T Nation

The 'Powerfoods' Article: Danger

I just read the powerfoods article:

Wow a cup of blueberries and a cup of broccoli daily… and 18 oz spinach! Those are some insane oxalate levels!!

Good luck with the kidney stones guys

I don’t think you’re qualified to make such statements. I base this solely on your screen name.

Broccoli anyone?

I have eaten numerous cups of broccoli in a day without a single incident of kidney stones. There is no clear cut evidence suggesting a single food or group of foods has a higher chance of inducing kidney stones.

I would never eat blueberries or broccoli. i feel much healthier eating junk food.

It sounds like you’re trying to justify not eating your veggies.

The plural of anecdote is not data. However…

I’ve eaten ~2 c of broccoli and 4+ c. of baby spinach (almost) daily for over 6 months and AFAIK, my kidneys are fine. In fact, the only noticeable symptom during that particular time period was a decrease in abdominal fat.

But maybe I’m just so high off all that spinach that I can’t see straight.

I’ll believe all that if I piss out a meteor.

I don’t take superfood, but I eat a metric shitton of broccoli and spinach weekly.

Oh crap…I go through blueberries, spinach and broccoli daily like water. Looks like I’m gonna have a golf ball sized stone. Guess I’ll switch to fries.

Guys… the OP’s a troll just throwing things out

He can’t have a clue if he actually believes what he posted.

He was already banned under the name “BradPittFan” or something like that.

Wtf are you talking about?? I just signed up today, look at my posting history. How exactly am i a troll??

Brad pitt is very popular amongst straight guys who like to work because of:
A)His status
B)His decent acting abilities
C) Because he has the ideal physique ; muscular-athletic and not bodybuilder type muscle-bound
…so he’s obviously going to have many fans.
Just because more than 1 user is clearly a pitt fan doesn’t mean that they’re the same person.

[quote]PittMania wrote:
Wtf are you talking about?? I just signed up today, look at my posting history. How exactly am i a troll??

A)His status
C) Because he has the ideal physique ; muscular-athletic and not bdybuilder type muscle-bound
Just because more than 1 user is clearly pitt fans doesn’t mean that they’re the same.[/quote]

What you speak is purely unfounded rubbish and has no scientific or rational basis to speak of. Because you are a Brad Pitt fan and have his pic as an avatar doesn’t mean you are him or can speak for him.

I am sure he eats the foods you deem dangerous very frequently. So jump on the bandwagon like you do, and see if you can hold his jockstrap too.

I developed kidney stones due to an excessively high sodium intake and low water consumption. It had to do with eating too many Ramen noodles in one day, and not drinking enough water, as well as eating the “dangerous” foods you mention to flush it out due to the fiber content. You should try to be a healthy troll if anything else.

[quote]PittMania wrote:

A)His status
C) Because he has the ideal physique ; muscular-athletic and not bdybuilder type muscle-bound
Just because more than 1 user is clearly pitt fans doesn’t mean that they’re the same.[/quote]

That some good Trolling. I chuckled.

A) It’s evident he’s an A-list celebrity.

B) ok i guess this one’s subjective

C) Face it. Outside of this little, isolated bodybuilding subculture of yours, everyone finds the vascular, BB phyqsiue revolting.

If anyone here is lifting for girls forget it…you’re best off picking a martial art…judo is good it will keep you strong but leana dn athletic…Hotter girls like abs…that’s all you need…

Forget all this bodybuilding nonsense. It’s for people who are insecure and think that they can make up for facial shortcomings.

[quote]PittMania wrote:

C) Face it. Outside of this little, isolated bodybuilding subculture of yours, everyone finds the vascular, BB phyqsiue revolting.

If anyone here is lifting for girls forget it…you’re best off picking a martial art…judo is good it will keep you strong but leana dn athletic…Hotter girls like abs…that’s all you need…

Forget all this bodybuilding nonsense. It’s for people who are insecure and think that they can make up for facial shortcomings. [/quote]

I have the ideal bullshit and I still want to be a bodybuilder. I can “get” 99% of girls I pursue, but wtf does that give you…satisfaction from sex.

Point is, maybe some people bodybuild for the sport because it’s their passion…not because they want to attract the opposite sex.

I for one would rather live a life that I love, and find a girl who can accept me and love me for the things I love instead of just wanting to get in bed with me because I have abs.

You can look like brad pitt if you want…i don’t give a sh*t because it doesn’t affect me at all. Don’t bash bodybuilding tho…

And eat your damn broccoli!!!

DG

[quote]PittMania wrote:
C) Because he has the ideal physique ; muscular-athletic and not bodybuilder type muscle-bound
[/quote]

Statements like this are what make you a troll on this site. Brad Pitt is not the ideal here. We are striving for more than that. This is a Bodybuilding site.

If you are truly new to this site (which we all doubt) a quick review of previous threads would have revealed this to you.

[quote]PittMania wrote:

Forget all this bodybuilding nonsense. It’s for people who are insecure and think that they can make up for facial shortcomings. [/quote]

Yep, definitely a troll. Do us all a favor and just fuck off now, please. Nobody wants to hear anymore from you.

Wheat germ, liver, and yogurt are the superfoods I consume in addition with all the other fruit, veggies, and meat I intake.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
Wheat germ, liver, and yogurt are the superfoods I consume in addition with all the other fruit, veggies, and meat I intake. [/quote]

men usually have a problem with iron levels in their blood. One of the reasons to donate blood is to help with “rusty blood” syndrome. So you don’t think the iron levels or liver are an issue? Or do you just not eat it in high quantities?

I have never had wheat germ. What is it for?

do you put it in any food or a shake?

[quote]PittMania wrote:

A)His status
Just because more than 1 user is clearly a pitt fan doesn’t mean that they’re the same person.[/quote]

That is a very well thought and reasonable response for someone who is so damn ghey.

You’re not just flamboyant either. You’re like a “replaced the seat on my uni-cycle with a bowling pin” flaming.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
gainera2582 wrote:
Wheat germ, liver, and yogurt are the superfoods I consume in addition with all the other fruit, veggies, and meat I intake.

men usually have a problem with iron levels in their blood. One of the reasons to donate blood is to help with “rusty blood” syndrome. So you don’t think the iron levels or liver are an issue? Or do you just not eat it in high quantities?

I have never had wheat germ. What is it for?

do you put it in any food or a shake?

[/quote]

Beef liver tablets are a natural source of heme iron just like red meat is. Hard to overdose on compared to your iron supplements like ferrous sulfate, fumerate, etc… . I usually drop my dosage down on them when I am eating liver, but Im not doing a super high dose like most bb guys do. Its also a good source of all the b vitamins, so that’s why I use it as a supplement for energy.

The wheat germ I add to my oatmeal, bran cereal, and shakes. Its high in fiber, good source of b vitamins, high in vitamin e. Its the wheat kernel that gets removed when they process the wheat, which is why it is higher in vitamins and minerals than normal processed grains. I use the bob red mill brand, its only a couple bucks and I do about 2 servings of it a day.

oh look a brad pitt fantroll

let me guess:

1. you are 150 lbs
  2. you want ripped shredded abz
  3. you curl in the squat rack
  4. your diet is anti-fat
  5. you eat 1000 calories a day