The Power of Prayer?

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

"At Reagan National this week, Rabbis joined the Muslims at the prayer protest ? though one imagines they did not share this prayer from the Hadith: “And the Jews will hide behind the rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: ‘O Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!’” In fairness, they usually save that one for the high holidays, like the “Festival of the Six Dead Jews” or “Honor Killing Week.”

Nor this one, also from the Hadith: “The Prophet said: ‘The Hour will not take place until the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims kill them. The Muslims will kill the Jews. Rejoice! Rejoice in Allah’s victory!’”

Anyone know the precise location of these prayers, in the Hadith? I’m not Muslim nor Jewish and am simply curious.

The Hadiths are not prayers, they’re sayings and actions from the life of Muhammad.

While they’re often used to clarify subjects on which the Qu’ran is vague or silent, they do not override the Qu’ran if they can be interpreted to say differently than it does.

And while there are exhortations to violence to be found in the Qu’ran, most of them are followed by admonitions that the “enemy” be left alone if he backs off.

Maybe you should read the whole thing instead of picking out very particular passages to stir shit up.

You want us to go through and find the disgusting things written in the Bible?

Don’t worry. There is PLENTY to choose from. There is also a good core message, but we should just ignored that. We wouldn’t want to deviate from your methods of interpretation.

If muslims are supposed to kill Jews, why are they allowed to marry Jews and are forbidden to force them to convert to Islam?

Any idiot can take bits and pieces of things to form their own agenda. Suprisingly, some people like yourself are dumb enough to believe everything you hear.

yay, more words of wonder from a non-republican, freedom hating bitch.

The power of prayer? I keep praying that Nuthunter will stop starting stupid threads… but it isn’t working.

Nuthunter, when will you stop believing everything some rabid fear monkey spits out for you? You sound like a paranoid or scared old fool seeing monsters everywhere you look.

Nice world view.

This isn’t a stupid thread. I have no interest in reading Ann Coulter, but to ignore the Muslim attitude, teachings and actions towards Jews is a bit strange.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
This isn’t a stupid thread. I have no interest in reading Ann Coulter, but to ignore the Muslim attitude, teachings and actions towards Jews is a bit strange.[/quote]

We’re not ignoring the actions of Muslims done unto Jews. We’re making the point that the Muslim religion is just as “inherintly evil” as the Christian, Jewish, and pagan ones.

Islam is not evil. Extremist muslims who blow the crap outta themselve in public squares in Isreal are evil.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
The Beast wrote:
This isn’t a stupid thread. I have no interest in reading Ann Coulter, but to ignore the Muslim attitude, teachings and actions towards Jews is a bit strange.

We’re not ignoring the actions of Muslims done unto Jews. We’re making the point that the Muslim religion is just as “inherintly evil” as the Christian, Jewish, and pagan ones.

Islam is not evil. Extremist muslims who blow the crap outta themselve in public squares in Isreal are evil.[/quote]

the funny thing is that they’re not blowing themselves up in Israel, but in Israel occupied territoty.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
This isn’t a stupid thread. I have no interest in reading Ann Coulter, but to ignore the Muslim attitude, teachings and actions towards Jews is a bit strange.[/quote]

Muslims have treated Jews a lot better throughout history than Christians have.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
You want us to go through and find the disgusting things written in the Bible?

Don’t worry. There is PLENTY to choose from. There is also a good core message, but we should just ignored that. We wouldn’t want to deviate from your methods of interpretation.[/quote]

Yes, Beowolf. Please disgust me I am sure you will not be able to. There is only one chapter from one book in the bible that you will be able to use because there are not plenty. There is only one and if you find it I will explain to you why it is not disgusting.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
The Beast wrote:

[/quote]

No, they haven’t.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
The Beast wrote:

No, they haven’t.

[/quote]

Yes they have.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Islam is not evil. Extremist muslims who blow the crap outta themselve in public squares in Isreal are evil.[/quote]

That’s a lovely idea to have, but the long forgotten Byzantine empire would beg to differ.

I agree that the majority of Muslims who do not carry out acts of violence are good people. However, the Muslims who go about blowing themselves up and killing non-Muslims (or Muslims of other sects), are indeed following their faith. This is what people seem to be either unaware of, or are choosing to ignore.

This ignorance is probably in the noble intent to promote cooperation and peaceful coexistence with the Muslim world; but to keep claiming that terrorists are “misled” or “not following Islam” is naive at best and at worst, simply wrong.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
This ignorance is probably in the noble intent to promote cooperation and peaceful coexistence with the Muslim world; but to keep claiming that terrorists are “misled” or “not following Islam” is naive at best and at worst, simply wrong.[/quote]

So, should we have some more witch burnings? We haven’t had enough witch burnings lately. Also, maybe some crusades are in order.

