T Nation

The Outsiders Book

it has been a long time since i read the book, but i was just thinking about it. i could be wrong of course, but wasnt the moral of the story that just because you are cruel to some people, as long as you are nice to people of your own kind then you are still a good person?

nobody here has ever been to high school? required reading i hear

[quote]eremesu wrote:
nobody here has ever been to high school? required reading i hear[/quote]

It’s not required reading in my high school, not even my middle school. Or maybe it’s because I’m not in the normal classes. Anyways, I heard that book was pretty easy to read.

basic human qualities exist across all social boundaries

[quote]eremesu wrote:
it has been a long time since i read the book, but i was just thinking about it. i could be wrong of course, but wasnt the moral of the story that just because you are cruel to some people, as long as you are nice to people of your own kind then you are still a good person?[/quote]

Wait a minute. Are you talking about the book by Colin Wilson, the one by Susan E Hinton or Albert Camus’ “L’�?tranger” which usually appears as “The Stranger” in english editions but also sometimes appears at “The Outsider”?

If it’s high school reading, it’s the S.E. Hinton novel

The one written by the teenage girl. i dont know if it is required reading. ive never been to high school