The Pursuit of Mythical Gains

I hope you told her you wanted to see her proof as well!

Yep, that was her deal, she will proof and I need to proof.

It’s funny because I have not been having sex with the same woman for twenty years, and she’s been with other guys, I mean she’s single, so all good.

This is my sorry ass game, I told her again I liked her, that the old boyfriend shit was bugging me, and she brought up the proof thing.

Think I am making progress, lol.

3 Likes

Hmmm… the old boyfriend angle is a little, uh… awkward. Is that the word I’m looking for?

If she actually used the word “banging” that would be a deal breaker for me. But I am an asshole!

I don’t know how much it cost for a STD panel, but you can probably buy a hooker for less :joy: (Just joking)

2 Likes

Yeah, she’s 52, he’s 35, so awkward to say the least.

So not an asshole, that was my term, but, methinks it is appropriate. She’s cagey on this, side steps the discussion, but mentions proofing before sex, wtf?

This is true, and hookers don’t ask for a meal after… a friend told me.

5 Likes

At least she is considering it!

Or maybe you could just get a couple of helmets!

3 Likes

This is going to be fun new log name: the mythical dating log :slight_smile:
About the father/children thing.
As long as you’re there, as long as you’re doing something WITH the kids, then you’re good.
I can’t recall their age, but at some point parents are just something that’s there that’s given. They start their own life in school, with friends and are not dependent at us any more.
Not to say at some point they move out.
So when you’re with them talk WITH them listen to them, and ask about how’s life who’s their friends be interested, that’s all kids need. They know you love them.

4 Likes

The Mythical Friend Zone Log, lol. Whatever happened to casual sex and FWB?

Thanks for the pep talk with the kids. Dealing with some anger today, victim mode for sure. Feel like I’ve been used by most of the people I’ve dated in my life. Unfortunately I’m a slut so the list is long.

My kids are awesome and I guess that’s what I get out of the relationship with my wife, two phenomenal kids. I’m not sure why they turned out so well, I was always pretty hands off with them, protected them from a distance, let them make mistakes and learn from them. They’re both emotionally intelligent and I think that’s a product of me supporting them and letting them learn on their own, letting them fight their own battles. My wife is a bit of a helicopter, so I guess that balanced it out.

It will all work out.

3 Likes

That is very weird.

Without meaning to sound like I am insulting the lady, are you sure this is worth pursuing? That, plus the situation with her ex, kinda screams crazy person, y’know?

2 Likes

Been thinking about this my own damn self. She told me she doesn’t like condoms. I’m not sure, but this type of share feels like foreplay, yet…she’s got a dude.

She called me on my way to a retreat last summer and we talked for five hours while I was driving, have been talking ever since. She mentioned the other dude, but never made it clear she was still with him.

Not sure why she mentioned the clean bill of health, or the dislike of condoms. Doesn’t feel like friend talk. TBH, I think she wants to have sex with me, wants to use me for sex. Sure you’re familiar with this.

I’m cool wit dat.

But, either of us could be tested, come up clean, then go sleep with somebody the next day and get an STD.

She sent me this vid today.

Figured she was an eight on hot, and an eight on crazy.

Yep, friend zone.

3 Likes

She sent you that vid?

Welp, she’s crazy but at least she’s self-aware…

The relationship with her ex is a red flag, but not because she’s in a relationship but because “… she doesn’t like condoms…” so if you go bareback you’re exposed to whatever this guy is exposing her to. Seems like a lot of drama.

Don’t get sucked in by the 5 hour talks on the phone and quit thinking about the Friendzone. It’s simply victim-speak which is seems like you sometimes veer towards. It’s not a healthy way of looking at women or relationships and certainly not women you want to be in a relationship with.

On another note, if your ever looking to spend some time at an Ashram I can highly recommend the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas. It may not be the perfect choice if you’re looking for an ascetic retreat, but I enjoyed my time there very much.

2 Likes

Not sure you know this but I love your posts. Didn’t realize you followed my log, glad you do.

Yes, she sent me that vid, and two others about the female version - one was hot on one line, stupid on the other. The girl was wearing a cock on her forehead (okay, it was a horn, but it looked like a cock).

