The Pursuit of Mythical Gains

Boom way to go… great job

1 Like

5-12-2018

C4W4D3 - BP
45X10, 95X5, 135X3, 185X1, 205X1, 95X10X5
DB Rows in between 5x10

Was hoping to hit a 215 PR today but the 185 went slow, and the 205 was a just barely, so I had to punt. I know it’s because of the low carb and being fasted, but still disappointing. I’m down three pounds so not an optimal time to try for a PR.

Oh well, will just have to hit it hard next cycle before trying again.

Going to continue the BBB but may alternate assistance - BP on OHP days and vice versa. Definitely going to clarify goals. If I want to get to my strength goals, I’m going to have to up my food game. If I’m going to get ready for summer, going to have to change my strength goals. Guess my summer plans will affect that also so I have to decide if I am going to travel or not. If I travel, I won’t have continual gym access. If I don’t, then it’s on for 1,2,3 before my 55th birthday in September.

Gots some thinking to do.

2 Likes

Where would you like to travel to if you do go somewhere??

For this summer, I am just thinking about heading back to the west coast for about six weeks. I am going to a retreat in North Carolina at the end of June, and am driving there. I am thinking about heading to Florida after that, then making my way west, eventually to California.

But I am trying to juggle my wants with seeing my kids. I want them to come out to Cali to see me, but my wife (estranged) doesn’t want to come - long story. So I would either have to fly from Cali to NY to fly back to Cali with them, or they would have to fly alone. Except, my fourteen year old doesn’t want to come, so my twelve year old would have to fly alone, and I’m not comfortable with that.

I would also like to have them fly to Portland to see my parents, and I think my daughter would like to do that, so they could fly alone (just the kids) to Portland, and I might fly from Cali to Portland to meet them there. I am thinking this is the best idea.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I might go to India next summer to get trained as a yoga teacher, lol, or I might do that at my own yoga studio starting in September.

I do want to road trip to Canada. It’s so close, and where my ggg grandfather is from (Quebec), and foreign to the US but right nearby, so there is that too.

So many plans, so little time and money, lol.

My daughter wants to go to Europe instead of having a sweet sixteen. We originally offered it when my wife and I were together, for her and a friend, but that seems a bit awkward now. It’s still two years away, but I should probably start saving.

So, in short, I got no clue, lol. It’s just going to be me in a car with a tent and a cooler with no particular destination.

4 Likes

Well that all sounds good!!
I really dislike travelling but I have a bucket list dream to do an African safari because I am absolutely obsessed with African wildlife. It would be the only thing that would make me unhermit myself :rofl:

4 Likes

That’ll be the day Jenn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5-14-2018

C3W4D4 - DL
HYPERSX10, DL 65X10, 135X5X5
BP 45X10, 95X10X5

Lower back is really tight so no 1RM testing for DL. Stretched, then DL, figured I throw some bench in for good measure.

4 Likes

Take this for what it’s worth to ya, but my pressing strength feels great since I’ve gained 20 lbs. :wink:

Adopt a seasonal training approach. Chase numbers from fall to February and then get your sexy on for summer.

I think the body has a better chance of maintaining strength after cutting than it does at increasing strength while rocking a 6 pack.

4 Likes

Where did the DL go?

Fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ahhhh, good times.

Me too. Oh, so me too.

3 Likes

5-15-2018

C4W1D1 - OHP
45X10, 65X5, 85X5, 100X5, 115X10 (Ties a PR)
Assistance - BP 95x10x5

Curls 25x8x4, TPD’s 50x12x4, FP’s 50x12x4, Shrugs 70x10x4 - Done in a circuit.

Disappointed I didn’t get eleven on the AMRAP but am six pounds lighter than when I hit the original PR.

Did not feel well going to the gym, almost bailed. Glad I didn’t.

4 Likes

Tieing a pr on a lighter body weight on a press is awesome Myth

1 Like

That’s indication what you’re doing is working. If you can tie a press PR at a significantly lower bodyweight you’ve definitely gotten stronger and added lean mass.

Thanks for pointing this out - I was just feeling stalled, lol. It’s the first time I have worked out in the afternoon in a while. Decided I needed to eat so came home and had a grass fed NY Strip and some asparagus.

3 Likes

This is AWESOME :wink: you do NEED steak!!

5-16-2018

C4W1D2 - SQ
BWX10, 45X5, 95X5, 135X3, 160X5, 180X5, 205X8
DL 135X5X5

I think I am getting sick. I was halfway to the gym this morning and thought about bailing, just feeling run down. You can imagine, a dude in sweats standing on the sidewalk in an industrial area at 3:45 in the morning, wtf?

3 Likes

Did you have a hoodie on too? Feel better!!