The Next President of the United States: IV

Oh, there’s no need for you to explain your position on this, I’m not confused by it. I understand it fine. I just think you’re naive. Or, in the alternative, you like Trump more than you’re willing to admit and are tryin to justify to the rest of us why you’re going to vote for him.

Trump doesn’t care about being primaried. The faith you place in Trump to do what you want re: courts is put on the thinnest of reeds.

Bottom line is Trump won the nomination and now many right-wingers are torturing logic to find some way - any way - to cast a vote for a professed autocrat who doesn’t understand the Constitution or even basic government and be able to sleep at night. That’s what you’re doing, as are others.

You’re free to do it, of course. But it’s weak.

You are the one who is torturing logic by assuming that Trump will not do what is in his own best interests to do. You further know nothing about playing the odds knowing that Hillary will absolutely choose left wing candidates which furthers her self interests.

Bottom line there is a chance, a good one, that Trump will keep his word on this one issue as it is a big one. There is ZERO chance Hillary will choose a conservative justice.

I am just playing the odds to my favor and you are simply hating Trump to an illogical end.

Let’s go with the first pick.

It’ll be the first real test of a Trump Presidency.

I don’t have any problem with that bet as I feel the odds are on my side. But, I have one problem with the criteria. How do we agree that the pick is a conservative. I may say he/she is and you may disagree. We need a true test to determine who is correct. A voting record that shows xyz perhaps.

Pretty much. Take a coin flip with Trump or be sure of your doom with Hillary.

Trump doesn’t care about being primaried. He’s learned that he can do what he wants and the right-wing is not going to abandon him. If we learned nothing else from the primary, it’s that.

And you keep talking up the type of judges he’s going to appoint - tell me, Zeb, where is Trump going to find these judges that are going to be fine with Roe (as Trump is and will continue to be) but will take a hard line on the Second Amendment?

You’re going to vote for him. You’ve been apologist for him during the entire process. That’s fine. Just own it.

“Libertarians For Autocrats!”

Hilarious.

Trump’s stated stances are focused on the most transformational policy that there is, immigration. Immigration is not a one and done thing, it’s multi-generational and effects everything from political preferences, culture, food you name it. Just think of the different Europeans who colonized America: the Puritans, Cavaliers, scotch/Irish, Quakers. Even hundreds of years later differences in culture exist and they are all people from the same country.

It is statically shown minorities by and large want to live in a large government nanny state where much of the economy is centrally planned. Therefore if Trump clamps down on legal immigration, deports illegal invaders, rejects refugees you will by extension of the demographics have the best opportunity to live in a free society. If you want to live in a libertarian society, you need libertarian minded people.

Minorities =/= as immigrants
immigrants =/= as illegal immigrants
immigrants from any one country (Mexico) =/= as immigrants from other countries (OECD countries or Asia)

[quote=“Aragorn, post:409, topic:218984, full:true”]

Minorities =/= as immigrants [/quote]

The majority of immigrants since the 1970’s have been non-european.

[quote=“Aragorn, post:409, topic:218984, full:true”]
immigrants =/= as illegal immigrants [/quote]

Trump has mentioned mass uncontrolled immigration as a problem (see his RNC speech).

It doesn’t matter whether they are Asian, Jewish, Sub-Saharan African, Mestizo, minorities overwhelmingly vote left.

No, more like really sad.

I agree with your premise of the ONLY reason a conservative or libertarian would vote Trump but still have not decided what I am going to do inside the voting booth. It is quite the predicament the Republicans have put us in. And to be clear, I don’t mean the GOP, but the millions of primary voters who gave us Trump.

1 Like

If you vote Trump, you’ll be stuck voting for the Trump-like nominee the next time around. The worse he loses, the less likely the Trumpmaniacs push through a Trump in the future. Voting for Trump is a vote FOR Trump.

But surely a Barry Goldwater level rout would be an unmitigated disaster? Legislative, executive and judicial branches lost all at once.

1 Like

I own voting for him I’ve said it and resaid it repeatedly. Your problem is that you hate him so much you do not see the value in keeping Hillary away from power. You would rather have the corrupt Clinton machine than Trump.

And don’t hand me that third party nonsense we are both smart enough to know that there is no third party candidate that can even finish second much less win.

You’ve said in the past that “Hillary Clinton might be better in the short and long term”.

And that is certainly fine with me but it’s time that you need to own it!

Sloth where is your “I"M WITH HER” pin?

When your gal wins and appoints just two more left wing loons we will never get the country back. You will be on these pages for years bemoaning the loss of your country and a long list of rights that will go along with it.

But…keep hating Trump that will really get you places. He is the guy you must focus on please continue.

LOL

I actually hope Hillary wins just to rub your noses in what we all know will happen.

You’re voting Trump, you lost all credibility teasing others about who they may or may not vote for.

[quote=“zeb1, post:415, topic:218984, full:true”]

Sloth where is your “I"M WITH HER” pin?[/quote]

Oh, and where is your “I’m with stupid” shirt?

LOL…and by your lack of support you are taking part in a Hillary victory. The corrupt Clinton machine back in power.

Sloth your hate for Trump has blinded you.

I have it on and it points to you.

:grinning:

I must say this is getting more childish than usual…