The Obamas on Cover of New Yorker

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
My point is that the satire doesn’t work because Obama’s links to radicalism aren’t absurd.

They aren’t? Because he happens to be friendly with Weatherman?

Anyhow, his wife is portrayed as the radical, while he’s the Muslim, which is something that is patently false, but 1/8 voters (according to a poll I saw) believes.[/quote]

7/8 do not believe.

He was a muslim before he converted, no?

OBAMA IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN A MUSLIM
Obama never prayed in a mosque. He has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ.

Los Angeles Times: The Rumors About Obama Are “False And Vile.”

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_has_never_been_a_muslim_1.php#obama-not-muslim

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
He was a muslim before he converted, no?

Obama never prayed in a mosque. He has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ.

Los Angeles Times: The Rumors About Obama Are “False And Vile.”

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_has_never_been_a_muslim_1.php#obama-not-muslim

[/quote]

Not according to Muslims.

[i]

There are two types of apostates according to sharia (Islamic law) and the Hadith (sayings of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him).

The first type is murtad milli, one who converted to Islam and later renounced the faith. The second, and most egregious, type is murtad fitri. It refers to a person born of a Muslim father who renounces his birthright. Two recent examples of the latter are Magdi Allam (a male Egyptian who converted to Catholicism in Italy) and Ayaan Hirsi Ali (Somali-born woman who’s now an atheist). Both now face death threats.

According to Islamic jurisprudence, children of a Muslim father - even an apparently nonpracticing one, such as Obama’s father, and irrespective of the mother’s faith - are automatically Muslims. Most Muslims around the world agree: A child of a Muslim father is a Muslim. Period.

[/i]

Regardless, he never “converted” as you claimed.

Obama never prayed in a mosque.
He was not raised a Muslim.

[/quote]

He was born a Muslim according to Muslim law. He was not born a Christian. He was baptized as an adult in 1988. This is a conversion from a non-practicing Muslim to Christianity. I do not see how this can be disputed.

[/quote]

Barack Hussein Obama was born a Muslim according to Muslim law. He was not born a Christian. He was baptized as an adult in 1988. This is a conversion from a non-practicing Muslim to Christianity. I do not see how this can be disputed.

Excellent!

The very people the New Yorker was making fun of in this issue’s cover, are showing up on this thread.

This is priceless.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Excellent!

The very people the New Yorker was making fun of in this issue’s cover, are showing up on this thread.

This is priceless.[/quote]

What are you rambling about? We know he is not a Muslim now. He is an apostate. Now go away.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama was born a Muslim according to Muslim law. He was not born a Christian. He was baptized as an adult in 1988. This is a conversion from a non-practicing Muslim to Christianity. I do not see how this can be disputed.[/quote]

I didn’t realize you followed Muslim law. I certainly don’t.

lixy wrote:
Excellent!

This is priceless.

What are you rambling about? We know he is not a Muslim now. He is an apostate. Now go away. [/quote]

Holy shit! Zap is a Muzlim!

Zap Branigan wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama was born a Muslim according to Muslim law. He was not born a Christian. He was baptized as an adult in 1988. This is a conversion from a non-practicing Muslim to Christianity. I do not see how this can be disputed.

I didn’t realize you followed Muslim law. I certainly don’t. [/quote]

Try it. It is scary stuff.

Gambit_Lost wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama was born a Muslim according to Muslim law. He was not born a Christian. He was baptized as an adult in 1988. This is a conversion from a non-practicing Muslim to Christianity. I do not see how this can be disputed.[/quote]

He was not a Muslim in any sense that an American Christian would recognize. The argument you are making (originally aired by Edward Luttwak, in the NYT I think) is either silly or deliberately deceptive.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

He was not a Muslim in any sense that an American Christian would recognize. The argument you are making (originally aired by Edward Luttwak, in the NYT I think) is either silly or deliberately deceptive.[/quote]

He is a Muslim according to Muslim law and tradition, just as the offspring of a Jewish mother is Jewish.

I am not sure how anyone can see it any other way.

I am not sure how anyone could relate genetics to faith.

And I’m one of those “scary” Muslims.

Wait, so he’s actually a CHRISTIAN?

Hell, now the liberals have even MORE reason not to vote for him. Too bad that if they don’t, they will hate themselves for being racists…

One hell of a quandry.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I am not sure how anyone could relate genetics to faith.
[/quote]
And yet they do.

[quote]

And I’m one of those “scary” Muslims.[/quote]

Do you deny this is part of Islam?

Your attempts to hide from this are very illuminating.

Does his website actually state he was NOT a Muslim?

GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

He was not a Muslim in any sense that an American Christian would recognize. The argument you are making (originally aired by Edward Luttwak, in the NYT I think) is either silly or deliberately deceptive.

He is a Muslim according to Muslim law and tradition, just as the offspring of a Jewish mother is Jewish.

I am not sure how anyone can see it any other way.

[/quote]

Now you’re being deliberately obtuse. As I said, he was not a Muslim in any sense that a Christian would recognize as being an adherent of a faith. The charge that Obama is a former or crypto-Muslim is being made in bad faith, to somehow impute sympathy to Islamic extremism to him, just like the Hamas “endorsement.”

But then, you’re the guy who won’t let go on Kerry’s freakin Purple Heart.