The NFL Draft

Well, I do not see a repeat in the Patriots. For some reason, deep down inside, I cannot see them pulling out another Super Bowl. Hey, what about Bledsoe in Buffalo?

Maybe St. Louis can win it this year. And while I am a Niners fan, I'm hoping the Raiders go all the way. But , wait, they don't have Gruden anymore, right? Hey, who took over Dungy's spot for Tampa? Hmm, I still got questions so that means I'm gonna have to check out www.nfl.com (wooo hoo! football fix!)....

Detroit blew their third pick on Harrington. He is way overrated. A productive college QB who has below average mobility and an average arm for the NFL. He can be a starter in the league but that’s about it, and it’ll take awhile. Props to Dallas for trading down and still getting the best player in the draft, Roy Williams. Also, they got possibly the best receiver in the draft, Antonio Bryant, at 63, and a first round guard, Andre Gurode, at 37. With their free agent additions, Hardy and Glover, plus their draft, they have improved themselves this offseason more than any other team.

Spurrier’s offense won’t have to put up too many points with the Redskins having one of the best defensive minds in the game, an All-Pro caliber LB core, and experience in the secondary and the line. Will the “East Coast Offense” - the old Fun 'N Gun - do well on this level? I don’t think it will have to.

To Patricia: Gruden took over Tony Dungy’s spot for Tampa Bay. I don’t think you will have to worry to much about your team, the 49’ers. I think they will be better this year. They still are a young team and I think they will be competing with the Rams and Packers for the NFC.

To Mufasa: I don’t really see the Patriots winning the superbowl this year. But then again they proved everyone wrong last football season.

If you’re correct that Harrington has below average mobility and only an average arm, that still makes him the best Lions QB in several decades:)

Detroit didn’t blow their pick. Do any of you people that say that, read any of the draft publications? Or do you just believe you are all much better at scouting talent then the men paid millions to do so?

Gruden is the Coach in Tampa now Patricia, and the former Raiders Offensive Coordinator has stepped into the HC spot for the Raiders.

absolutely agree with that pnfdog,
why do teams even draft a quarterback anyway? its to much of a longshot…with a defensive player, ya know exactly what your getting…I always thought it made better sense to get a QB threw free agency…your gonna pay the big bucks drafting a qb in the first round anyway, why not get a guy thats already proven himself in the NFL

Thanks, guys! And you know, I liked Gruden, I was hoping he would actually stay through his contract with the Raiders. Oh well.

JasonL: Woo Hoo! I hear ya! And they (Niners) were STILL doin' well last season, despite a young team! Oh oh, I better hold my excitement down *hush hush*, Ko is a Cowboys fan......eeeks.

Gruden and Tampa Bay: I think they may be a factor this season. I believe in Gruden’s abilities as a coach. A good, well-rounded coach was their missing factor. NOW they have a good one - so look out. Patricia :wink:

Hey Jake, lighten up buddy. I’m not an expert but I follow college and pro football and the draft pretty closely. I just don’t think Harrington has the physical tools needed to succeed in the NFL. The fact is well over 50% of the quarterbacks drafted early in the first round are disappointments. In the last 10 years I can think of Andre Ware, David Klingler,Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Trent Dilfer, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, all of them at least disappointing, most of them busts. Kurt Warner and Jeff Garcia, both undrafted free agents, are pro bowlers while none of the 1st round guys I mentioned are…