The Other Side Of T-Life

Dont let my name fool you, I just dont like the new t set up. I want to offer some readers the other side of the game. I have grown into this field since the age of 14 now 27, hardcore lifting and becoming a strength coach\trainer since the age of 17 before things were blown up and trendy. I spent what seems the major part of my life, researching,coaching and pushing my self to new limits. For many many years I carried my food with me never ever missed meals weighed,counted and measured everything, followed probably 10 different diets depending on my goals rotating and experimenting with everything. I went years without desert, never drank anything, lived life waiting for that next leg workout, amassing many hardcore steroid free lifts and amazing physique accomplishments and helped many people achieve there goals.I know thats the way life goes discipline and mastery were inbedded into my head deeply from my football days. SLEEP, EAT, TRAIN, RUN, REST, REPEAT. I can remember going skiing with my girlfriend, waking up at 5am hitting the gym so I wouldn’t miss my legday. I remember not wanting to travel for long periods so I wouldn’t miss food or training. Dont get me wrong I was happy and quite proud of my life. Well that was until I took a couple side steps, one was a stomach ailment that curtailed my training for about a year, watching my physique fall to malnourishment without choice. This caused me to seek out a new set of diet and principles, fasting and green juicing, yoga and meditation. Through these methods I reset my body and during this year i fell more into art, poetry, and ancient mythology. 3 yrs later One of the greatest things I have noticed is my bodys ability to not lose muslce despite protein and mealconsumption. I think that on the clock eating patterns are overated taking the freedom out of many peoples lives , especially protein consumption(mainly a business).l I let my bodys protein consumption sometimes fall to none and mainly have developed the patterns to listen to my body internally crave food instead of the experts or based on my environment (availability). learning to let the mind relax and not get paranoid about missed meals and calories’macronutrients is something I never thought would take place. Now I even smoke, drink red wine often, and have seen my body take a better natural form to it. I travel alott,walk,hike do things like nunchuks or nothing at all. I have to say it is blisful freedom when you can taste that other side of the game without mental remorse and maintain your physique. Cutting my consumption down and keeping my mind at ease has seen my body look better than ever, very proportioned and mmost of all I look even younger than five years ago i’m only 27 but many notice a difference. My waste maintains at what I fought to keep it at. This is by no mean genetics cause I am quite the opposite. I would only recommend this to those of us who have trained drug free for 8 to 10 yrs maxing out many powerlifts and pushing the envelop. I lookforward in the next year to my body being fully reset and with a new outlook on training. I now its a scary thought to many but to any stuck or subconsciously trapped I urge you to look to the otherside.

I respect that but here’s a concept you don’t seem to like to practice. Making all of your rambling thoughts into properly composed paragraphs. Or is that too regimented as well :wink:

I tried to read it, but I kept getting lost and reading the same line over and over. Try hitting the damn enter button every once in a while. It makes nice little way-points so idiots like me won’t get lost as easy.

To Napoleon Dynamite’s Cousin turned Beavis and Butthead’s teacher -

Deep man…really deep.

Alright, someone pass the PWO P&C meal. I should have had this 6 minutes ago!!!

AA

I’m just going to call bullshit on your retarded ass.

Everybody knows there’s no “magic” to getting results. You lift, eat, rest, get big. All the great contributors on this site research like mad to come up with protocols to help athletes, bodybuilders, and whoever else that wants to get bigger and stronger.

You hate T-mag? Well, then get the fuck out, Soy Boy.

I think we should reserve the bullshit call until we see pictures.

So what are you saying???

It sounds like you have swung from one polar opposite to the other.Sometimes (most times) life does not have just one other side. I’m not sure how much you have looked around this site,but the people are many and varied.Life is also multi-faceted. My goal is to train hard as part of the enjoyment of the many facets of my life.The time spent in the gym leads to many benefits in other areas.It seems to me at times that to focus too much on one aspect of life is to neglect another,whether it is work, lifting family, or any other, the key is ballance.

Wow. You drink and smoke, huh? someone sounds enlightened…

I hope as I get wiser, I too will be able to pick up vices. I hear they make you happy, and look younger.

[quote]ih8temyself wrote:
I let my bodys protein consumption sometimes fall to none

Now I even smoke, drink red wine often, and have seen my body take a better natural form to it. I travel alott,walk,hike do things like nunchuks or nothing at all.[/quote]

Sometimes you consume absolutely no protein? huh?

And you smoke? Does that make you cool? What exactly was I supposed to learn from this nonsense?

Anyway, after reading the ‘nunchucks’ part I’m pretty sure you’re just pulling this out of your ass…

JMB

[quote]dond1esel wrote:
I think we should reserve the bullshit call until we see pictures.[/quote]

Man, did you READ his garbage. There’s no magic to all of this. How is he actually going to look BETTER from meditation, yoga, smoking, drinking, no weightlifting and crappy diet?

