T Nation

The PWI Required Reading List

You ought to read the book to further understand the system in which you reside in. You will never look at the world with the same lens, comrade.

Recommend for Oren Hatch’s ‘The once and future worker.’

Not sure if I agree with the chap, but it is a compelling case.

https://www.amazon.com/Once-Future-Worker-Renewal-America-ebook/dp/B079617VFZ

Link.

I’ve read the book, moron.

Apparently not. But maybe your brainwashing is so thorough you can reject the evidence and truth. Come to think of it, your brainwashing is pretty complete. So maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

So… now you are going to ruin this thread?

Agree with this … this thread isn’t the place … I’ll have to appeal to USMC to put the noose around this particular squabble … I don’t have faith in Zep to end it in any thread

Fine

My wife just bought me the latest tour de force from Tim Marshall. Very well worth the read, it explains in very clear terms the geopolitics behind recent political events including many topics we have discussed here on PWI.

https://www.amazon.com/Divided-Why-Were-Living-Walls-ebook/dp/B077G2M8KV/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1543437301&sr=1-5&keywords=tim+marshall

I also highly recommend his previous works, notably:

https://www.amazon.com/Prisoners-Geography-Everything-Global-Politics-ebook/dp/B00Y16BEM2/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1543437301&sr=1-3&keywords=tim+marshall

Rereading this biographical gem given the events of recent days. George H.W. Bush was a paragon of humility and public service. Today, he was put to rest at his presidential library in College Station. Students at Texas A&M’s Bush School of Government and Public Service will help pick up this great man’s mantle. The contrast between 41 and the current occupant of the White House couldn’t be more stark.

I thoroughly enjoyed “41” by GWB. It was obviously written with rose colored glasses on and it’s light on policy, but it was well written and clearly from the heart.

220px-41_-_A_Portrait_of_My_Father

I’ve had a couple folks I really respect recommend this work in the past. Definitely will be reading this soon, especially after being moved by the sincere, simple elegance that underpinned 43’s eulogy.

I read most of the 48 Laws of Power when I was in my early twenties, in the early 2000s, I think 2002 or 2003. I liked it because it was edgy and intriguing because it does have some accurate content on the ways of psychopaths and cutthroats and wannabe cutthroats or people who want to play games with or annoy the hell out of others!

It was good reading but it doesn’t apply to me considering such laws are unwarranted in my line of work and lifestyle. I give it a rating of four out of five plates considering its context and one out of four for applicability considering considering the cutthroat nature.

Out of curiosity I bought Jordanetics by Vox Day, whose been spending what seems like half of his podcasts bashing JP over the last six months or so.

Why would you put money in that hack’s pocket?

I was intrigued by Vox’s criticism of Jordan Peterson. Plus I like over half of what Vox has to say in his content I’ve gotten so far.

His criticism is envy and trying to make money off of someone more famous. I went to Amazon to see the book and almost every review is five stars. Because they are fake reviews.

How do you know this? Did you read the book?

Also it could be that those who gave high ratings actually liked the book in the same way Peterson and others have mostly high ratings for their books.

Not all people who criticize popular people are envious, though the opposite is a common meme. There are plenty of famous and rich people I dislike or even hate and I’m not envious of them.

Isn’t he self-published? It’s common practice for that circle to give each other good reviews. I know because I know someone who self-publishes his fiction. He also got all good reviews. Five dollars is a small price to pay to give a good review to someone who will reciprocate.

But if you like Vox Day, that’s fine. I just hope the half you like is not the racist half.

Your comments about self publishing and reviews are spot on. I am published (not self) and a friend of mine has self published twice. Horses for courses.