The Predator Program

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]PureNsanity wrote:

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
You are never going to reprogram those bad behavior patterns if you cannot find good behavior patterns that you can actually stick with. That inevitably means choosing a suboptimal diet that you can actually execute…[/quote]

You missed the entire point. If you tell someone just pick one, how are they supposed to evaluate and choose one? The majority of obese people do just that… They pick one… They fail… Repeat.
[/quote]

Better they pay you to tell them which one to do, right?
[/quote]

Better to provide them information, backed by science, that can best help them achieve progress.

You are never going to reprogram those bad behavior patterns if you cannot find good behavior patterns that you can actually stick with. That inevitably means choosing a suboptimal diet that you can actually execute…[/quote]

You missed the entire point. If you tell someone just pick one, how are they supposed to evaluate and choose one? The majority of obese people do just that… They pick one… They fail… Repeat. Some of them pick a diet and adhere to it, but the diet itself fails them (usually due to really bad dieting advice which is out there and by the way I’ve never recommended to anyone they follow my extreme diets). Do they just start randomly picking diets and give it a go?
[/quote]

That’s a pretty lame pretense, and finding the perfect diet will not mean that people will follow it.

I suppose that SOME people just randomly pick a diet and hope for success. I honestly don’t think the choice of diet is the real reason why such people will fail. Lack of effort would be my top guess. Beating obesity is less about choice of diet and more about determination and consistency.

I’m still working towards my goal, but I’ve made a lot of progress by - get this - studying what successful people have done and then making an effort to duplicate their approach with modifications that are specific to my lifestyle.

Why? Because these things I am doing - barbell training and making sensible food choices - are proven methods to dramatically change one’s body composition. They work when you do it, and they work quite well.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Fuck who puts the ball in your mouth and puts you in the box when you get home from work? [/quote]

Got to love those non-personal, respectable insults. HA!
[/quote]
Cool, I thought you had me on ignore.

Hey you insult the medical professionals on here so turn about is fair play. I would not try to insult an IT guy about their job, so I am left talking about your endless display of S&M.

I miss SS or others who could do wonders with photoshop.

This is trapplejack thread worthy. [/quote]

So I’m insulting someone by trying to experiment with different approaches? Or by writing about what I think will help people?

You missed the entire point. If you tell someone just pick one, how are they supposed to evaluate and choose one? The majority of obese people do just that… They pick one… They fail… Repeat. Some of them pick a diet and adhere to it, but the diet itself fails them (usually due to really bad dieting advice which is out there and by the way I’ve never recommended to anyone they follow my extreme diets). Do they just start randomly picking diets and give it a go?
[/quote]

That’s a pretty lame pretense, and finding the perfect diet will not mean that people will follow it.

I suppose that SOME people just randomly pick a diet and hope for success. I honestly don’t think the choice of diet is the real reason why such people will fail. Lack of effort would be my top guess. Beating obesity is less about choice of diet and more about determination and consistency.

I’m still working towards my goal, but I’ve made a lot of progress by - get this - studying what successful people have done and then making an effort to duplicate their approach with modifications that are specific to my lifestyle.

Why? Because these things I am doing - barbell training and making sensible food choices - are proven methods to dramatically change one’s body composition. They work when you do it, and they work quite well.
[/quote]

Obesity permanently changes physiology so weight loss for obese people has some different guidelines. It basically makes it harder. Obese people are also most likely to have diabetes and insulin resistance, so you want to address how to best treat those conditions as they will negatively impact weight loss. The more results that are produced the more likely it is someone will stick to it. Also unexplained results can result in a person giving up, but if you provide explanations they may stick it out.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

You missed the entire point. If you tell someone just pick one, how are they supposed to evaluate and choose one? The majority of obese people do just that… They pick one… They fail… Repeat.
[/quote]

Better they pay you to tell them which one to do, right?
[/quote]

Better to provide them information, backed by science, that can best help them achieve progress.
[/quote]

Backed by the science you deem appropriate, you mean?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Fuck who puts the ball in your mouth and puts you in the box when you get home from work? [/quote]

Got to love those non-personal, respectable insults. HA!
[/quote]
Cool, I thought you had me on ignore.

Hey you insult the medical professionals on here so turn about is fair play. I would not try to insult an IT guy about their job, so I am left talking about your endless display of S&M.

I miss SS or others who could do wonders with photoshop.

This is trapplejack thread worthy. [/quote]

So I’m insulting someone by trying to experiment with different approaches? Or by writing about what I think will help people?
[/quote]
Nah do what you want to yourself. Sit in your underwear watching scooby doo beating off into a jar of peanut butter for all we care.

But actually trying to act like you know WTF you are talking about in regards to medicine and treating people. Yes that is insulting. Which you will not get cause you are a social mutant.

You cant even apply anything that has worked for thousands of people if not millions cause you claim “traditional” is falling short. You are like any noob that wants six pack abs in 6 min a day.

Like has been said STFU, lift, eat and come back when you look like you know WTF you are talking about.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obesity permanently changes physiology so weight loss for obese people has some different guidelines. It basically makes it harder. Obese people are also most likely to have diabetes and insulin resistance, so you want to address how to best treat those conditions as they will negatively impact weight loss. The more results that are produced the more likely it is someone will stick to it. Also unexplained results can result in a person giving up, but if you provide explanations they may stick it out.[/quote]

Now you are going to educate the fat man who has lost 50 lbs (not to mention become much, much stronger than you) about fat loss for fat people? Didn’t you learn anything from the medical professionals?