Validate yourself and provide some pictures Soy Boy!

that’s what im talkin bout. i made mad gains by eating one moderate meal a day seven hours post workout. genetics? some of it, sure.

but many people fail to realize that one of the most efficient ways to gain muscle is to eat nothing long enough for your body to become really efficient at using what it gets. there are many different ways to do things.

despite providing a helluva lot of awesome advice and supps, Biotest and T-contributers are not the exclusive holy grail of health and strength and conditioning.

oboffill, you got a favorite mifune role?

[quote]ih8temyself wrote:
Now I even smoke, drink red wine often, and have seen my body take a better natural form to it.[/quote]

I see a lot of pople with “natural” forms who look like shit. Most of them built that “natural” form by doing exactly what you just listed. I personally have no desire to look that “natural”. My goal is to stand out from the quarter pounder built physiques that are crammed into every facet of life lately. Being like that doesn’t make you stronger. Giving in to every whim and temptation doesn’t increase fortitude or nurture power and self control. I didn’t even read your whole post because your ramblings sort of got screwed up somewhere around bong hit #6. My suggestion…type, then smoke. Keep it in that order and things should be all good.

C’mon, Vroom…we’re waiting…

MicroSlash

A statement on grammar: Use it!

I’m sick of seeing blatant grammatic and spelling mistakes throughout emails and forum posts. Also “Waste” is that which you dispose of, “Waist” is that bit around your mid section.

Aside from that are you basically saying that you have found balance in your life? If so, cudos to you. There is a life outside of the gym that everyone has to live. I found that instead of taking up smoking and drinking (hey I always drank) I started playing sports. Better for you, realigns your mental aspect, and makes you realise that a 140kg bench press means nothing chasing a pig skin.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
I’m just going to call bullshit on your retarded ass.

Everybody knows there’s no “magic” to getting results. You lift, eat, rest, get big. All the great contributors on this site research like mad to come up with protocols to help athletes, bodybuilders, and whoever else that wants to get bigger and stronger.

You hate T-mag? Well, then get the fuck out, Soy Boy.[/quote]

Hey man, he only said he did not like the new T setup, not that it was bullshit or anything! Everybody deserves an opinion. Perhaps we should think about his words and see of anything that could relates to our lives.

One of the great things of T-Nation is their will to understands various principles around training and stuff. This should reflects on everyone on this forum. Maybe you should try to do the same. Just a thought.

[quote]Wideguy wrote:
I respect that but here’s a concept you don’t seem to like to practice. Making all of your rambling thoughts into properly composed paragraphs. Or is that too regimented as well ;-)[/quote]

Hahahahahaha! Amen man! Shit! While reading all that crammed together I had to rewet my contacts 3 times! I lost my place where I was reading 5 times!

Your right in some of what you said. We need to make sure we leave some for living life! I remember coming home often from working out or playing ball or BOTH & being too tired to fool around w/ my wife! She would always get on my ass about all I do is workout! And I would always be on her ass to come & workout w/ me!

We ended up spliting. For you singles guys out there; find a girl that has your same interests, like working out. I personally love working out 6 days a week; not all bodybuilding but some b-ball here some boxing there or tennis. I think it’s a great life style & it should be a way of life.

I truly believe that frequent meals do make a difference. ESPECIALLY a mid-night protein shake. When I take that I do grow.

What kind of smoking r u talking about? Puff the magic dragon?

I don’t know boys??? He’s got nunchuck skills. WATCH THE FUCK OUT! LMAO.

[quote]oboffill wrote:

You hate T-mag? Well, then get the fuck out, Soy Boy.[/quote]

Ha! Best one liner I’ve read in 2 weeks! I’m still smiling!

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
that’s what im talkin bout. i made mad gains by eating one moderate meal a day seven hours post workout. genetics? some of it, sure.

but many people fail to realize that one of the most efficient ways to gain muscle is to eat nothing long enough for your body to become really efficient at using what it gets. there are many different ways to do things.

despite providing a helluva lot of awesome advice and supps, Biotest and T-contributers are not the exclusive holy grail of health and strength and conditioning.

oboffill, you got a favorite mifune role?[/quote]

Aw shit, you know what? You’re right! In high school, I weighed about 145 13% BF eating 50g of protein a day and, although I was strong, I had zero muscles. I used to wonder why I looked like shitstick.

Then I read T-Mag.

Now I’m much better looking, although I haven’t trained all that hard yet.

But you know, what the fuck do I know.

Since you’re so fucking brilliant, I’m going to eat one meal a day and get HYUUUUUGE.