the Power Look

Thanks again…I’ll try that.

Just wanted to repeat a question from up above that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. I’m going to give this back workout a try, and am wondering whether there should be any specific lat work included as well. Or is the workout given supposed to be complete for the back as shown?

look i have not done the specific workout, but i just finished a specific ham/back workout and all, I really mean every single one, of my back muscles are sore. I did not do one single pullup or chin up. By the looks of the program, it looks like it will hit all the major muscles. try it for yourself and see. I believe just really heavy deadlifts are enough to blast the whole back. laters pk

As PK mentionned, all the major muscle groups in the back are indeed getting some work. Case in point, look at olympic lifters, these guys have huge thick backs and they never do any forms of chins, pulldown or rowing.

However you can indeed include a little extra back work if that suits you, maybe 6-8 total sets TOPS. Furthermore, as I mentionned to several individuals who emailed me, it’s possible to take the exercises of the traps specialization program and put them on different training days. e.g.: Power clean from blocks and snatch deadlift on leg day, overhead shrugs and cuban press on shoulders day and the Javorek complex on back day.

Christian and pk, thanks for the replies.

I will probably split the training into two days, as I am a bit older (recovery issues) and just basically seem to do better when putting deads and some other small bodypart on a day to themselves. Anyway, nice looking program - can’t wait to try it out!