The Predator Program

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]PureNsanity wrote:

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
Just because something is scientifically based doesn’t mean it works 100% of the time. What happens if one of these folks who is insulin resistant becomes acutely hypoglycemic following your diet? Nothing, right? Because they just should’ve known you’re not an licensed expert and your advice was just…advice.
[/quote]

What happens when people follow a doctor’s advice and they die? What happens if that advice was really bad or it was from a needless prescription medication?
[/quote]

That’s a really good point. I should start an insurance firm to cover damages from all the unqualified unlicensed medical “advice”. As long as you pay me X amount per month, you can dispense as much pseudoscience as you want. I’m thinking $50k a month is probably a good start.[/quote]

Way to low.[/quote]

Well, it’s a good start as far my income is concerned. It’s not like I’m a licensed insurer either.[/quote]

Lol, good point. Medical malpractice lawsuits are expense from what I understand (not an expert…)

Just because something is scientifically based doesn’t mean it works 100% of the time. What happens if one of these folks who is insulin resistant becomes acutely hypoglycemic following your diet? Nothing, right? Because they just should’ve known you’re not an licensed expert and your advice was just…advice.
[/quote]

What happens when people follow a doctor’s advice and they die? What happens if that advice was really bad or it was from a needless prescription medication?
[/quote]

Then the doctor’s MALPRACTICE INSURANCE will pay for damages. The STATE BOARD will evaluate the PATIENT CHART and act accordingly, perhaps stripping the doctor of their LICENSE. The doctor will have to go to court where OTHER DOCTORS testify whether or not the treatment was within their SCOPE OF PRACTICE. INSURANCE CARRIERS may drop the doctor from their provider lists.*

*I’ve capitalized everything that doesn’t apply to you that serves as a means to protect the patient.

You’re out of line. Fat people don’t need you, they need someone responsible to help them out a little and then they need to do the rest of the work themselves. Reading abstracts online doesn’t give you the right to take other’s lives in your hands.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
How you look or how you’ve made other people look should determine what advise, if any, you give on diet.
[/quote]

And all along I thought it was scientific merit… Guess I stand corrected.
[/quote]

Scientific merit is rewarded with degrees and grant money. You have neither. So why are you giving dietary advice?
[/quote]

That’s exactly right. Scientific merit is just pieces of paper. No one without a degree and grant money can be right.[/quote]

Have you been trained to read and interpret scientific research?[/quote]

If I have or haven’t is that tied to my ability to be able to interpret it? I know plenty of trained people in their jobs that suck a lot more than the people without official training…
[/quote]

Ummm, yes.

“I known plenty of_____ (fill in the blank) that sucks/give poor advise.” You have said this a number of times now. The bottom line is these people are outliers. The majority of the time, someone trained is in a far better position to do whatever it is they are trained to do than a layman.

You are a layman trying to teach other layman, do you not see that?

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
I have no opinion on Dr. Leibel’s research, just the meaningless bullshit you wrote that has absolutely no potential for helping someone in a practical real-world setting.[/quote]

Except Dr. Leibel’s research is the basis for why it’s not meaningless crap and he’s spending his life researching it because it does have potential to help people in real world settings. He studies the physiological effects of obesity on people, how it changes them, and how people can overcome those changes to help fight it.[/quote]

Let’s take another look at the meaningless bullshit we’re talking about.

Obesity permanently changes physiology so weight loss for obese people has some different guidelines. It basically makes it harder. Obese people are also most likely to have diabetes and insulin resistance, so you want to address how to best treat those conditions as they will negatively impact weight loss. [/quote]

No, you will want to address things like moving more and eating less. These are the low-hanging fruit that will produce results in 95% of fat people, regardless of their insulin resistance.

The more results that are produced the more likely it is someone will stick to it.[/quote]

Do you remember writing that? Read it again, as it is the single best thing you’ve written today.

And let’s zero in on this part, where the meaningless bullshit coalesces into one profoundly dumb statement.

Also unexplained results can result in a person giving up, but if you provide explanations they may stick it out.[/quote]

Give an example of someone in this situation. Even an imaginary hypothetical fat man with made-up unexplained results. Explain the workings of this mechanism for success.

