The Pursuit of Mythical Gains

Yep, that’s the one!

I may, love Hill Country. Near Austin?

5-31-2017
C11W3D3/4

Back Extensions, weighted machine
5@90, 5@130 - WU
5@170, 190, 2@210, 5@190
210 is the whole rack, just lacked leverage on that set.
3x8@170 FSL

BP Machine
3x5@110, 130,150
3x8@110 FSL

Abs
3x12 @ 50, 60, 70
3x12@50 FSL

Inc Press
4x12@100

Cybex Row 12@60, 2x12@75

Curls 4x10@25 giant set with TPD’s 4x10@40 and FP’s 4x10@40

LISS - 6 mile walk, two hours.

1 Like

6-12-2017

Not Sure What to Call This Program
C1W1D1

Leg Press - Life Fitness Machine
10@60, 5@110 WU
5@140, 170, 210
3x8@140 FSL
Single Leg Ext 4x10@40

Single Leg Curls 4x10@40

OHP - Life Fitness machine
3x5@80, 100, 90
3x8@ 70 FSL (sort of)

PD’s 4x10@60 Life Fitness

Abs 3x20@55, 65, 75

Curls 3x4@30 Giant Set with TPD’s 4x10@40 and FP’s 4x10@40

So, it’s kind of 5/3/1 in terms of the exercises, but on machines, working up to a heavy set and then dropping down for 3x8 for some volume. Back at Planet Fitness until the fall, so I figured I’d just stick to the machines and see what happens.

Not sure if I would call the break a deload, more like getting my shit together, but it seems I may have lost some fat.

I’m going to do this for the next few weeks until I get to the West Coast. I’m going to do some training with a friend LP style, so I’ll give that another run and see what happens.

All good.

4 Likes

6-13-2017

Rode the bike to work today, just over thirteen miles round trip. Six mile walk later.

Hot AF.

1 Like

6-17-2017

NSWTCTP
C1W1D2

Back and Bench
Extensions 3x6@150, 170, 190
3x8@150

BP
3x6@110, 130, 150
3x8@100
Incline 4x10@80

Abs
HLR’s 4x12

Rows 4x12@60 Hammer Strength
Hammer Curls 4x10@20

Fasted.

LISS later, 6 mile walk.

Seven sleeps and I’m gone to the West coast, pretty excited.

2 Likes

6-25-2017

Arrived Sedona yesterday, flew into Phoenix, it was 120 degrees. 104 in Sedona today but actually, pretty comfortable.

I’m battling a back issue, had some serious cramping last week and saw the chiro twice and got relief, but yesterday’s seven hours of flights exacerbated it a little.

Staying at a nice resort which actually has a squat rack, barbells, and a couple of benches, so am going to hit that shit up tomorrow. Going to try to introduce my female friend to barbell training tomorrow - I know, I know.

Sedona is so beautiful, red rocks, mesas, plenty of hiking, good times. Really enjoying myself.

Thinking about going LP with the friend, but may just give her a modified 5/3/1 A/B workout. She’s a yogi, so pretty fit already, but wants to get some muscle on her. I’ll figure it out tomorrow after a little discussion about her goals tonight. I think it’s hypertrophy, and she’s actually okay with getting jacked, so I’ll probably put her on an A/B 5/3/1 with squat and ohp on A, and back and bench on B with associated assistance lifts - leg extensions, leg curls, lat pull downs on A, back extensions, rows, on B, with curls, face pulls and tri work on both days and have her work three days per week. I think she’ll see great results quickly, she’s already pretty fit.

Good times!

2 Likes

View from the porch.

6 Likes

Arrived Spokane at one this morning, never got to the gym, feeling weak gym wise, but digging life!

5 Likes

New RV (new to me).

4 Likes

Have fun, BE CAREFUL! That things is a lot bigger than your bicycle.

1 Like

Lol, it is, and, not as nimble!

1 Like

Finally lifted, just light dumbbell work - squats, OHP, bench, pull downs, cable curls, crunches, and vacuums.

