T Nation

The power of the mind

I dont know igf this will catch on with some of you out there, but one thing I dont see a lot in this area is the posts about the power of the mind. I feel that the brain is by far the most powerful muscle in the body. Now I might be sounding kind of corny, but I can sight several examples in my life, and the lives of others where this can be sighted. I would love to hear some of the success stories every one out there has. To start out I will give my small story, which I might add I am very proud of, and happy to share. About 1.5 years ago, I had just ended my senior year in college football, at this point in time I was a 6ft. 240 lb. hunk of chubby mass, I thought I held it well, but looking back I had a belly. Any how the day after my team had lost in the playoffs :frowning: I decided that it was time for me to lose some body fat, so I set out to gain a physique worthy of the sunny California beaches I would be strolling upon returning home. To make a long story short I set out with a planned attack, and have been chisling away at my body ever since. Today I am 175 lbs, and around 5% BF. I love the way my body looks, and love the satisfaction of knowing that I busted my butt to get where I am. Any way I really dont care to speak too much of myself, instead I would love to hear some of your guys’ stories, and maybe we can swap tips on how you got there or are getting there, both mentally and physically. I use things like that as fuel to my fire, as nothing gets me more fired up then hearing about someone overcoming adversity, and perservering in the face of challenges. Thanks folks, I hope this does not come off too corny