The Pro Fat Movement

[quote]CaliKing wrote:
I think there are very strong forces at work behind the obesity epidemic in this country. All of the agriculture industries that grow corn, soybeans and wheat demand that their fillers be both subsidized and used in almost every product. There is corn in everyting, same with soy and wheat. There needs to be a major restructuring of our food system to shun the bad junk food that is so prevalent in our society.

All of this is why I hate our government and I hate gigantic food conglomerates that pump out hyper-processed crap, making people sick and fat. They want us to become helpless, so we become reliant upon them. Just look at the African American population in New Orleans, for years they relied upon the Democratic party to “help” them with their problems. All of that “help” actually made them worse off. The government can’t save you, they actually will destroy you in the end.

Americans have had it too easy for too long, we don’t have threats to our safety and our economy shelters us from major problems. We have become fat, weak and stupid, ripe for the plucking. There is a large section of our society that will no longer fight for freedom, there are vast populations of people that can’t fight for their freedom, being they are too stupid or too fat and weak. That is why I love T-Nation, the ideals are based upon freedom and self-dependance, not eating from the trough of government and corporate propoganda.[/quote]

You’re a little bit off-base. There’s not some mass conspiracy. They just want to make money and don’t particularly care about the social costs. Just like the cigarette companies. They just want to make money. They really don’t want to kill their customers. It’s just a by-product.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

You’re a little bit off-base. There’s not some mass conspiracy. They just want to make money and don’t particularly care about the social costs. Just like the cigarette companies. They just want to make money. They really don’t want to kill their customers. It’s just a by-product.
[/quote]

I don’t think I am that far off, I didn’t really say that there is a conspiracy, rather I feel there is alot of collusion on the part of food manufacturers and the goverment. States want cheap food to shove into the mouths of the masses. So they make deals with huge food manufacturers to provide cheap, filling garbage. My dad told me that they used to have meat and vegetables, fruit and potatoes/rice for lunch when he was a kid. They don’t do that anymore, marketing has successfuly changed peoples tastes, so all they want is pizza, corndogs and cheap hamburgers. People have been brainwashes into thinking you can feed your children that shit and there aren’t going to be consequences for putting such unnatural food in the body. Sorry Americans are so unhealthy because of the food that they eat and the lifestyles they live. No wonder we spend so much on health care and still have an amazingly unhealthy populace.

The same thing that took place between the governments of 47 states and the tobacco industry. This is something that very few people know anything about. The tobacco companies made huge backroom deals with 47 of the states of the Union, saying that the states would still allow them to sell their cigarettes, if they provided billions of dollars in payoffs to the states. So, I believe that constitutes extortion , but it is all good an legal because the government can’t be sued and they can do whatever they want, including breaking their own laws.

[quote]CaliKing wrote:
I think there are very strong forces at work behind the obesity epidemic in this country. All of the agriculture industries that grow corn, soybeans and wheat demand that their fillers be both subsidized and used in almost every product. There is corn in everyting, same with soy and wheat. There needs to be a major restructuring of our food system to shun the bad junk food that is so prevalent in our society.

All of this is why I hate our government and I hate gigantic food conglomerates that pump out hyper-processed crap, making people sick and fat. They want us to become helpless, so we become reliant upon them. Just look at the African American population in New Orleans, for years they relied upon the Democratic party to “help” them with their problems. All of that “help” actually made them worse off. The government can’t save you, they actually will destroy you in the end.

Americans have had it too easy for too long, we don’t have threats to our safety and our economy shelters us from major problems. We have become fat, weak and stupid, ripe for the plucking. There is a large section of our society that will no longer fight for freedom, there are vast populations of people that can’t fight for their freedom, being they are too stupid or too fat and weak. That is why I love T-Nation, the ideals are based upon freedom and self-dependance, not eating from the trough of government and corporate propoganda.[/quote]

I think you are 100% right about the cause, but I disagree about the motivation.

I think the motivation is just greed.

A little off-topic, but has good ideas in it: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41236

America’s Obese: A Food Source For America’s Even More Obese?

October 5, 2005 | Issue 41?40

WASHINGTON, DC?America’s morbidly obese are hungry. For years, the processed-food industry has desperately tried to placate them with empty-calorie foodstuffs with a satisfying texture, but their appetites have proven insatiable. A new report released Monday by the National Health Council, however, suggests that the answer to morbidly obese Americans’ problems could be standing right behind them in the buffet line.
America’s Obese: A Food Source For America’s Even More Obese?

Dr. Harmon Kressler, one of the report’s authors, said that the nation’s “Category 1 obese”?persons with 25-40 percent body fat?are an excellent source of the trans fats and lipids that even fatter Americans require to sustain themselves.

