The Problem With the Problem of Evil

That fine Chris, but I have tried very hard to “clean up my act” and have tried also to help others on other threads as you know. To continually be reminded of my “froyal uck up” as you call it by these two posters doesn’t help this board one bit and I think you know that.

And if you think what I did was tantamount to what OJ did then I respectfully disagree. My gosh how many times do I have to be reminded by these two clowns? I WAS WRONG AND I AM SORRY!! As I said months ago.

As for the two in question breaking rules they do it regularly with name calling and taking threads off course.

If you think that their contribution to T Nation is so much greater than mine then I guess they can do what they want. But as of today I am done taking cheap shots from those two clowns. It isn’t right nor is it fair.

Enough is enough.

You brought it up to begin with.

So…once again you take a thread off course to take a shot at me.

So in an attempt to save this thread from quickly becoming a dumpster fire, Zeb, what makes you think that this generation is mostly godless? Is it due to behaviors? Is it due to criticism of churches or religions on the part of this generation? Is it folks more personal approach to their relationship with their god?

Ha, you said “Hillary did not promise to raise your taxes” Then the debate ensued.

My gosh you will just never admit when you are wrong.

Good question Despade and glad to answer.

I base it on one important statistic that is Church attendance is down and it is down dramatically with this generation.

I never said such a thing. Read the thread - I said you claimed your taxes would have gone up had Hillary been elected (not the promise of taxes raised, but taxes actually beaing raised), which you did, and I countered that, no, that wouldn’t be the case because of basic civics.

I’d appreciate if you’d stop continually misrepresenting what I say. It’s a pattern. Thanks in advance.

I will not take it up here. Let’s go back to the thread where we had the tax debate and I will point out exactly where you were wrong and where you are currently wrong.

Thank you

No one took a shot at you. I described what happened - in factual terms - and AG noted a certain coincidence in verbiage that made him question whether the multiple account ruse was occurring again. Completely fair points.

Merely going back over what happened isn’t taking a shot at you. I mean, I get why you’re so aggressively trying to pretend it is - you want the subject to be completely off-limits, so you decry “personal attacks!” at the barest mention of what happened. It’s a classic Zeb tactic.

But, no one attacked you in this thread. Don’t like the topic? Skip it next time, is my advice, if it bothers you that much.

1 Like

Well, I have to disagree. Constantly bringing up the fact that I broke T Nation rules is an obvious attack on me and you do it regularly…not just when you are losing a debate.

Now, let’s get back on track regarding this thread.

First you’ll have to log out of your “zeb” account and log back in as “Tiribulus.”

1 Like

…another Zeb tactic we’ve seen: in an attempt to dismiss the severity of your stunt and equivocate it to things others have done, you constantly characterize it as simply “breaking T-Nation rules”, like you just used the wrong sized font or something.

If you want to discuss this further open a thread attacking me personally.

I won’t take this thread further off course…as you apparently seem to want to.

Dammit…I just knew you were going to bring that up! Hahaha. I was definitely wrong then… but you’re still invited to the whiskey drinking grilling throwdown next Memorial day. :grinning:

3 Likes

A couple things…

1. That’s certainly not the primary reason you appear so eye rollingly weird
  2. I can’t imagine crafting a statement that would be more effective at completely turning off anyone from reading another word of your “cut and paste” instructions of salvation.
4 Likes

This I never understand. If you’re heart is open and you truly desire to persuade someone to change their views in a way that will benefit them, why, oh, why take the least persuasive and most off-putting approach?

3 Likes

Some of it might be just an inability to read the situation and meet people where they are. I mean, although it tends to be more obvious in religious discussions this same inability is absolutely rampant in political discussions in life and online (e.g.–every PWI thread ever), and sport or strength coaching (most people know that one coach who never alters his approach even when an athlete is not responding to his instructions because there is clearly a disconnect), and medicine (shitty bedside manner), and business (boss with zero people skills), and everywhere else.

There’s obviously a difference between telling some hard/uncomfortable truths in a conversation–which happens daily in all life areas–and this kind of miscommunication.

4 Likes

Seems like this kind of miscommunication usually stems from the viewpoint that if someone doesn’t agree with you, it’s because “they just don’t get it” or they “need to have faith.”

Unfortunately for religion, this type of miscommunication is probably the biggest reason that Atheism/Agnostics/Non Religious people are at a humanity all time high.

Well, I think people who believe others “just don’t get it” are pretty widespread in all walks of life and jobs. All the areas I listed above are examples of this same issue. Heck look at who runs the White House–he’s an exemplar of this whole thing (not to mention myriad other problems, but I digress).

There have also always been people who tell others “you just have to have faith”. Some people struggle less or more in that area (and not just religion), so some earnestly believe it to be true. Just as there have been men of reason and faith through most of the ages including this modern time (Thomas Aquinas, etc)

I’d agree it’s off-putting 100%

1 Like

Right. My point was that the line of thinking of someone that “just don’t get it” tends to be very very powerful at pushing people away from your viewpoint. Regardless of what aspect of life that falls into, it’s damaging to the cause.

Also agreed. My main issue is that if you want to convince someone of your viewpoint, it’s usually best to speak to them on their level / using logic they agree with. Defaulting to these generic positions like having faith and not getting it just pushes more people into my bucket and out of the religion category.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like