The Predator Program

[quote]PureNsanity wrote:
I’ve come up with what I have dubbed The Predator Program. I’ll be starting the program soon and wanted to get some feedback on what people thought.

Here’s the quick version… It’s all all meat diet based on gorging one day then fasting two and workouts that consist of 3 sets of balls-to-the-wall breathing sets.

I dabbled with the program on test run for two weeks with great results.

[/quote]

Why did you stop if the test phase yielded such great results? Did your bowels yield first?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
Stu doesn’t quote the experts, he IS the expert. That’s what you aren’t getting. It’s all about the legwork. If you had a PhD after your name you wouldn’t be catching half of the slack you are (maybe).
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that an expert never learns from, or quotes anyone other experts? That’s pretty ridiculous…[/quote]
Yes but you are not an expert[/quote]

Stu doesn’t quote the experts, he IS the expert.

No I’m not, and Stu is, but that doesn’t mean Stu doesn’t learn from or quote other experts. To suggest so is ridiculous…
[/quote]

We covered credibility like 12 pages ago…[/quote]
[b]JUST BUY HIS FUCKING E-BOOK GODDAMNIT IT USES SCIENCE[b][/quote]
[/quote]
LMFAO

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Curious PureNsanity… Since you make the claims of Superior knowledge and unless I misunderstand wanting to write a E Book? What is your education in regards to exercise and general fitness? Do you have a degree in nutrition ? In Biology ? exercise science? general physical education? Medical ?

How many years experience do you have under the bar and or general fitness? Are we talking 6 months a year or two or a decade plus. Do you have any experience actually designing exercise or nutritional programs for people and what are there results?[/quote]

I’d bet good money you won’t get a proper answer to this

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Curious PureNsanity… Since you make the claims of Superior knowledge and unless I misunderstand wanting to write a E Book? What is your education in regards to exercise and general fitness? Do you have a degree in nutrition ? In Biology ? exercise science? general physical education? Medical ?

How many years experience do you have under the bar and or general fitness? Are we talking 6 months a year or two or a decade plus. Do you have any experience actually designing exercise or nutritional programs for people and what are there results?[/quote]

I’d bet good money you won’t get a proper answer to this[/quote]

You’ll win that bet.

Speaking of money, go visit his YouTube page and he’s trying to con people in the name of research.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/408554233/the-health-satori-project

Surprise surprise, as of today, ZERO backers and ZERO dollars given.

Bottom of the page has this line: “The body needs to be treated with importance and listened to in order to achieve the best possible mental and physical health.”

Yeah…so…just where is this “best possible mental and physical health”?

If only the internet has a flush button for turd like him.

[quote]roybot wrote:

Why did you stop if the test phase yielded such great results? Did your bowels yield first?[/quote]

Interesting. I reread the OP and thought exactly the same.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

I’d bet good money you won’t get a proper answer to this[/quote]

I did find this…

@RATTLEHEAD

I’m a health and nutrition experimenter, author, and expert dieter - I can do any diet for any length of time. In my initial experiments I went 6 months in a row without any salt, sugar, or seasonings without a single cheat.

I can’t tell you why you should listen to me, but here’s why I’m talking about it… I’m not satisfied with most health studies. Our current paradigms have produced nothing but inconclusive conflicting results. I’m looking for theories that can be backed up with experimental, observational, and clinical results that don’t have exceptions or holes. If you want to investigate theories on why health sciences are the way they are or just enjoy researching it then I think it’s real interesting material.[/quote]
Translation: hack

self proclaim expert no degree to mention. With no track record other than himself.

Okay so, I read some more of your stuff and watched a few of your videos, still try wrapping my head around what’s going on.

First off, two years ago (when you were 165 in this pic, at the start of your egg diet), you actually were in a decent starting place, physique-wise. But I feel like if you spent even a year or two figuring out your training and nutrition with some “old fashioned” time-tested methods, you’d be in a much better place currently and would’ve had a better starting point to experiment with. Also, your biceps are seriously pretty good.

Secondly, like some other guys have mentioned, I find myself pretty much alternating between a half-invested curiosity to see if you can make something out of whatever this thing has become to being simply flabbergasted with your stance on so many things, from the basics of training and nutrition to your frequent oversimplification and/or denial of certain accepted practices and physiological processes.

When I read that you found T-Nation in 2005 but you still plinked around for so long with crap training and eating, my brain exploded. After reading more about your training and diet history, I’m getting a better picture of why you seem to be doing what you’re doing.

The fact is that some of the principles you’ve played with (like super-high egg intake and raw meat, not the gorge-and-fast or “training like it’s the hunt”) were used successfully by well-respected bodybuilders 40+ years ago. Basically, “broscience” has already looked at, experimented with, and proven effective some of the things you were trying to investigate.

I still believe you have zero place doling out fitness/nutrition/health advice to anyone for anything, and your experiment has clearly become more of a freakshow-look-what-he-can-tolerate rather than seen as a “legit” scientific exploration into previously-unexamined depths of human physiology, but it is what it is.

I’ll admit I do like Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I forget who mentioned it, but the landscape of TV/Youtube entertainment shows us that, yes, you could probably parlay your talent for enduring difficult diets into some kind of programming, and you’d probably have some people tune in, until they realize that you’re talking about diets and have an okay-at-best physique. But, I know, I know, “health markers and vitality, not fat loss”… because that’s certainly what the public is interested in.

I think CC captured most of the gripes everyone’s had, but he did miss one important thing.

