T Nation

The Pro-Makers training log!

JOE D!!!

Great info so far. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for dedicating so much of your time to helping others.

Now onto my question/request:
Can you post your personal workouts from this past week? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see how the Pro-Maker trains himself!

Thanks.
Steel

This wasn’t a normal week of training for me but I’ll post what I did this week.

I couldn’t lift on Wednesday because I was in charge of testing and evaluation for a major high school football combine in which 210 of the top players in the tri-state area competed.

This was also my first week back of doing legs after re-herniating a disk about 9 weeks ago.

Alright, give me a second and I’ll post my 3 workouts this week.

MONDAY - ME UPPER BODY

A. Weight-releaser bench press - warmed up to 5 sets of 1. Performed a 485lb. eccentric and 385lb. concentric for 5 sets.

B. 45-degree incline dumbell bench -
set 1 - 105’s X 10
set 2 - 120’s X 8
set 3 - 125’s X 8

C. Seated low rows, mid-neutral grip
160 X 10, 170 X 10, 180 X 10, 190 X 10

D1. Iso-hold dumbell shrugs (hold 1st rep for 10 sec) - 3 X 10 using 125lb. dumbells

D2. Seated dumbell “power cleans” - 3 X 10 using 30lb. dumbells

TUESDAY - Met with my chiropractor and had treatment done on my low-back
Soft tissue work included ART, TRIGENICS and PNF stretching

THURSDAY - Went to chiropractor again for soft tissue work and laser treatment therapy. Then went back to the gym to train…

Warm-up: Foam roller, 5-minute dynamic warm-up
Workout:
A. Safety squat bar box squats (1 inch above parallel) - 3 sets of 15 with just the bar
B. Bodyweight single leg squats - 2 sets of 10 each leg
C. Bodyweight reverse hypers - 3 sets of 15
D. Ab circuit
(*My back is SLOWLY getting better but I can tell I still have a LONG way to go. It sucks!)

FRIDAY - DE UPPER BODY
A. Ballstic bench with mini bands - warmed up to 8 sets of 3 reps with 185lbs. of bar weight

B. 3-board press - 4 sets of 5,3,3,3
set1 - 315 X 5
set2 - 365 X 3
set3 - 405 X 3
set4 - 435 X 3

C. Iso-hold lat pulldowns(underhand grip)Hold first rep for 10sec
160 X 10 reps for all four sets

D. Standing alternate hammer curls - 50’s X 6, 55’s X 6, 60’s X 6

E. Cable external rotation, arm at side - 3 sets of 15 reps with 20lbs.

Just got home and saw that you responded to my post. Thanks!
Wow, you’re one strong dude, coach D!
It’s great to see coaches who practice what they preach. Good luck with your back rehab. I’m sure you’ll be as good as new in no time!
Steel