The Perfect Male & Female Bodies, According to AI

:pray: Iā€™m honored, my good man! :+1:

1 Like

One issue Iā€™ve always had with eating disorder groups like the The Bulimia Project is this: most seem to think that ANY attempt to get fit, lose fat, etc. is a quick pathway to an eating disorder. As in, thereā€™s nothing between being fat and starving yourself. Itā€™s like assuming thereā€™s nothing between dehydration and dilutional hyponatremia.

The physiques represented in these two AI images arenā€™t that difficult to obtain, and theyā€™re healthy. If someone gets an eating disorder because of them, Iā€™d say they have other, deeper issues going on.

What would probably surprise these eating disorder organizations is that weight training has cured a lot of former anorexics and bulimics. The person gets into lifting and realizes that muscle looks good and that itā€™s fun to do stuff with that muscle, like lift heavy things. Then they realize that not eating doesnā€™t help with building muscle and performing well. Instead, these groups see any attempt to get fit as some sort of social problem or red flag.

Iā€™ve even seen some coaches and respected fitness experts fall into this trap, which all lives under the woke umbrella. Like female coaches talking about how being fat is healthy, etc. and all the while THEY are doing everything they can to not be fat. Itā€™s really quite evil and repugnant.

All that aside, the AI images gathered from popular social media accounts represent the usual biological beauty standards: symmetry, youth, and the general appearance of good health. Not too surprising given the source dataā€¦

No, wait. I need attention: As a middle-age, bald, kinda-pale guy, I donā€™t feel seen! Tell me Iā€™m pretty!!! (Am I doing it right?)

4 Likes

Wait for the incoming backlash: AI is pushing white supremacy.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing. One could argue that most people, at least most Americans, donā€™t look like them but most could.

2 Likes

One of my favorite self-motivational quotes (which I think I borrowed from Charles Staley): Donā€™t be most people. Because todayā€™s average is quite below average.

Not much we can do about our ugly mugs, but we can at least not be fat and generally healthy/functional.

7 Likes

In todayā€™s world, unwilling and unable mean the same thing.

2 Likes

The girlā€™s boobs are like an optical illusion, I canā€™t tell if theyā€™re small or huge.

I agree. These things donā€™t just occur in a vacuum, but these groups seem to blaze right past that in order to grab a headline or provide a nice dose of validation at the expense of others.

From this topic, Iā€™ve determined that I will most likely never be able to have a serious relationship with artificial intelligence.

There go all my ā€œFuturama-esqueā€ fantasiesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not fat, but it would take an unhealthy amount of effort to maintain the leaness of the woman in the photo.

For reference, when I was that lean, I definitely wasnā€™t healthy and people here were always telling me to go on a bulk

3 Likes

Maybe the AI was having trouble working out what was a push-up, or what was real or not. It looks like it had similar struggles with the eyebrows.

1 Like

Just my two cents. I think many and perhaps most individuals with a good physique that are past a certain age (somewhere around early 20s), could be diagnosed with some sort of eating disorder or body image disorder.

If you refuse to eat certain foods, if you see yourself as less muscular or fatter than your actually are, if you get depressed by missing training, or feel guilty after a milk shake, those things could all be considered a disorder by some (including professionals).

I have a buddy that used to be about 115 lbs, now he is about 210 lbs. He had anorexia. Iā€™ve seen pictures (didnā€™t know him at the time), and he looked terrible. Now he looks much healthier, and is even willing to go up in body fat for strength (he is a powerlifter).

1 Like

I guess women are mysterious, even to computers.

3 Likes

@Dani_Shugart thinks you are beautiful and thatā€™s all that matters.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve seen this too. We sometimes use stock images in articles. Our provider now offers generative AI images, and theyā€™re hit or miss. Generative AI (vs. discriminative AI) develops new data or content based on previous data.

And apparently, just like real artists, hands are hard to draw. Here are some generative AI examples; some are pretty funny when you look close:

And hereā€™s one to give insecure men a body image disorder. I mean, I donā€™t think all of these core muscles even exist. :smiley:

8 Likes

True enough. But I think ā€œskipping fast foodā€ would be a pretty mild eating disorder. :smiley:

[Dusting off my psychology degree] A lot of times, things become official disorders when they become destructive or disruptive to physical health, life in general, emotional health, or the lives of others.

So, as an example, letā€™s say a guy wants to maximize his physique so he dabbles with steroids. If heā€™s doing it in the healthiest way possible (tricky), doesnā€™t drain his familyā€™s bank account doing it, doesnā€™t skip work to train and get fired, doesnā€™t ruin his marriage doing it, and doesnā€™t use that extra muscle to hurt or dominate others, then we could say he doesnā€™t have a ā€œdisorder.ā€ Dude just wants a little more muscle than his genetics allow.

