The Proper Foods to Eat and Why

Found this, they call it an AB diet. It is in fact a list of the foods we need to eat and why we need them. Just take the slide show and read the captions.

http://health.msn.com/fitness/abs/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100215758&imageindex=13

This is the first time I have seen such a complete list of what to eat. I think they covered eating clean rather well.

Interesting.

I say though, my choice of steak is usually rib-eye as I’ve always found my cuts to be the leanest.

Check out their bullseye on the site www.absdiet.com , having Pizza on the list of foods you should eat often made me just laugh.

“Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)”

let me guess, low-fat because it will give me high cholesterol and screw up my heart and arteries right ?

should i eat more of TEH WHOLE GRAINZ instead ?

this diet is absolute fail like every other damn thing on “fitness” sites these days

“dairy fights against osteroperosis”, that’s the funny part because it doesn’t

“oatmeal” because of “complex carbohydrates”, if that’s your main reason just eat some damn legumes instead

let me guess this diet also demonizes saturated fat even though it’s needed for hormone production like…testosterone

anyone notice how many of the protein or fat rich foods were accompanied by some grain product in the pictures ? is that trying to tell us something ?

ah yes and an entire category for lovely WHOLE GRAINZ, honestly if someone wanted advice from me for FAT reduction (not just “weight loss”) the first thing i would advise is to remove all grains from the diet as they are calorically dense in carbs and many people have allergies/sensitivities to grains without even realizing it

whole grains prevent you from storing fat ? then where the hell do all the digestable carbs from them go ? out my ass and down the toilet ?

this diet belongs in the 1970’s, worthless

I mean, it’s a nice idea to have a list like that, although obviously their choices are suspect. I’m a fan of TC’s list of 13 “Power Foods”.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
“Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)”

let me guess, low-fat because it will give me high cholesterol and screw up my heart and arteries right ?

Not all fats are good for you. Stick to the ones that are.

should i eat more of TEH WHOLE GRAINZ instead ?

Wholes grains are great and for people with high Metabolisms need this form of energy.

this diet is absolute fail like every other damn thing on fitness sites these days

This is a “fitness site”. Yopu are aware of that.

“dairy fights against osteroperosis”, that’s the funny part because it doesn’t

That is debateble.

“oatmeal” because of “complex carbohydrates”, if that’s your main reason just eat some damn legumes instead

You know way less than you think you do!

let me guess this diet also demonizes saturated fat even though it’s needed for hormone production like…testosterone

I didn’t read that on the site.

anyone notice how many of the protein or fat rich foods were accompanied by some grain product in the pictures ? is that trying to tell us something ?

Exactly what site were you on. Not the one I linked you to. Unless you are counting the fact that peanut butter has on a cracker and the egg was accompanied with toast. I think you need to take your head out of your ass.

ah yes and an entire category for lovely WHOLE GRAINZ, honestly if someone wanted advice from me for FAT reduction (not just “weight loss”) the first thing i would advise is to remove all grains from the diet as they are calorically dense in carbs and many people have allergies/sensitivities to grains without even realizing it

Again you don’t know shit.

whole grains prevent you from storing fat ? then where the hell do all the digestable carbs from them go ? out my ass and down the toilet ?

Wow you figured something out. Yes, shit out the excess. One reason for eating a high fiber diet. Is to prevent foods from staying in the digestive track and being converted to fat. The body will absorb what it needs.

this diet belongs in the 1970’s, worthless[/quote]

Get a life. Every eating plan is not for everyone.

so i can eat as many calories i want with whatever macro breakdown i want as long as i have enough fiber right ?

hell yes i’ll go make myself 10 cups of oats right now

I read the ABS Diet book a few years ago (bought it in an airport) before I found T-Nation. It’s actually a good read for someone who doesn’t have a good understanding of basic nnutrition.

I also have the recipe book which has some good stuff in it.

It may not be “hardcore”, but your average overweight person could do a lot worse than to follow the ABS Diet.

[quote]streamline wrote:

Get a life. Every eating plan is not for everyone.[/quote]

The thing that troubles me is that you’re so misinformed and yet have over a thousand posts. You should consider spending less time talking and more time reading.