You are acting like there is some great mystery about fat loss that is keeping the obese from making an honest effort to change their lifestyle. There’s not.

OP… grant me a favor if you will… click on my hub and and take a look at the two photos of me side by side.

Show me two pictures of yourself like this. I know it’s not all that impressive, but show me you’ve made similar improvements.

Then we can compare diet, training, and pre/post blood work. And no - I am not an expert at either, but have followed practical advice (almost exclusively from this site).

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s a really good point. I should start an insurance firm to cover damages from all the unqualified unlicensed medical “advice”. As long as you pay me X amount per month, you can dispense as much pseudoscience as you want. I’m thinking $50k a month is probably a good start.[/quote]

Way to low.[/quote]

Well, it’s a good start as far my income is concerned. It’s not like I’m a licensed insurer either.[/quote]

Lol, good point. Medical malpractice lawsuits are expense from what I understand (not an expert…)[/quote]

Here’s my thoughts:

I collect $50k a month from all these so called “experts” as basically an unlicensed malpractice insurer. I then grant them the right to dispense as much pseudoscience as they want.

When someone gets seriously injured or otherwise hurt, I take some of the money I collected in premiums and buy them a cookie for their troubles. I then advise them that they shouldn’t have listened to the psuedoscience in the first place.

And since I’m not actually a licensed insurer, there’s really no obligation on my part to pay out anything for damages, so really, by giving them a cookie and some really solid advice, I’m being extremely generous.

Seems legit.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
OP… grant me a favor if you will… click on my hub and and take a look at the two photos of me side by side.

Show me two pictures of yourself like this. I know it’s not all that impressive, but show me you’ve made similar improvements.

Then we can compare diet, training, and pre/post blood work. And no - I am not an expert at either, but have followed practical advice (almost exclusively from this site). [/quote]

Very very impressive. Did you get your bloodwork checked pre and post? I’m assuming all modifiable risk factors decreased significantly.

I’m actually shocked you were able to lose that weight due to all the permanent physiological changes due to obesity :stuck_out_tongue:

^ lol

Yes, most modifiable risk factors decreased significantly (comparing a routine test done at a yearly physical when I was obese to recent blood work).

Then we can compare diet, training, and pre/post blood work. And no - I am not an expert at either, but have followed practical advice (almost exclusively from this site). [/quote]

Very very impressive. Did you get your bloodwork checked pre and post? I’m assuming all modifiable risk factors decreased significantly.

I’m actually shocked you were able to lose that weight due to all the permanent physiological changes due to obesity :P[/quote]

Yes very nice work. The permanent physiological changes due to my obesity coupled with my Leibling insulin resistance factors are the only reason I’m still carrying around my extra fat.

On a completely unrelated note, I can’t wait to have some beer after my workout today. Today we celebrate my GF’s birthday!

I’m actually shocked you were able to lose that weight due to all the permanent physiological changes due to obesity :P[/quote]

Yes very nice work. The permanent physiological changes due to my obesity coupled with my Leibling insulin resistance factors are the only reason I’m still carrying around my extra fat.

On a completely unrelated note, I can’t wait to have some beer after my workout today. Today we celebrate my GF’s birthday!
[/quote]

Drunk sex can burn a lot of calories in that you should be able to last longer. I’m not saying it will break you of your mental problems or insulin resistance factors, but it might be worthy of a science study and a book on Amazon.

Great job, I dropped down from 305 when I was in my early 20’s to 175 in a year. That was a lot of work you did there man. Congrats.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Way to low.[/quote]

Lol, good point. Medical malpractice lawsuits are expense from what I understand (not an expert…)[/quote]

Here’s my thoughts:

I collect $50k a month from all these so called “experts” as basically an unlicensed malpractice insurer. I then grant them the right to dispense as much pseudoscience as they want.

When someone gets seriously injured or otherwise hurt, I take some of the money I collected in premiums and buy them a cookie for their troubles. I then advise them that they shouldn’t have listened to the psuedoscience in the first place.

