The Oatmeal Hate Thread.

Almost nothing can make me as tired as oatmeal does. Mind you when I eat oatmeal I usually eat about 1.5 cups. So it could be that the glycemic load of that many carbs is just too high for me.

How can you blame oatmeal?

Did you replace the carbs with other carbs?

if not, you basically reduced your carb intake along with calories which will lead to fat loss.

sorry if you mentioned it already, I only read your 1st post

[quote]blue_star_cadet wrote:
I’ve been eating oatmeal daily for months now, with no other carbs - is it going to fuck me up that bad? I have noticed increased weight gain and water retention, but I thought that was because I was eating more overall…[/quote]

is this serious or a joke

I don’t mind oatmeal, but I don’t really eat it very often.

Oatmeal rules. it is currently the only grain I am eating.

Fuck oatmeal, try black beans. Who doesn’t like fried eggs w/ black beans and big ass glass of milk in the morning?

I used to eat oatmeal pancakes (1 cup oatmeal, 8 egg whites, 1 packet Splenda, & top w/ 2 tbls All Fruit) everyday for about 6 months. Then one day, I was eating my breakfast & I got that FEELING! I told my wife to get out of the bathroom & I was hugging the porcelean god for dear mercy! I haven’t had oatmeal or egg whites since, I have a couple slices of Ezekial bread, 3 whole (free-range) eggs & coffee these days & no problems managing my waistline. Forget the oatmeal!!!

[quote]Seinix wrote:
blue_star_cadet wrote:
I’ve been eating oatmeal daily for months now, with no other carbs - is it going to fuck me up that bad? I have noticed increased weight gain and water retention, but I thought that was because I was eating more overall…

is this serious or a joke[/quote]

Everyone is taking oatmeal super seriously, so yeah, it’s a bit of a joke. Although I have noticed a lot of water retention recently, with very few carbs other than oatmeal.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
How can you blame oatmeal?

Did you replace the carbs with other carbs?

if not, you basically reduced your carb intake along with calories which will lead to fat loss.

sorry if you mentioned it already, I only read your 1st post[/quote]

I’ve started to eat fruit in place of the oats and I can already see a difference. Those fuckers are evil. EVIL.

I used to love oatmeal. Excellent pre-workout food. I am starting to get sick of it now though, I have to force myself to eat it sometimes.

Step one: Add cinnamon and nutmeg with the oats when you add to water

Step two: Mix a scoop of Metabolic Drive with about 1/4 cup of water and mix that into your oatmeal

Step three: Consume with gusto

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
One week of eating a normal amount of oatmeal is not gonna add an inch of belly fat. Maybe some water and a little fat…but an INCH?[/quote]

I’m guessing, an inch is probably an overestimate. I was eating 1c with breakfast, and that was the same week I went from 6 abs to 2 abs and gained four pounds. If it had been mostly water, I would have lost it when I dropped the oatmeal, but I just went back to gaining weight normally.

Would I have lost the abs eventually anyway? Yes, but the oatmeal definitely sped up the process.

Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal isn’t REAL oatmeal, it’s rolled oats. No wonder you hate this slop, it’s nothing but processed carbs, and does NOT contain the whole grain of the oat.

Rolled oats (regular or old-fashioned) are oat groats that have been steamed and rolled, reducing the cooking time to approximately 15 minutes. Rolled oats digest faster so the insulin spike from the carbs hits sooner because the grain is processed, and the outer groat is removed by the steaming process.

Look for steel cut oats, sometimes called Irish oatmeal. This is the real thing, the whole grain, with all the benefits of high fiber to slow down the carb absorption and keep insulin level. The downside is that it takes at least 30 minutes to cook, but it’s worth it.

[quote]Vegg wrote:
I eat my oats raw with milk. So much better than that slimy cooked stuff. [/quote]

I thought I was the only one that did this. with hand full of blueberries
this is when I am not low-carbing it

I hate the texture of cooked oats.