At my brother’s house, so hit his gym with adjustable dumb bells and a machine,

Do not look too bad considering no resistance training in a few weeks.
M

3 Likes

The break has done you good mate, looking very decent indeed.

Interesting trip so far. My brother clipped a friend’s car pulling out of his driveway in Spokane and it ripped off a body panel containing the tail and brake lights on the RV, so we had to Macgyver that shit.

Picked up the dolly for the toad, got a brief tutorial on how to strap it down, and made it to Boise without further incident.

Boise to Logan Utah, the straps fell off the dolly twice, went almost two hundred miles without knowing it so the towed wasn’t attached to the dolly at all except by gravity, got lucky there.

Leaving Logan, a guy cut me off and the awning bracket of his trailer ripped off my side view mirror, which is pretty important without a rear view. We had to stop in Kaysville Utah, and rig up a regular truck mirror. We also noticed our Macgyvering on the panel had come loose, so we went to a building supply store and bought some more Macgyver shit and got it all fixed up.

Drove to Lake Powell AZ and that place was awesome. However, my AC keeps tripping a circuit, so it was a little warm, like 110 degrees.

From there, rolled into Sedona without incident, AC still fucked up. Picked up my friend and her son, and drove to Coachella Valley, 114 degrees, AC still effed up. In Oceanside now, just north of San Diego, trying to figure out the AC, but it’s only 80 degrees here. Heading to Six Flags tomorrow, 113 degrees expected, so it might be a hotel for the next two days.

Anyway, good times, having fun, learning a lot, living in the moment.

3 Likes

Finally got on a scale, down 15 pounds, 170 clothed, scale must be wrong. Mirror tells me I’m soft AF, been off creatine for 15 days, haven’t lifted in a long time, so I’ve cut calories, but 170 is just wrong!

Six Flags tomorrow, cheat meals in my future!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Woohoo, trying to catch up with all of your logs and threads, but you guys are way too prolific for me. Figured I’d update where I’m at, which is back in Sedona for a week. Plan on hitting the gym tomorrow for the first time in forever, but having good luck with diet and looking lean.

This is what happened when the dude cut me off in Kaysville Utah. Totally undriveable without that big ass side view mirror, but we got it rigged up with an auto parts store mirror.

We missed a night at Lake Powell, but this was our view the day we did stay there, it was beautiful.

Rolled down to San Diego for two nights which was great, right on the beach, highs of 80 degrees, so no AC concerns. Then up to Six Flags, where it was 114 degrees, so we punted and stayed in a hotel.

Two nights in Santa Cruz where I parked the RV and stayed in a family cabin, then to Barstow for a night in a hotel and in to Sedona day before yesterday. Here’s my set up there.

Highs in the 90’s, lows in the 80’s so I’m okay for now without the AC. I have a guy coming Monday to look at it.

I’m close to the creek and it’s a dry heat, so completely tolerable without it.

Good times. Will try to catch up my reading in the next few days.

7 Likes

7-16-2015

Back into the Gym!

Took my friend The Penguin with me to a resort gym nearby. Planned on going to Snap Fitness but they were closed so we snuck into the resort I stayed at in June, pretty good setup, and really just tried to chase the pump with out getting too serious first time back in over three weeks.

All 3x10; leg press, ohp, leg extensions, lat pull downs, leg curls, bp, rows, curls, tri pushdowns, face pulls, and hlr’s.

Got a nice pump and it felt good. Post workout went for a skinny dip in the creek nearby, then went for an early dinner where I had some amazing scallops and pork belly on cheese grits. I took it easy on the grits, but sucked down two IPA’s, and shared The Penguin’s ahi salad

Went back to the RV and got some shit done - hooked up a hose splitter, added some plumber’s tape to the water line, put my shit away, and hung out.

Pretty great day, felt good to be back in the gym and to get The Penguin hooked up. She felt good about the workout and I think she’ll see some great progress. She’s a yogi and is pretty fit already, so she should do well.

Good times.

4 Likes

My classmates that are yogis always think what I do involves morphing into the Hulk, and screaming as loud as possible. Lol.

2 Likes