“‘Regular-obese’ people are loaded with the triglycerides, butyric acids, glucose, and rich buttery lard that the ‘mega-obese’ would otherwise have to derive from two or three food groups,” Kressler said.

According to Andrew Weinstein, the study’s lead researcher, this development could offer the solution to the obesity epidemic in America.

“Obesity is a problem that we thought could only be remedied by diet, exercise, or more realistically, expensive gastrointestinal surgery,” Weinstein said. “But this method would not only provide the mega-obese with a seemingly never-ending supply of sustenance, it would also slash obesity rates in this nation by more than half.”

Although some experts worry that the mega-obese will be reluctant to consume other obese humans, Kressler said palatability will not be a problem.

“Through incessant eating, most of the mega-obese have worn down the sensitivity of their taste buds, and respond only to the most intensely salty, oily, or sweet foodstuffs,” Kressler said. “The dense, high-viscosity oil that oozes out of the pores?or ‘flavor crannies’?of deep-fried obese flesh is sure to stimulate the voracious appetites of the mega-obese.”

Despite the millions of regular-obese people and the thousands more that join their ranks every day, Kressler conceded that “once the mega-obese polish off the regular-obese, they may start feeding on the slightly overweight, a sector that comprises all but 0.1 percent of American adults.”

Excellent post, skor. I have said again and again whenever we have a thread like this one that fat people taste like chicken. I have a BUNCH of A1 sauce at my house, and a very large grill.

That’s right, eat another box of twinkies, you waddling, farting, whining protein source…

And it’s not like they can outrun or outfight me. I’ll just get a couple of my gym buddies, a couple of spears, and we’ll bring 'em down like a wooly mammoth.

YYYUMMMYYY!!

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Excellent post, skor. I have said again and again whenever we have a thread like this one that fat people taste like chicken. I have a BUNCH of A1 sauce at my house, and a very large grill.

That’s right, eat another box of twinkies, you waddling, farting, whining protein source…

And it’s not like they can outrun or outfight me. I’ll just get a couple of my gym buddies, a couple of spears, and we’ll bring 'em down like a wooly mammoth.

YYYUMMMYYY!![/quote]

Just don’t get to close, cause they’ll gore and kick after the first spear…

And Orion, I would help anyone who asked me. I mean, I don’t know all that much, but I could point them in the right direction, and I would do the best I could. I really dig it when people take control of their own lives, and refuse to keep living a life that they are unhappy with.

However, its the fact that its gone up so much in the last 20 years that amazes me. When the life of the average American wasn’t a sedentary cubicle existence, obesity wasn’t a problem. Look at the level of obesity among the Amish. It certainly doesn’t mirror the nation.

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
mindeffer01 wrote:
I want to stuff my emotions and sneak eat a box of Ho-Hos.

Here ya go, on the house.

I wouldn’t want to appear sizist.[/quote]

Thanks! I was just craving a midnight snack and about to whip up some crisco and sugar. At a whopping 165 though, I may never achieve lipogenic superiority.

You guys can say that the mega-obese can eat high-fat individuals all you want,

but I on the other hand, prefer to stick with Massive Eating guidelines.

If I have to eat another human being, I’ll go for the free grazing lean meat, like that Powerful Image chick above.

Can’t you just taste that fatty acid profile!
Alex

About the food industry part of the topic: Let’s go shop at our local Farmer’s markets for groceries!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

What we need is an ad campaign equal to or greater than that of the fast food industry. Education, education, education, that’s what it all boils down to. If I can go into the schools and teach about fire safety, Then why couldn’t someone (more impressive than myself) go in and do the same w/r/t nutrition and exersize. I don’t mean the corny old Mr. Goodbody crap, I mean shit that kids today could relate to. Show kids of all ages that it’s not okay to eat crap.
[/quote]
There is currently an attempt in the UK to do this (although quite feeble) http://uk.news.yahoo.com/07112005/325/ads-try-shock-kids-junk-food.html

It is quite amazing that it took a celebrity chef to raise awareness of the poor diet kids have in schools.

Sorry if this is off on a tangent, but isn’t it ironic that the peson cited critisizing the food industry has a surname like Nestle.

You just can’t make this shit up.

if all TV sets had to be human powered, then that would help

no thinking again they’d probably just listen to the radio instead

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:

YYYUMMMYYY!![/quote]

I read something a while ago that brought up a good point about cannibalism/how people would taste–

Y’think something that’s been grazing on Twinkies, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, and marlboros is gonna taste very good?

Now a native…I’ll CHOMP on a native.