Your paragraph is a bunch of meaningless bullshit. Diet and exercise. That’s pretty much it for 95% of the obese population. Some fucking effort is really all that’s needed, and one new crazy diet and one person’s anecdotal, non-scientific observations about it will not result in more effort from the obese.

How many obese people have you actually helped improve their body composition? I’ve been at this for just under a year and my count is 2. Myself, using the general approach I outlined, and my friend, by guiding him towards the same general approach, which included making changes that were specific to his lifestyle.

How many people do you really think your program and your observations will help? Will it get anyone off of the couch? Will you learn some nugget of information that will make a fat guy drive past Taco Bell and go to the farmer’s market?

Now you are going to educate the fat man who has lost 50 lbs (not to mention become much, much stronger than you) about fat loss for fat people?
[/quote]

But is your fat loss backed by SCIENCE? Maybe you just IMAGINED that you successfully did that.

How many obese people have you actually helped improve their body composition? [/quote]

Again with the demands for a real-word successful example! There is just no pleasing you people, is there?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Like has been said STFU, lift, eat and come back when you look like you know WTF you are talking about. [/quote]

Yes, because how you look determines if you can help provide guidance on reducing insulin resistance. Spot on.

Your paragraph is a bunch of meaningless bullshit.
[/quote]

And that’s why Dr. Rudy Leibel’s research is so meaningless… Because one fat man lost 50 lbs and he says so…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Like has been said STFU, lift, eat and come back when you look like you know WTF you are talking about. [/quote]

Yes, because how you look determines if you can help provide guidance on reducing insulin resistance. Spot on.
[/quote]

I didn’t realize your book was titled Basic Insulin Resistance Handbook: 100 FAQ and Beginner’s Guide

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]
Wait you are still here?

So again Mr. IT guy you are promoting you know about reducing insulin resistance. Someone who wears a smedium shirt and my grandmother can out lift is giving advice on a weight lifting site on how to do what exactly?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t realize your book was titled Basic Insulin Resistance Handbook: 100 FAQ and Beginner’s Guide [/quote]

It’s not… I covered it randomly in “Pimp Chronicles of Big Gator: Chompin in Compton” book. Lot’s of workin girls be havin issues with the dibetes.

Your paragraph is a bunch of meaningless bullshit.
[/quote]

And that’s why Dr. Rudy Leibel’s research is so meaningless… Because one fat man lost 50 lbs and he says so…[/quote]

I have no opinion on Dr. Leibel’s research, just the meaningless bullshit you wrote that has absolutely no potential for helping someone in a practical real-world setting.

As to the importance of looks and tangible results, I think it is very important. I am very proud to have helped my friend and genuinely honored that he trusted me to help him.

He came to me because I look a LOT different than I did a year ago. He came to me because he saw a video of me - a guy he knew well and could relate to - lifting a weight off of the ground that seemed mind-bogglingly heavy to him. He came to me because he knew that if I could do it, so could he.

Nobody ever came to me for help with anything except cooking advice when I was 330 lbs. I can’t imagine why.

Results matter. A LOT.

OP obviously doesn’t think very highly of fat people. They can make up their own excuses for why they’re fat and don’t need you advocating for them. Oh the humanity that they may have to fail at a diet before they find what works for them! It’s called being an adult. Some find what works and stick with it, others try to poison themselves in a desperate attempt to gain some sort of popularity.

Why do you keep applying your diet to those with metabolic/endocrine damage? You are seriously way out of line with this crap.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]
Wait you are still here?

So again Mr. IT guy you are promoting you know about reducing insulin resistance. Someone who wears a smedium shirt and my grandmother can out lift is giving advice on a weight lifting site on how to do what exactly? [/quote]

He is a SCIENTIST! He drives a DODGE STRATUS!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t realize your book was titled Basic Insulin Resistance Handbook: 100 FAQ and Beginner’s Guide [/quote]

It’s not… I covered it randomly in “Pimp Chronicles of Big Gator: Chompin in Compton” book. Lot’s of workin girls be havin issues with the dibetes.
[/quote]

Lol…

You’re qualifications determine what information you should provide on insulin resistance. You mentioned a PhD from Columbia university, do you think you are qualified to give information like said person?

How you look or how you’ve made other people look should determine what advise, if any, you give on diet.

I have no opinion on Dr. Leibel’s research, just the meaningless bullshit you wrote that has absolutely no potential for helping someone in a practical real-world setting.[/quote]

Except Dr. Leibel’s research is the basis for why it’s not meaningless crap and he’s spending his life researching it because it does have potential to help people in real world settings. He studies the physiological effects of obesity on people, how it changes them, and how people can overcome those changes to help fight it.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
How you look or how you’ve made other people look should determine what advise, if any, you give on diet.
[/quote]

And all along I thought it was scientific merit… Guess I stand corrected.

I have no opinion on Dr. Leibel’s research, just the meaningless bullshit you wrote that has absolutely no potential for helping someone in a practical real-world setting.[/quote]

Except Dr. Leibel’s research is the basis for why it’s not meaningless crap and he’s spending his life researching it because it does have potential to help people in real world settings. He studies the physiological effects of obesity on people, how it changes them, and how people can overcome those changes to help fight it.[/quote]

So, you’re trying to make a buck off Dr. Leibel’s research then?