Are these practices truly Christian? I think you’d best address this topic given your thoughts above…

[quote]The Beast wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
The Beast wrote:

I agree that the majority of Muslims who do not carry out acts of violence are good people. However, the Muslims who go about blowing themselves up and killing non-Muslims (or Muslims of other sects), are indeed following their faith. This is what people seem to be either unaware of, or are choosing to ignore.

This ignorance is probably in the noble intent to promote cooperation and peaceful coexistence with the Muslim world; but to keep claiming that terrorists are “misled” or “not following Islam” is naive at best and at worst, simply wrong.[/quote]

We recently had a prayer service for a priest who was burned alive, because of the cartoons in Denmark.

I also don’t see any Jews or Christians strapping on bombs and walking into Mecca or Medina.

Islam should be isolated, like an infection. Blockade the whole damn region. Let 'em kill each other.

[quote]vroom wrote:

So, should we have some more witch burnings?[/quote]

No. These are quite clearly wrong.

In actual fact the last witch trial was in the 1940’s in England when a woman was hanged for claiming to be able to contact dead servicemen for their widows and in the practice of this she revealed some official secrets. This attracted the wrath of the authorities.

Without writing out ten thousand pages, I will merely make a few inelegant comments on them. Firstly, the lands that the Muslims at the time occupied were previously Christian lands, largely because Islam wasn’t even invented until around 600AD.

The Crusades were in response to the fall of Jerusalem. Christians pilgrims were denied the right to visit their holy sites, and the Christian world responded by aiming to provide unmolested passage for these pilgrims to the holy land.

Whether the waging of a war is ever justified, is an issue that will never be resolved? Can Christians fight in self defence? Sure, but what constitutes self defence? Can I fight in defence of my neigbour? What if my neighbour is half way around the world and I must fight many people along the way?

Let’s agree that these practices of witch burning and waging wars are not Christian.

My point is that a Christian man killing someone merely because of his religion is not behaving as a Christian is taught in his holy book. Whereas a Muslim man doing the same thing is behaving as a Muslim is taught in his holy book. He is acting as Mohammed did, and he is fully in the belief that he will go to heaven for it.

Although the world is trying to encourage “moderate” Islam, it is difficult to do so, when their Prophet was not a moderate man.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not hate people for being Muslims, I do however feel the religion is misogynistic, anti-semitic and violent.

Now you could argue that the established Christian Church, (let me use Catholicism as an example) is misogynistic, as men and women have different roles and women are not entitled to enter the priesthood. Perhaps women should be Priests, because perhaps Jesus only had male disciples in order to be accepted at the time? But women are not treated as property of their husbands, and they are not made to cover their faces through fear of making other men lose control.

The Catholic Church especially could be considered anti-semitic, with the long history of persecution of the Jews, yet Jesus never taught people to treat the Jews badly, so this behaviour was un-Christian. As so many verses from the Koran state, much like the one that initiated this thread, the Jews are a hated enemy of the Muslims; and as such they are persecuted and always will be.

The recurring theme in all this is that although Christians and Muslims may both commit acts purportedly in the name of their religion, the Christians are not following the “word of God” whereas in many cases the Muslims are.

You may find my view outrageous and racist/Islamophobic/right-wing, but I am not condeming a race or an individual, I am condemning an idea, and a belief system, a bunch of spiritual rules by which people live their lives.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We recently had a prayer service for a priest who was burned alive, because of the cartoons in Denmark.
[/quote]

This whole “highly offended” thing is somewhat ridiculous. Historically, Islamic artists would depict Mohammed in pictures, yet all of a sudden pictures are banned.

The series of cartoons that were drawn in Denmark were done so because an author was writing a book on the life of Mohammed and was unable to get any illustrators for the book as they were fearful of reprisals by Muslims throughout the country.

A Danish newspaper saw this as a free speech(free drawing?) issue, and thusly requested for illustrators to send in their Mohammed pictures to show that they were not afraid. Hence the series of pictures.

However, the big furore occured nearly a year later, during which time a Muslim leader had been building the story up around the Islamic world in order to garner outrage, and when the story hit the world press, it was already a year old.

Sales of Danish bacon to the Islamic world collapsed overnight.

I think a Judeo Christian God would be pretty miffed if someone did that.

I am more akin to the idea of introducing good old capitalism and material wealth to the working man in the middle east. The idea of killing oneself for a personal treasure is less attractive when the potential bomber is independently wealthy, rather than unemployed, angry and resentful towards the world.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
Let’s agree that these practices of witch burning and waging wars are not Christian.
[/quote]

See, my point is that the actions of some, such as terrorists, relates to Islam as the acts above relate to Christianity.

I don’t think we can condemn a religion because some followers of it have decided to go over the edge of the chasm and resort to inappropriate actions against others.

If we do, Christianity also has a history full of things to answer for.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
In actual fact the last witch trial was in the 1940’s in England when a woman was hanged for claiming to be able to contact dead servicemen for their widows and in the practice of this she revealed some official secrets. This attracted the wrath of the authorities.
[/quote]

Helen Duncan was not hanged. She was incarcerated for nine months and released.