigh 160 or more I will start the 2 gallons a day of water thing and sweating water out, but until then I don’t need it.

[quote]S.Fisher_47 wrote:
I also shit and piss as much as I can/need to.
[/quote]
lulz

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:
Do you lighter guys drop weight to make your class or do you walk around naturally at say 132 or 144? I’m just curious if there is a weight cutting culture in powerlifting like mma. I’ve looked at alot of the national records(I’m a small guy myself) and they are impressive so I’m just wondering if these guys are really 165ers posing as 132’s or if it’s somewhat natural bodyweight.[/quote]
Depends on the federation you lift in and the rules to weigh ins. some feds have 2 hour weigh ins while others have 24. You don’t see many 2 hour guys cutting tons of weight but I’ve seen 30 lb swings at the upper classes for the 24 hour weigh ins. Personally, I walk around at about 205-206 and compete 198 because I don’t like the stress of cutting like crazy, I start a week out and lose about a lb a day then cut water 12 hours before weigh ins and it works well for me.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:
Do you lighter guys drop weight to make your class or do you walk around naturally at say 132 or 144? I’m just curious if there is a weight cutting culture in powerlifting like mma. I’ve looked at alot of the national records(I’m a small guy myself) and they are impressive so I’m just wondering if these guys are really 165ers posing as 132’s or if it’s somewhat natural bodyweight.[/quote]

When I was in the 132’s I would walk around at about 140ish but I stressed out about cutting too much even though it was only 8 pounds. Now that the IPF and USAPL are changing weight classes I plan on competing in the 145’s because it’s a very natural weight for me

I sit around 190-192 or so and drop to the 181’s.

[quote]jacob-1310 wrote:

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:
Liquid, what exercises do you do for heavy abs? I need some ideas for myself![/quote]

hey mate. I know im not liquid
but stormsthebeachs blog

there is link has some great ideas for building great core strength.[/quote]

Thanks for the shout out!

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
@FFMatt - I rarely deadlift and generally only squat and good morning. If I deadlift it’s usually just some speed pulls to keep my form. I’ve always had a decent deadlift but one of the things that took me to above 3x deadlift and more has been the addition of a bodybuilding style back day with lots of rows and upper back work and trap work as well as the addition of heavy ab work 3-4 days a week. [/quote]

I appreciate the response. I’ve just started doing a heavier GM compared to a higher rep scheme so I will just keep at it and see what changes. Thanks for the feedback.

hit 425 @ 143lbs bodyweight today. Not 3x but making progress towards the goal

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

[quote]jacob-1310 wrote:

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:
Liquid, what exercises do you do for heavy abs? I need some ideas for myself![/quote]

hey mate. I know im not liquid
but stormsthebeachs blog

there is link has some great ideas for building great core strength.[/quote]

Thanks for the shout out![/quote]

New favorite blog! I love that Meshuggah is playing in the background during the landmine side bends vid.

Bump.
Finished my first meet today with a 250kg deadlift. Weighed in at 81kg. 3.09 x bodyweight.

I’ll be going for this in my next meet. I’ve pulled 661 before at a higher bodyweight. Aiming to do it again as a 220 or 198er in march or april.

[quote]pk0ad wrote:
Came close at the last meet with 2.91xBW (BW 172, deadlift 501). Been working on bringing up abs and low back and speed off the floor since.[/quote]

Bump for 520 pull at 172. Who else got their 3x deadlift? Or 4x for you overachievers?

It wasnt me, but at my first meet - a few weeks ago, I saw a 68kg, raw, lad pull 271kg for a new Oz record. Was hell impressive. He out pulled everyone. Well besides a 117kg equipped bloke bull 360kg.