T Nation

The Non-Athlete Asks About Test and GH

*** Disclaimer: I tend to write long messages. First part is background info. Last part finally gets to my questions. ***

Hello. I am not an athlete. Not a bodybuilder. I was always a short, frail, skinny kid - who grew up into a fat, weak adult. Now middle-aged and dealing with all sorts of health problems. I am tempted to blame certain things on heredity, but honestly, I should have taken better care of myself - not that I have not tried over the years.

Atkins diet. Vegetable juice diets. P90X - which gave me really skinny legs. I take thyroid and blood pressure medication. My resting heart rate has always been very high - even when I was young. Paid a bunch of money to doctors. Tried physical therapy, yoga, acupuncture, and chiropractic care.

Quite familiar with the gym, but never really lost fat or gained muscle - just was really tired and sore all the time. I had spine surgery last year and still deal with chronic pain in my hamstring - apparently due to pinched nerves that are still damaged.

It has been about a year now since I saw (for lack of a better term) an anti-aging doctor. Had blood drawn and he said I had low testosterone. At first I took test, then later added sermorelin. I had a strange reaction to the sermorelin where I would get really hot and sweaty. Doc said it was a reaction to one of the peptides. Not dangerous, just inconvenient. I just finished one month of Norditropin.

Once my test levels were better, I felt better than I had in years. After just one month of norditropin, I actually had some muscle growth in my arms and shoulders. Doc said I would not notice a change that soon, but I swear I know what it is. Never been able to build muscle otherwise. (Just still have this fat gut, but that is another issue).

The clinic is an hour away - tough to get there with my work schedule. Although I would love to continue with my current treatment, it is expensive. Especially the norditropin - very, very expensive. He will not give me a written script that I can take elsewhere. Have to get refills through the clinic.

From what I have read, if I can get a script in hand, I can:
1. Order online (although most online pharmacies are untrustworthy).
2. If I order online from Canada, even with a script, it is illegal to ship to the US.
3. If I order online from Mexico, I have to have a script from a Mexican doctor AND a US script... but can only use the meds if I live there. Still illegal to ship to the US.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of the above. Even if I can order online with a valid script, and not have to worry about breaking the law, I cannot seem to figure out how to find a doctor willing to give me a script. Even with a valid blood test, these mens health clinics want their markup. Understandable, I guess. Medicine or not, it is also a business.

Is there any way I can save money on my current regimen while remaining legal? Any online doc that is legitimate? Any US-based online pharmacies that carry what I use for a reasonable cost?

Thank you - best of luck in your health and fitness goals.

Please get up to speed with the stickies. There are seven.

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • thyroid basics - post body temperatures - are you iodine deficient.
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

List all drugs, Rx [OTC and supplements] and how you take them.

Where are you located?

Labs we need posted with ranges:
IGF-1 before and now
fasting cholesterol
fasting glucose
pulse and blood pressure

Please note everything in this post. Do read the stickies, there is a lot of material.

There are gray market sources of hGH that are affordable. No one will post sources in this forum and there are no PM’s. So you are on your own.

Most guys here are not athletes. Just guys like you.