The Pre/Post Workout Shake ?

I wanted your guys opinion on this. I’m attempting early 6:30am lifts… but have work immediately after at 8am. I was wondering what would be the optimal thing to do nutrition wise to get the most for pre-post workout.

My Idea:

Wake Up 5:30am-small bowl of oatmeal. 6am on way to Gym- ON whey protein shake.

LIFT 6:30-7:30 - Follow with Whey protein shake

8:30 - 4 hard boiled eggs and some nuts.

I’ve never done a lifting schedule this early and been struck for time. What are your guys suggestions for pre/post workout Ideas?

I just fuck with some BCAAs pre and during and then some creatine post/

The Anaconda protocol would be optimal. What you posted is fine tho

What you posted ain’t too shitty. Depend on your goals. If I were you, I’d probably go for something slightly faster digesting as far as carbs go before the gym, but that’s just me. Also, I’m a bit old fashioned as far as post workout nutrition goes, as in I like my carbs after the gym. Then again, I’m not really focusing on losing fat atm.

[quote]DJOYEAH wrote:
I wanted your guys opinion on this. I’m attempting early 6:30am lifts… but have work immediately after at 8am. I was wondering what would be the optimal thing to do nutrition wise to get the most for pre-post workout.

My Idea:

Wake Up 5:30am-small bowl of oatmeal. 6am on way to Gym- ON whey protein shake.

LIFT 6:30-7:30 - Follow with Whey protein shake

8:30 - 4 hard boiled eggs and some nuts.

I’ve never done a lifting schedule this early and been struck for time. What are your guys suggestions for pre/post workout Ideas?
[/quote]

I sometimes have to train early in the morning before work. Very similar to yourself but I prefer to have myofusion or another tri-blend protein shake with with my oatmeal first thing. Post training I take ON Whey with some glutamine mixed with glucose and/or Sizeon creatine.

If you are trying to loose fat low carbing that sounds good, if you are looking to build somewhat then i would add some fast dogesting carbs in the pwo shake with some creatine and glutamine, Whey with the oats rather tan on the way to the gym would give you more time
To digest and get the aminos in the bloodstream, i know whey is considered ’ fast’ but for digestion in less than 30 minutes you’re gonna need free form aminos.

My neighbor is all about efficiency, and as I’m sure many other on here have tried, he just throws everything in a shake once he rolls out of bed. Prot powder, dry oats, some fruit, then he walks his dogs, and heads off to battle the iron. Nothing complicated, just enough to keep his stomach quiet, and digest a bit before he has to actually do any work.

Post workout, you’re definitely missing out without any carbs. I made progress for years just eating a pop tart with a whey shake right out of my gym bag after a session. Then when I got home I’d have a solid feeding. Like H4M said, your choices certainly aren’t bad by any means, but a couple of little tweaks can make a difference over time.

S

I lift at 6am, so here’s what I do:

4:30am: 4 eggs, 4 whites, lots of veggies in a scramble
200 cals of tinned fish with whey mixed in

6am lift

PWO I do a whey shake and eat a white potato (that I microwaved while making breakfast) as I head to class.

forget the oatmeal! Get some haribo or chocolate down you pre wo