And since I’m not actually a licensed insurer, there’s really no obligation on my part to pay out anything for damages, so really, by giving them a cookie and some really solid advice, I’m being extremely generous.

Seems legit.[/quote]

You sir may have just cracked the matrix.

Obviously the beard counteracted the otherwise permanent physiological changes due to obesity.

Some of them pick a diet and adhere to it, but the diet itself fails them
[/quote]

That’s a pretty lame pretense, and finding the perfect diet will not mean that people will follow it.

I suppose that SOME people just randomly pick a diet and hope for success. I honestly don’t think the choice of diet is the real reason why such people will fail. Lack of effort would be my top guess. Beating obesity is less about choice of diet and more about determination and consistency.
[/quote]

Considering that you have countless people doing well with carb heavy diets, people doing well with keto diets, cyclical diets, PSMF’s… I find it very hard to buy into the “diet failed me” excuse.

It’s like when one of my students shows up to class everyday, but doesn’t pay attention to what we’re learning, because they’re too busy playing with their cel phone under the desk. Despite their “being” present every day, when the test or other form of assessment comes around, they clearly demonstrate that they learned nothing, nor did they apparently put forth any effort to in the first place. Of course they can then bitch and whine to their friends about how their teacher “failed them”, not that they had any part in it.

Barring any honest to goodness medical complications, and that includes psychological ones related to food, I don’t believe that any well thought out diet, when properly employed, can’t be applicable to anyone who understands that they have to put the work in.

S

LOL, OP your diet sucks. You could’ve been eating not-raw food every day and been just fine. What will you do now that your GOD science has failed you!?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Great job, I dropped down from 305 when I was in my early 20’s to 175 in a year. That was a lot of work you did there man. Congrats.[/quote]

Much respect for you both!

It’s examples like these, that despite an arguable lack of academic based “credentials”, still give a very dramatic amount of credibility due to real world experience, and demonstrated USE OF KNOWLEDGE and WELL EXHIBITED DISCIPLINE.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Great job, I dropped down from 305 when I was in my early 20’s to 175 in a year. That was a lot of work you did there man. Congrats.[/quote]

Much respect for you both!

It’s examples like these, that despite an arguable lack of academic based “credentials”, still give a very dramatic amount of credibility due to real world experience, and demonstrated USE OF KNOWLEDGE and WELL EXHIBITED DISCIPLINE.

S[/quote]
Well I was in the medical field as a respiratory therapist and going to Nursing school. But I agree. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

That’s a pretty lame pretense, and finding the perfect diet will not mean that people will follow it.

I suppose that SOME people just randomly pick a diet and hope for success. I honestly don’t think the choice of diet is the real reason why such people will fail. Lack of effort would be my top guess. Beating obesity is less about choice of diet and more about determination and consistency.
[/quote]

Considering that you have countless people doing well with carb heavy diets, people doing well with keto diets, cyclical diets, PSMF’s… I find it very hard to buy into the “diet failed me” excuse.

[/quote]

So what happens when an obese person stops losing weight because no BMR equation takes into account reductions of BMR from both drops in leptin and caloric reduction. Therefore they’re eating at maintenance levels unknowingly. Meanwhile all their literature is making them scared of eating less because of “starvation mode” and “metabolic damage”.

The person was also told to exercise more - it’s as simple as that. So they just added another 15 minutes on top of their elliptical training (which happens to be the only thing they’re doing).

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what happens when an obese person stops losing weight because no BMR equation takes into account reductions of BMR from both drops in leptin and caloric reduction. Therefore they’re eating at maintenance levels unknowingly. Meanwhile all their literature is making them scared of eating less because of “starvation mode” and “metabolic damage”.

The person was also told to exercise more - it’s as simple as that. So they just added another 15 minutes on top of their elliptical training (which happens to be the only thing they’re doing).
[/quote]

What are you selling again? Do I get a free remote with this purchase of shit on a stick? You have to do a ton of bullshit to sell some little e-book that will never be read or believed.

Are you sure you are made for this?

Maybe you should try Zumba or bring back Billy Banks thing.

[/quote]

What are you talking about? Where did anyone mention anything you just said?

Is this an actual case study or is this just a hypothetical scenario?