The Perfect Milkshake

Alright, just made this, its weird…but awesome.

First, steam 2-3 cups of cauliflower.

When done, throw just the cauliflower in a blender until it has sort of a mashed potatoes consistency.

Then, add 1 cup of pasteurized liquid egg whites.

Blend.

Add 2 scoops of Chocolate (or flavor of choice) Metabolic Drive, and plenty of crushed ice.

Blend it all up.

Enjoy the taste and texture of a chocolate, or whatever flavor milkshake.

Mine has about
350kcal
64gprotein
4g fat
6-9g carbs including the Metabolic Drive powder and Cauliflower.
Plus a bit o’ fiber to boot.

And its actually thicker like a milkshake. More cauliflower=more thickness.

It sounds like the texture would be pretty gross, but I may give it a go.

I remember CW saying he put broccoli, apple, protein, and some other stuff together for a breakfast shake.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Alright, just made this, its weird…but awesome.

First, steam 2-3 cups of cauliflower.

When done, throw just the cauliflower in a blender until it has sort of a mashed potatoes consistency.

Then, add 1 cup of pasteurized liquid egg whites.

Blend.

Add 2 scoops of Chocolate (or flavor of choice) Metabolic Drive, and plenty of crushed ice.

Blend it all up.

Enjoy the taste and texture of a chocolate, or whatever flavor milkshake.

Mine has about
350kcal
64gprotein
4g fat
6-9g carbs including the Metabolic Drive powder and Cauliflower.
Plus a bit o’ fiber to boot.

And its actually thicker like a milkshake. More cauliflower=more thickness. [/quote]

How does it taste?

It taste like the protein flavor. You would have no idea the cauliflower or egg whites were in there. ALl they really do is make it thicker and creamier which I like because I love milkshakes.

And Schwarzz just follow teh directions like I said, meaning make sure you steam the broccoli until its really nice and soft…then follow the rest of the directions and all that happens is the shake is thick and creamy, absolutely zero chunks of cauliflower, at least for me. Just make sure you have a good blender and blend it all till smooth.

I love food, I only eat it if it taste good.

I often joke with my girlfriend that I rarely eat out of hunger or necessity.

It usually just cuz I like it and it taste good. ;}

Point is, the shake was good, I may experiment with making a sort of soft serve ice cream texture.

That sounds… quite disgusting actually. The cauliflower just… I don’t know, just doesn’t fit.

That doesnt sound bad, i might have to give it a try. I may use broccoli instead or whatever i got available for veggies lol I have no egg whites like that so i might try a whole hardboiled egg or 2.

My version may be chunkier texture but if it taste good then thats fine with me.

I know it doesn’t fit, but my girlfriend didn’t know it was in there when I gave her a sip. She said, “yum what in it”

and when I told her shes like…

“cauliflower?”

Yep.

Really eh… I might try that then.
I guess it might not be that bad, seeing on how they don’t have much taste on their own.

I’m going to try that actually, but make a nice vanilla shake with cauliflower, milk, vanilla powder and maybe a tad of peanut butter.

Yum!

So I got to thinking about this, and I’ve been wondering how you came up with this? Same with the PB and eggs thread. Do you guys just look through the cupboards and roll dice to mix random ingredients? I’ve been thinking about experimenting, but I wouldn’t know where to start since I’ve got so many flavors and textures ingrained in my brain to venture into new territory.

Thats kinda what I do…I just throw alot of things together wondering if they’ll mesh well. I mean it takes some common sense, I.E. dont put a tablespoon of salt or hot sauce on your chocolate bar…but other than that it just takes some thinking and digging around…

I’ve currently got a batch of healthy ice cream in the freezer, I’ll let ya’ll know how it is later tonight.

Today, I smashed the cauliflower right after a steamed it by just hammering away at it in a plastic bag with a can. I’d use a rolling pin but I didn’t have one. I thought it’d be a good way to smooth it out a bit before putting it in the blender.

Rattler what your gonna make sounds pretty damn good. I love vanilla+peanut butter.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I mean it takes some common sense, I.E. dont put a tablespoon of salt or hot sauce on your chocolate bar…[/quote]

Actually, one of the best chocolate bars I’ve ever had was chile and chocolate. There’s also a chile and cherry chocolate bar, but didn’t get to try that one.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:

Rattler what your gonna make sounds pretty damn good. I love vanilla+peanut butter.[/quote]

Food is my life, I’m always full of good ideas :smiley:

Cooking is really easy, it makes me laugh when people can’t.

As for the other guy, coming up with good ideas shouldn’t really be hard. Just experiment, not EVERYTHING will be good. Take things you like and put them together. Just make sure one flavour will mix with the other.

Look at regular foods that are good. Hell, look at chocolate bars… that’s the easiest.

Eg: Snickers.
Choclate, peanuts, caramel.
What can you use to supplement those 4 sexy tastes?
Chocolate protein powder, all natural peanut butter and honey.

Even a pizza can be made into a 1/2 healthy meal.
Whole grain crust (make it if you can’t find it)
Home made tomato sauce
Low fat cheese
Some sort of lower fat meat than pepperoni
Add vegies and enjoy

Dayum I’m hungry

Ready for this?

I remember once in college I was forcing myself to eat tuna and cottage cheese.

Here’s what I did:
In a blender I added…

tuna
cottage cheese
flax oil
milk
protein powder

Put on my nose plugs and jugged away.
Even with the nose plugs, it just got in my mouth and I threw up all over in the sink…

I threw up in my mouth reading that.

That shake that CW suggested is freaking delicious, although it does look like vomit, i drank one every morning last summer when i had to be at my summer job at 6 in the morning, everyone thought i was crazy, but i added a good bit of muscle that summer.

But i also drink tuna+diet coke shakes… and tuna/V-8 shakes, they are delicous, they taste like a stuffed tomato.

–JB

Your a sick bastard.

I like your snickers replacement idea rattler. That got me hungry! This actually could turn into a decent thread, if we could come up with some good ideas. As weird as the cauliflower shake sounds, I think I’ll make it tomorrow with my PB & Eggs.

I like that idea tico, we should get the title changed to something along the lines of

“Weird But good Food”

Or you know something that suggest this thread is for strange or off beat recipes, we could start with the PB eggs and cauliflower milkshake along with snickers replacement and stuff, I could even throw up my anabolic pumpkin pie recipe (high protein and good carb/fiber, low fat)

This could turn into a good thread…

Mods? Step in with a name change?

Maybe…“Offbeat Recipes”
or “Weird n’ Tasty”

lol ghey.

Haha. I like Weird n’ Tasty lol. I’m going to look around and find some things to throw together randomly. What’s that pumpkin pie recipe you got Swole? I’ve got to run by the grocery store tomorrow as it is, and that sounds intriguing.