The Prosteroid Ban: It's Official

It is official. Better stock up.
So what does Biotest have up its sleeve to replace 4-AD and MAG-10?

Bush Inks Bill to Halt Steroid Precursors
President Bush speaks at the Canton Palace Theatre about medical liability reform Friday, Oct. 22, 2004 in Canton, Ohio.
(AP Photo/Tony Dejak)

Friday, October 22, 2004
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Friday signed legislation that would curtail sales of steroid precursors and seek to stiffen penalties for offenses involving anabolic steroids.

The legislation adds 18 substances to the list of banned anabolic steroids, including androstenedione and tetrahydrogestrinone.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the law establishes a new grant program, which will provide $15 million to teach kids about the dangers of steroids.

It directs the U.S. Sentencing Commission to review the federal sentencing guidelines and consider amending those guidelines to provide for increased penalties.

When the legislation passed the Senate earlier this month and sent to the president, Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., said the measure sends a message about these substances. “We are calling them what they really are: drugs,” Biden said.

Congress took an increased interest in the issue this year after reports of steroid use among athletes, particularly professional baseball players. A federal grand jury in San Francisco has indicted four men on charges of illegally distributing steroids, including the personal trainer of Giants slugger Barry Bonds.

Your tax dollars at work. Now on to that tobacco subsidy so we can belly up to the tobacco companies/states for the election.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Your tax dollars at work. Now on to that tobacco subsidy so we can belly up to the tobacco companies/states for the election.[/quote]

Yeah bud. Not that tobacco’s a dangerous and addictive drug or anything. Just because it was responsible for 18% of the deaths in 2000 and you have to wear a patch or go through thrapy to quit. No, it’s not a dangerous drug.

BTW there is a 90 days grace period before they start kicking down your door and confiscating your prohormones.

Also, did anyone else hear the piece a week or so back about the use of andro to treat radiation sickness? Pretty interesting stuff.

Will we see a final batch of MAG-10?

And just a thought, as much as tobacco needs to be banned if the real goal here is to ‘save lives’ – wait, andro never killed anyone – would banning tobacco be a failure like prohibition was? Would this just create more crime via the black market? Just something I’ve always thought about.

Now that I am motivated to do some shopping, what do you advise for pro-steroids? What works and is worth stocking up on (besides MAG-10)? M1t??
Thanks in advance!

Have had success with 1,4 Androstadiene-3,17- dione!!! The only thing I would recommend outside of what you list.

[quote]gojira wrote:

When the legislation passed the Senate earlier this month and sent to the president, Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., said the measure sends a message about these substances. “We are calling them what they really are: drugs,” Biden said.
[/quote]

Advil is a FUCKING “DRUG”!

I hate these people with all the passion in my soul.

[quote]White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the law establishes a new grant program, which will provide $15 million to teach kids about the dangers of steroids.
[/quote]

This is what happens when you don’t have an intervention with all your friends and friends friends to educate them on roids. Kids have to stand more of bush.

At least they have priorities right, homeless people or those in the ghetto don’t need extra money anyway, we gotta stop these raging steroid-laden monkeys. (The sarcasm is so thick it’s almost as dense as lead!)

This ammended law is so far beyond stupid that I don’t think they can even see the roadsign for it anymore.

The real problem is, the government has these anti-steroid campaigns filled with lies and double-talk. Everyone I know things steroids are “evil” but don’t know why. In fact, they don’t really know anything about them at all, but they seem to think they do. They think our politicians are doing a good job because they are out banning things.

All this will do is drive more people to use illegal substances instead of perfectly legal (and in some cases safer) supplements like MAG-10.

can anybody tell me why so much heat on steroids and the like?

I noticed that only one of the compounds in MAG-10, 1 androstene-3-one-17-ethylcarbonate, is specifically called out in the bill. Is there some other language in there that I missed that acts as a blanket statement covering all prohormones? Is it possible to see a different MAG-10 formula that is not affected by this new law?

Just a thought.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
can anybody tell me why so much heat on steroids and the like?[/quote]

Because life sucks.

and Ignorance is Strength.

This is just plain fucking horse shit…

I proudly admit I am a Militant Democrat and will also state that Sen.Biden is not only circumventing democracy in all it stands for, but is also a fool in his own right. I as a liberal cannot support Sen.Biden or his unjust issues he brings to the senate floor. I will further persue the issue by haunting his office with my letters. I think we can ALL AGREE that we want to keep our products like MAG-10 and THG and no-one has been killed from these products using reccomended usage.

Why cant these wanna be american heros mind their own business and address the more serious drug issues like TOBACCO and illegal drugs like heroine.

I will do all I can to fight this bill. Im writing five letters tommorow. I urge you to write one too.

I’d say that guys like Rick Reilly of Sports Illustrated, Skip Bayless, Jay Mariotti of ESPN, and any of the self appointed ‘guardians of sports integrity’ on ESPN’s Sports Reporters program are in some part responsible. Over the last couple of years these screeching assholes have wailed to the heavens about the sanctity of baseball being destroyed by steroid use. Baseball managed to survive segregated leagues, union strikes, recreational drug scandals, and the dominance of the NFL. But according to these ill informed jackoffs baseball’s final nail would be driven into it’s coffin because because men with 18" arms were hitting 50-60 homers a year. “Kids are going to begin ingesting these poisons to emulate their sports idols,” they cried. “The public needs the benefit of our collective wisdom.” Most of these clowns have never touched a barbell, followed a structured workout program, or counted protein grams in a day. But somehow because Sammy Sosa, Jason Giambi, Mark McGuire, and Barry Bonds are bigger than they were in their rookie years, they must all be juicing! We all (T-Nation readers)know what’s possible with hard work and discipline, but these professional scribes haven’t got a clue. President Bush and the career politicians in the House and Senate found a political / social issue to capitalize on. Now some dim bulbs can feel better because the government is protecting the public (i.e., the children) from steroids and prohormones. And if the above mentioned playes used steroids, so what. That’s their personal choice and they bear the responsibilities of that choice. I don’t believe they were at the time violating any league policy. It’s pretty distressing actually when you think about many of our elected officials and the stands they take. They pander to the squeaky wheels of our society, who are usually the weak willed and ignorant (by choice) among us. Just my two cents. If nothing else this rant gave me the motivation to go out to the garage and move some weights around.

Does this apply to just prohormones, or are are their steriods on the banned list?