Agreed. I’ve only recently come to understand the victim mentality and recognize my role in it. But, it’s still my default.

I am planning on spending a few days at the Guru Ram Das Ashram in Espanola New Mexico this summer - it’s a 3HO Kundalini ashram. In the future, I will for sure check out the place in the Bahamas.

How long were you there?

I was there for ~ 7 days. It’s kind of like “choose your own retreat” as there are vacationers there who are really only interested in a couple Westernized yoga classes a day and sitting on the beach but there are also those who are there for an extended period of time a take a vow of silence. Some may find it too “fancy” but I enjoyed being exposed to a wide variety of people and beliefs. My next door neighbors (I stayed in a tent provided by the Ashram) were Jains. I had a great time talking to them even though I didn’t share their beliefs. There’s no alcohol, caffeine, meat, or onions at the Ashram. There is, however, a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel 1/2 of a mile down the beach or so I heard…

Morning begins with a bell calling people to meditation at 5:45 followed by Satsang later in the morning, all types of classes, then lunch, more classes, dinner, evening Satsang, and then a speaker. I saw a series of talks by Bessel van der Kolk, a Boston-based researcher of PTSD. While it’s not a topic that particularly interests me his research and stories were amazing. He works primarily with veterans but others who suffer from PTSD especially related to their family of origin have benefited greatly from his work.

I recommend this book if it at all interests you: The Science of How Our Minds and Our Bodies Converge in the Healing of Trauma – The Marginalian

Addicts will be addicts. lol. A good latte is hard to find.

I’m interested in doing a silent retreat, and there is a Kadampa Buddhist center near me that does them.

My Kundalini Teacher Training classes do an Aquarian sadhana every month, an hour of chanting mantras after listening to Japji in gurumukhi and and hour of yoga kriya.

When I went to the retreat in North Carolina at The Art of Living Center, we did the Ayurveda thing, no garlic, no onions, no meat, no gluten. After a week of that I felt great.

So much to experience, so little time.

Been cooking on this, I went to Portland Lutheran, was Concordia, and we used to play Vernonia - a two hour bus ride with a bunch of Lutheran kids equals oranges injected with vodka and pot brownies.

In 1978 I think, Vernonia had a 6’11" kid named Gaylen Weigand. My brother was a senior, 5’11" PG averaging 23 a game before the three point line.

Anyway, we lost, and the rematch was on,

Vernonia story.

No game log.

Talked to J via text tonight, asked her what she was looking for. Her response was “dinner fun conversation”

I include no punctuation because she didn’t.

Never followed up on the fun comment. She sent me a pic of her cat.

Yoga training this weekend, having dinner with her next weekend. Invited her to early dinner near me, and back to my place for a movie and she said, “Let’s keep it to dinner because I’m not sure what I am doing that day.”

Think it’s time to punt.

1 Like

I guess this will become the pursuit of mythical dating, gains, and testosterone log.

I’ve been fully off T for just over two weeks, but took a minor booster on 1/1, really off for 26 days except for the minor booster of 20 mg before my doctor appointment on 1/3.

Haven’t noticed much at all other than a lack of libido, which is probably a good thing - I am 55 and single, so being all fired up might not be a good thing. But, that really just started today.

Also, a lack of desire to lift, but I haven’t been in the gym much anyway, so doubt it’s a T thing.

Six weeks is the true demarcation so I suspect it will get worse over the next few weeks, I figure February 15th or so to be when it gets really shitty.

We’ll see.

1 Like

Think it’s time to punt.

In my humble opinion, take her cat picture, her STD panel, and punt her to the curb. The only thing I’m hearing is she’s driving you nuts while you’re feeling a bit down on yourself. Easy for me to say, but look elsewhere my friend.

1 Like

These are not related things, lol, but you are correct.

She is definitely sending me mixed messages.

Agreed. And, within is the best place to look.

Thanks for the post! Hope things are well with you, still following your log.

More weirdness,

There’s a girl in my neighborhood that I see once in a while, and she just texted me a pic of her blood test showing she is clean.

Is this now a thing?

1 Like

Apparently.