But if he obsesses over it, using enough to damage his health, hurt his relationships, etc. etc. then we could say he has some disorder or another.

Same with diet, and this is where the eating disorder organizations get weird. They see Person A and Person B as disordered:

Person A needs to lose fatā€¦ like really needs too. Avoids junk food, counts calories for a while, feels bad when they mess up.

Person B needs to lose fat too. Avoids junk food, counts calories obsessively (even in toothpaste), feels bad when they mess up, pukes it up, drops calories lower, lives on a treadmill, loses a relationship when the other person points out the problem, loses the excess fat but wants to be smaller and smaller, health declines.

Person A doesnā€™t have a disorder. Person B obviously does.

From a bodybuilding perspective, it can also be both. Iā€™ve known pro bodybuilders who are very stable and have no observable disorders. They just love the sport. And Iā€™ve known some that are clearly troubled in all the various classical ways youā€™d expect.

1 Like

Amen and thank God above for that!

3 Likes

Lieutenant Danā€¦

I look forward to the article on the benefits of this exercise.

8 Likes

Screw it. I asked AI to create one.

Title: Exploring the Unique Benefits of the ā€œImpaled Squatā€ Exercise

Introduction

In the ever-evolving world of fitness, new exercise variations continuously emerge to challenge and engage our bodies in different ways. One such exercise gaining attention is the ā€œImpaled Squat,ā€ a hybrid movement that combines elements of the Zercher squat and deadlift while positioning the barbell directly through the middle of your legs, creating a distinctive and intense workout experience. In this article, we will delve into the benefits of this unconventional exercise and explore how it can enhance your strength, stability, and overall fitness.

The Impaled Squat Technique

The Impaled Squat, as its name suggests, involves positioning the barbell in front of your legs and then passing it through the middle of your legs to rest inside your upper thighs. This positioning challenges your body to maintain balance and stability while executing the movement, targeting various muscle groups simultaneously. The technique combines the benefits of both the Zercher squat and the deadlift, providing a unique stimulus to your muscles and nervous system.

Benefits of the Impaled Squat

1. Core Strength and Stability: The Impaled Squat places a significant demand on your core muscles, including the abdominal muscles, obliques, and spinal erectors. This exercise challenges your core to stabilize your torso while simultaneously supporting the weight of the barbell. As a result, your core strength and stability are greatly improved, which can enhance your performance in other compound exercises and daily activities.
  2. Quadriceps and Glute Development: The positioning of the barbell in the Impaled Squat heavily engages the quadriceps and gluteal muscles. The quadriceps act as primary movers during the squatting portion of the exercise, while the gluteal muscles provide additional power and stability. Regular practice of the Impaled Squat can lead to enhanced leg and glute development, improving lower body strength and aesthetics.
  3. Upper Back and Forearm Engagement: Holding the barbell in front of your legs requires a strong grip and engages the muscles of the upper back and forearms. As you perform the Impaled Squat, your upper back muscles, such as the trapezius and rhomboids, work to maintain an upright posture, contributing to overall back strength and stability. Additionally, your forearms get a significant workout from supporting the barbell, leading to improved grip strength.
  4. Improved Functional Strength: The Impaled Squat challenges your body in a unique way, promoting functional strength and carryover to real-life movements. The exercise mimics the act of lifting or carrying heavy objects between your legs, which can improve your performance in activities such as lifting furniture, moving equipment, or even sports that require explosive lower body power.
  5. Enhanced Body Awareness and Coordination: The Impaled Squat requires a heightened sense of body awareness and coordination due to the unusual positioning of the barbell. As you strive to maintain balance and proper form throughout the exercise, your mind-muscle connection strengthens, improving overall coordination. This increased body awareness can translate into better performance in various athletic endeavors and everyday activities.

Safety Considerations

As with any exercise, safety should be a priority when performing the Impaled Squat. It is essential to start with lighter weights and focus on mastering proper technique before increasing the load. Always maintain an upright posture, engage your core, and use controlled movements throughout the exercise. If you are unsure about your form or experience any discomfort, consult with a qualified fitness professional to ensure correct execution and minimize the risk of injury.

Conclusion

While the Impaled Squat may seem unconventional at first glance, it offers a range of benefits that can enhance your strength, stability, and overall fitness. By incorporating this unique exercise into your training routine, you can target multiple muscle groups

8 Likes