You are trying to make money by giving people shitty advice. Whether you realize it or not, you are preying on people’s desire for good health by selling them the promise of results that you are completely unequipped to deliver. Regardless of your intent, taking people’s money and then diverting their attention and efforts to your book and, by extension, away from better information is harmful.

The only reason you are not in the same ethical rat hole occupied by modern snake oil salesmen and televangelist faith healers is that you have not been successful enough to dupe very many people into giving you money.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
I think CC captured most of the gripes everyone’s had, but he did miss one important thing.

You are trying to make money by giving people shitty advice. Whether you realize it or not, you are preying on people’s desire for good health by selling them the promise of results that you are completely unequipped to deliver. Regardless of your intent, taking people’s money and then diverting their attention and efforts to your book and, by extension, away from better information is harmful.

The only reason you are not in the same ethical rat hole occupied by modern snake oil salesmen and televangelist faith healers is that you have not been successful enough to dupe very many people into giving you money.[/quote]

Ethical rat holes have nothing to do with success. You are either ethical or you are not; this is not dependent upon external response.

1 Like

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

The only reason you are not in the same ethical rat hole occupied by modern snake oil salesmen and televangelist faith healers is that you have not been successful enough to dupe very many people into giving you money.[/quote]

Ethical rat holes have nothing to do with success. You are either ethical or you are not; this is not dependent upon external response.
[/quote]

Good point. Into the rat hole with him.

Science

Update. Still no backers or donations given to this con job

www.kickstarter.com/…-satori-project

O backers and 0 $$$ given.

I’m shocked people aren’t donating to this project. For just a mere $60 pledge, you get “A one hour Q&A discussion about the book, experiments, or related health research in addition to the $20 reward.”

Hey PureNsanity, keep your phone line open. Gotta be ready when the Nobel committee calls.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Okay so, I read some more of your stuff and watched a few of your videos, still try wrapping my head around what’s going on.

First off, two years ago (when you were 165 in this pic, at the start of your egg diet), you actually were in a decent starting place, physique-wise.[/quote]

I was 150 lbs, 10.5% body fat, at the start of the egg phase.

Also, your biceps are seriously pretty good.[/quote]

Thanks, still got them too.

The fact is that some of the principles you’ve played with (like super-high egg intake and raw meat, not the gorge-and-fast or “training like it’s the hunt”) were used successfully by well-respected bodybuilders 40+ years ago. Basically, “broscience” has already looked at, experimented with, and proven effective some of the things you were trying to investigate.

I still believe you have zero place doling out fitness/nutrition/health advice to anyone for anything, and your experiment has clearly become more of a freakshow-look-what-he-can-tolerate rather than seen as a “legit” scientific exploration into previously-unexamined depths of human physiology, but it is what it is.[/quote]

Noted. Really this particular workout routine is based on EDT principles, but I believe I hear what you’re saying… There are many proven routines based on similar principles as I’m using, why not pick one of those? It’s a good point and I do intend to incorporate more proven routines in the near future. I will probably stick to messing with the diets though…

Again, most my experimentation is about health issues and bio markers such as cholesterol, BMR, and glucose. I can provide some solid advice on how these are impacted and how to manipulate them. The extreme diets help me isolate variables and exacerbate effects. You also need something relative to base individual response off of like bench marking the GI of foods against pure glucose.

But, I know, I know, “health markers and vitality, not fat loss”… because that’s certainly what the public is interested in.[/quote]

There’s of course multiple groups of health/fitness interests and one of them is people more concerned about blood work than getting a six pack. Plenty of people who don’t care about blood work and just want a six pack too.

Day 47 Update

Had a crazy week as I was packing and moving for several hours every day. My moving day for the furniture and appliances was on a workout day and non-eating day. After moving, working out, moving, and working out again I was pretty flippin exhausted. First time I really felt a serious drain with this eating pattern but the most I’ve done physically between eating…

Weighed in at 155 lbs. Squat max at full depth was a mere 255 - I’ll post the videos soon. Deadlift is feeling better with the stance narrowed. I dropped the weight down to 155 lbs to work on the form and hit around 43 reps in the breathing set pretty quick. I’m going to max them out one more time with the corrections in form.

Tried to take some better pics a few days ago too. Here they are:

[photo]40151[/photo]

[photo]40152[/photo]

At this point I’ve decided to start playing around with the refeeding strategy. At 155 lbs there’s not a lot of room left and I thought about the points that were being made if my body would support going lower than 8%. I’m going to do alternate day fasting for at least a couple weeks. I know this isn’t exactly making it a rigid experiment, but I’m trying to work with both the general feedback and my body’s feedback. I’m still holding to the only raw meat, only eating after exercise. I’m going to keep the intake to about 6 lbs an eating day so this will increase my average intake up to around 3 lbs per day from 2 lbs.

^^what BF% are you here?

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^what BF% are you here?[/quote]

I don’t have a DXA scan, but judging from my previous aesthetics and known body compositions from DXA scans I’d say around 10%. I’ve got a couple markers that make me think I’m a bit leaner than the picture CC posted which was 10.5% and I’ve got a few more pounds.

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^what BF% are you here?[/quote]

I don’t have a DXA scan, but judging from my previous aesthetics and known body compositions from DXA scans I’d say around 10%. I’ve got a couple markers that make me think I’m a bit leaner than the picture CC posted which was 10.5% and I’ve got a few more pounds.[/quote]

No you are not.