The Predator Program

[quote]PureNsanity wrote:
Day 63 - epiphanies and lessons learned

One of the first epiphanies I had is that in my previous lifting my perceived effort was way wrong. I have a phrase I like to use about effort which is, “If you can put in 105% you don’t know what you’re real 100% is.” In hindsight I think my lifting was similar. I made progress from when I first started lifting but I wasn’t putting in enough effort to make real progress.

So then that moves me to motivation. There has to be a motivator in each of us to really push ourselves to that level of effort. To be honest while I said I wanted to get bigger I could have done without it. There was no deep inner drive to get an enviable physique or lifts. So I recognize a major fault was lack of real effort.

I do believe that I made some real progress with this experiment, but it was not with the experiment parameters itself. The real progress was finding that inner motivation. After the last 2.5 years of research and experimentation how can I really show others I’ve learned something? How can I get others to believe what I have to say has more credence? Without the normal credentials I need an enviable physique and strength to beginners (who I’m gearing a lot towards) and that’s going to take me getting to intermediate/advanced levels. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. It ended being a major part of that inner motivation and these realizations.

So right now I have what I was missing before - a deep, inner motivation to push myself. From my experiences so far I know that rest-pause is a very effective technique to enable me to push myself, but I also acknowledge there are many other basic techniques that might be more effective to reach my goals. That brings me to my next point about sticking with basics. I’m a beginner I don’t need anything fancy. I think before I got way ahead of myself and was trying to use far too advanced schemes for my level. Combine that with a lack of real effort and it is most likely the ultimate reason why I haven’t made progress in years.

During this experiment the parameters I set provided a way for me to find motivation and stick to the basics. Coincidentally this is what I needed. I’ve re-examined several facets about my nutrition in prior attempts and I believe that I could do it better now. Although I haven’t been working on my physique during my experimentation I have found out many details about how my body reacts to different foods, different macronutrient intakes, and different caloric intakes. I believe that I’ll be able to utilize this information to make solid gains post experiment. While my diet still won?t be traditional, it will be based on traditional diets applying my personal findings.

Part of the issue with my diet before is I ate way too much way too quickly when trying to bulk. Bulking is a gradual process and I’ve learned that once I get above 11% body fat my body starts packing on fat quickly. I need to be patient. Watch and adjust my diet to avoid fat gain. Stick to the basic lifts and put in true effort.

So these lessons put me at a bit of a quandary? Is this experiment worth anything more at this point? I do think the methods I’m experimenting with (fasted lifting, suboptimal condition adaptation, and high protein high fat dieting) have merit but noting all the above changes over the last 60 days can I ever compare this against another timeframe? I think at this point it’s time to get my blood work, DXA scan, and chalk this experiment up to lessons learned. If I can make some real progress over the next year I think I can revisit this and do some better baseline comparisons.

I do feel significant improvements in my lifts from the advice received and I’m working on it. Once I make some real notable progress I’ll post some more vids somewhere.

Again, thank you all.
[/quote]

Also keep your goals simple and basic. I would suggest a 405lb squat. Get there and everything else will fall in place

Delusions of grandeur, somewhat, but OP has mentioned e-books earlier in the thread, and I think he’s already published at least one of them.

I’m guilty of this, on occasion: developing some statement in my head and telling a friend “Can you believe that so many people (think X, Y, Z)” and he just looks at me and says “Dude, who actually thinks that?”

OP is guilty of same. He’s trying to develop responses for the criticisms that people will have for his experiment, when in reality 99.999999% of the world will never hear of it or give a crap.[/quote]

These are yours correct OP?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Bryan%20Tente&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank
[/quote]

@Yogi1 since you brought the Predator diet up I started re-reading the thread. This mofo…

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_11?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=bryan+tente&sprefix=bryan+tente%2Caps%2C124&crid=M7GAHNUSBNGS

1 Like

At first, I thought maybe we were a little too hard on the guy.

I’ve changed my tune after reading his description of The Health Satori Project.

What a fucking delusional prick.

"This book is for those who need help to successfully diet, those who are looking for health answers when they keep reading conflicting evidence, and for those who want to engage in thought provoking research about health.

With most diet books authors tend to pick and choose which theories and anecdotal evidence to believe ignoring valid evidence contrary to their personal bias. I stick with science, only recommending what has conclusive evidence and treating nothing as definitive, infallible fact. If authors are recommending actions you don’t have to take for health, it will just make dieting harder and no one needs that.

As a health enthusiast I was fed up with seeing conflicting studies. There are a multitude of problems with diet studies to include self-reporting, not properly isolating variables, and lack of validation. Far too many diet studies produce inconclusive, unreliable results, yet we tend to firmly believe them as soon as they come out.

