The Pursuit of Mythical Gains

She have a log here on TN :blush:

Sorry @mortdk, no log here, lol.

Just got home from my latest weekend of Yoga Teacher Training. Friday 6-9 PM, Saturday 8AM to 6PM, then today, 4AM to 5:30PM.

I haven’t been keeping up with my daily practice, job gets in the way, so these are very long days for me. We sit on yoga mats all day. Friday night was an hour and a half of yoga followed by breaking out into groups to work on our first curriculum project, five classes under an umbrella theme. It’s all women and me, so there was one about sleep, another about the divine feminine, and then mine, The Hero’s Journey based on Joseph Campbell’s work.

Saturday was 90 minutes of yoga, a half hour break, another 90 minutes of yoga, another short break, then 2 1/2 hours of meditation. Yes, 150 minutes of sitting and chanting. Lunch, then another eleven minutes of meditation, followed by another 31 minutes of meditation, then about two hours of instruction on the chakras.

I should mention, that the meditations are different. They all include particular mudras (hand positions), mantras (chants), pranayama (breath pattern), and focus point (where you direct your eyes).

Today was Aquarian Sadhana. Sadhana means daily practice and Aquarian is a Kundalini thing based on being in the Aquarian age (since 2011). We sit for 26 minutes and recite Japji Sahib, then do an hour of kriya (postures, followed by meditation), then chant for 62 minutes. After sadhana, we took an hour break, then had a regular yoga class (warmup, a kriya with meditation). My favorite part is savasana, also known as corpse pose. We lay like a corpse for deep relaxation and often they play the gong. I can savasana better than anyone.

Short break followed by a kirtan kriya (a mediatation) for 11 minutes, and then a pranayama for 31 minutes (breath of fire).

Lunch for an hour, then instruction on the ten bodies (too long to explain), followed by another kriya (Kriya for the ten bodies) that was really difficult, then we danced for fifteen minutes.

I’m wiped.

Laughing a bit because of some of the talk about the Gillette commercial, talking about sensitive “soy boys,” and I wonder if any of those cats would like to spend a day at Yoga Teacher Training with me.

Weighed 181 @14.8% this morning. No real changes with respect to my quitting TRT. Libido is down, looking flat for sure, but feeling okay.

Wahe guru.

2 Likes

May I ask why you’re discontinuing TRT?

Of course, anything is game, it’s the interwebz.

It’s a bit of a hassle, honestly, and I kind of want to get off everything and get clear with this new yoga shit. I suspect I will shrink, get all foggy again, and go back on, but I’m just tired of shooting every five days and blood tests every twelve weeks.

And, atrophy. I’m separated a year now and am starting to date. I really don’t care about the atrophy except it gets uncomfortable when the boys go home during sex.

Probably TMI, but it’s true.

I don’t really want to go back to dragging them through the toilet when dropping a deuce when they were low hanging, but I would rather they stay put during sex.

My provider is not into using any other means, and I’m just too tired to be hunting new docs that will play the HCG Nolva game for me.

I’ve ordered HCG and Nolva in the past, but it’s expensive and a hassle. if I could find a good endo, I’d go back on in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Defy Medical: https://www.defymedical.com/

After the initial labs and then one set of labs 3 months thereafter, labs only need to be run once ever 6 months and they’re all aboard the HCG train. Plus, they’re cheaper than everyone else I looked at.

I should do some research.

My TRT is cheap AF. I see my Endo every twelve weeks for a perfunctory exam. He makes a big show of reviewing my bloodwork - it’s just total T and cholesterol (200), doesn’t even test for E2 or anything else.

I pay him a $20 co-pay for that visit. He calls in my prescription and I pay $5 for twelve weeks of Testosterone, which actually lasts me fifteen weeks or more because he prescribes more than I take (I test at 650 in a trough).

He’s one of a few that allows self injection (for me, won’t let my brother in law do it).

So, literally, my Testosterone costs me $8 a month.

Adding in HCG or Nolva means a different doctor that may, or may not, allow me to self inject. If they don’t, now my costs go up to over $80 per month, and I am cheap AF.

I’m sure that after four years of TRT I am not going to come back and will be back on the juice shortly, just going to see what happens, maybe let the boys descend again so sex doesn’t feel like getting kicked in the nuts.

I’m held captive by my cheapness, the great insurance I have, and being lazy.

2 Likes

Lmao what the hell

I know, right?

1 Like

On another note, this is my dad with the likely first pick in the MLB draft next year,

My dad is the old cat on the right, lol.

4 Likes

He looks like a guy that shouldn’t be messed with

Who, the old cat, lol.

He’s diabetic, has a defibrillator implanted in his chest, is wheezy as fuck.

The young dude could probably take me.

1 Like

He might be, but he still looks like someone you wouldn’t mess around with :slight_smile:
That’s a good picture btw.

1 Like

2-2-2019

First thing, forty minutes of yoga and meditation.

Back in the gym… at least for today, lol. OHP, BP, Rows, Leg Press, leg ext, leg curls, TPD’s and curls, all 5x3.

Then went to yoga class, ninety minutes.

Lack of progress pic - weighed 179 this morning (stomach virus)

3 Likes

I do 90 minutes of yoga too, but I call it, “scotch”. It relaxes me quite a bit. Hope you feel better, start crushing weights again!

2 Likes

Probably not until I get back on the juice, lol.

Thirty minutes of LISS today because I’m way too swole.

Not looking bad at all brother.

Thanks, greatly appreciated. Much different than 196, but also by design, so there is that. I look better at 196, but feel better at 180 - at least for now.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Man, where you feel better is important.

2 Likes

2-4-2019

Morning sadhana -day three, thirty minutes yoga.

PM - Base workout (BP, OHP, LPD’s, LP, Ext, Leg Curls, TPD’s, Bi curls, all 5x3).

Walked a mile and a half (dropped car at the shop).

It was 3 Fahrenheit last week, today it is 54 - I have two windows open and a fan blowing, lol.

3 Likes

2-8-2019

Morning sadhana, day seven, forty minutes of yoga and meditation.

Went to yoga class tonight, our fifth weekend, 6-9. eleven minute meditation, then some bullshit group work on our ten week curriculum. Back tomorrow from 8-6, then fourteen hours on Sunday, 4-6 (AM/PM)

Checked in with R, my PE friend. I saw her at work today and she said she wanted to give me a hug, was excited to see me, so she did. Called her after yoga, talked for a long time.

We’ve been hanging out a lot lately, Six hours on Saturday for early lunch and watched a movie at her place, then Tuesday for breakfast (we were off for Lunar New year, go figure).

Anyway, feels like a shift. we traded some pics that were germane to the conversation, and holy shit, she’s athletic. I should have known, she played D1 Volleyball and Softball on a ride, is a member of her HOF at her alma mater.

But, the fact she shared pics is encouraging - they were of the boudoir variety, very tasteful.

We’ve been talking and hanging out for about eight months now and have developed a friendship, I think we both feel safe.

Won’t see her again, other than at work, until after break. I have yoga all this weekend, and then I am going to Arizona the week after, but things are progressing nicely. And I that we are having fun and getting to know each other.

Very different experience for me.

3 Likes