I used my expert dieting skills to test a multitude of unique, challenging diets properly isolating variables. I validated tests with a wide range of conditions to produce conclusive, reliable support for many health theories. Wouldn’t you know it but many of the well-known theories are not fully correct. This book will change your view on what is healthy through theoretical, clinical, observational, and my experimental evidence."

Get fucked, PureNsanity, if you are still out there.

2 Likes

There’s an awful lot of bullshit salesmen floating around. Deepak Chopra, David Avocado Wolfe, Dr. Oz, the list is long.

The minute you start preying on people’s desire for good health to make a buck by selling your bullshit, you’ve officially crossed into terrible person territory.

An acquaintance of mine who worked at a chiropractor once spent 30 minutes telling me how my father was foolish for treating his stage IV cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. You see, all he had to do was pay her boss for the cancer-killing secrets of the Maximized Living Program. By adjusting his diet he could KILL THE CANCER because, through biological mechanisms she could not explain to me, he could alter his body’s pH, thus killing the STAGE IV cancer once and for all.

It is one of the few instances I truly wanted to slap a woman.

Bullshit diet salesmen are right in the same category as feel-good prophets of holistic living and all of the other modern-day snake oil salesmen. Total bottom feeders.

/rant over

4 Likes

You’ll love this then…

1 Like

I’ve come up with one called the turtle diet: eat nothing but fish all day and you will transform into a massive, armoured beast.

Or the orangutan diet: gorge yourself on fruit and spend a lot of time swinging from tree to tree and you’ll have red hair and long arms and the chicks will think you’re adorable.

I could go on, but I don’t think anybody will thank me if I do.

1 Like

@PureNsanity

Did you end up running this program? I’m truly curious lol.

I ran it for 63 days, then stopped.

Haven’t gone back to it, and actually had a gym hiatus since. Just got back in the gym this last month. Ramping up to do some experiments.

But here’s the premise and ultimate question of that program… What makes the body change epigenetically? I have calluses from when I first started Westside lifting for three years, and even after 6 total years out of the gym since they’re still there. That’s due to cellular memory a.k.a. epigentics. So why does that stick and body composition doesn’t? What does the body need to coerce epigenetic encoding?

I’ve got tons of theories and support to cite on the matter if you want to have a detailed chat…

Regards,
Bryan Tente
The Health Satori Project

You’re still trying to con people out of their money for the promise of improved health, I see. You are literally selling bullshit. You’re posing as an expert when you are not, then charging people to read your horrible ideas.

Have you ever thought about what might happen if people actually follow your advice?

1 Like

Callouses are not an example of an epigenetic change. Your offspring are not going to inherit your callouses.

Also, you did not ever do “Westside lifting.”

2 Likes

I hope this thread gets going again.

1 Like

They certainly are an example of epigenetic conditioning. Just because it may not be something passed to offspring doesn’t deny that it’s epigenetics.

Your skin isn’t normally calloused and it regenerates every 27 days roughly. The reason why they stay even after 3 years of not exposed to the same conditions is due to epigentics.

Seeing how you have no real depth of knowledge of my training I’ve done over 16 years since I started lifting… I’m not sure you can say I never did Westside lifting… Yeah I’m an amateur, but I prescribed to Tate’s workouts and philosophies for over a year.

Well, unless you trained at Westside Barbell, this can be said.

4 Likes

It’s happening :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Of the handful of people that have reached out for me on guidance to reduce cholesterol and/or fasting glucose all have been very successful. The latest individual dropped fasting glucose from 120 to 92 in six weeks.

So I’d say yes I have, and I’d say it’s gone well.

All the material is backed up by science and I have a 140+ IQ (tested via MENSA). If you want to discuss any topic of the book specifically I’d be glad to.

2 Likes

You can call numbers bullshit all you want… But when they’re actually measured and qualified it’s data. Good news though! Plenty of people ignore data and ignorant people tend to invite anyone to the club…

So you’re claiming to be a genius-level charlatan, eh? Backed by anecdotes? And science too, you say?

I’ll keep my four dollars, but maybe you can trick some other people into parting with theirs. My hunch is that you aren’t in it for the money so much as you’re in it for your own fragile ego. You don’t have any real expertise or achievements in anything that other people value, so you make shit up and then call yourself an expert on your made up shit. Then you wait for some poor sucker to come along and kiss the ring.

But hey, what do I know? My mind was never tested by MENSA. They thought I was slow back in elementary school, but it was actually a huge growth of wax in my inner ear that was making it hard for me to hear. It looked like a mushroom when they flushed it out.

1 Like

I am not quite sure what this word soup means in the context of my statement.