The Next President of the United States: IV

Manipulate the masses for what? Ted Cruz isn’t running…

Here’s the thing, he didn’t need to do this now or back then, for Indiana.

Manipulating the masses…Manipulating the masses…Hmmmm

Donald Trump. I repeat, Donald Trump, makes a list of conservative Justices.

My, you sure are confident that the expansion of torture, murdering non-combatants, and poo-pooing our commitment to Nato will make things more secure…

I get my swim gear all together take one more check on T Nation…dang I have to stop doing that…

He has already better defined his potion on NATO didn’t you suffer through his long winded scream at the RNC?

I’m not a Republican, so it isn’t a matter of faith. Regardless, the House is irrelevant for purposes of confirming judges and justices. Only the Senate does that.

Trump is going to have a bad down-ballot impact. GOP control over the Senate is in jeopardy looking at 2016 And 2020.

1 Like

Not at all a throwaway vote. Defensive voting only makes sense when there is a lesser of two evils equation in play. This year, there ain’t. I will take no direct action to give the White House to either Trump or Clinton. Neither deserve it, neither will get it.

Votes impact elections more than the current one. There’s life beyond 2016. And a mess to clean up.

1 Like

Well that is normally true but these are unique circumstances especially with the untimely death of Justice Scalia. We both know that Hillary will pick left wing Judges and that will change America for the worse for decades to come. So, it’s not business as usual “four years we can win it back and change everything” cannot be the rallying cry for voting for Harvey Swartz instead of someone who can actually win.

These are unique and dangerous times like I’ve never seen before. What hurts is I do agree with you and Sloth for the most part regarding Trump but I have no choice as I know…absolutely know… the types that Hillary will appoint to the high court.

You can come back with Trump is a liar and he will appoint left wing judges he is not dependable etc. Well, that could happen, that might happen, but with Hillary that WILL happen.

Okay, now I’m going to the beach.

Talk to you guys later

Yes and yes. Worried that conservatives would flee, Trump floats a list of conservative lawyers and judges during the campaign, and nothing but a list, and to his credit, his mass marketing worked like a charm.

Sure, a lifelong Democrat who has committed to leaving abortion alone is going to pick conservative judges.

The people who believe this are probably the same people with Trump vodka in their basements waiting on the bottles to go up in value.

I think you fail to see that if Trump does not pick conservative justices that he will suffer a primary. I don’t think Trump really has any core beliefs. Trump will do whatever helps Trump. In this case it is appointing conservative justices.

And as I have already said multiple times we know ABSOLUTELY KNOW the types of justices that the pants suit will appoint.

I don’t see the gamble on this issue.

With evidence out confirming the media is in bed with the Democrats to rig the election against Sanders and Trump in favor of Hillary, does that not want you to vote for Trump a little bit?

It’s no longer a conspiracy theory there is evidence thanks to wikileaks

Good point, but did we ever really need any evidence? Wasn’t it as plain as day that the left wing media has been in bed with the democrat party for decades and even more so over the past 25 years?

This is literally our last chance to stop the left wing from completely dominating for generations by packing the court. Yes, yes I know Trump is not the most trustworthy individual that could have been nominated but we KNOW what Hilary will do.

1 Like

Then you’re blinded by partisan naivete. Trump doesn’t give a damn about being primaried.

Trump engaged in some rapid response mass marketing to persuade GOP voters he would appoint conservatives - and you bought it, are buying it, as are the other marks touting this singular justification for supporting Trump.

I think people are most worried with the lack of predictably regarding (excluding his campaign aesthetic) Trump .

We can argue back and forth until we are blue in the face on whether he’ll appoint conservative judges but we have no history to go on as he’s been a civilian up until June 2015.

There is no argument to suggest he’ll follow through or won’t, all you really have is what he says currently and your gut feeling.

1 Like

Hilary Clinton has had the worst series of news cycles possible for a candidate. Brexit, terrorist attacks, Comey unloading on her (albeit with an odd conclusion) and the DNC leaks.

If Trump can’t make enough hay out of that to win this election, it proves how weak a candidate he is. The most milquetoast candidate would be up by a mile by now.

1 Like

True. And Trump is still trailing and still an underdog for the general. And his campaign is still unorganized.

I found what we can bet on!

I bet that, if Trump becomes President, he’ll nominate someone who is not a die-hard conservative for the Supreme Court.

Unorganised is being generous. His whole machine is a clown car operation, led by one of the least disciplined candidates ever.

1 Like

I don’t know how many different ways that I can explain it to you. Trump advanced 11 names for the Supreme Court. Each of the 11 is a solid conservative. Now you are claiming that he will not keep his word and I am saying that is certainly a possibility. I am not buying into anything. On the other hand for the 8th time we know who Hillary will pick there is no question about that. Therefore, why not gamble on Trump as he might just keep his word to impress the right wing of the party, to further his own political ambitions of a second term and yes to avoid a nasty primary fight. These are all things which help Trump. And every politician wants to help themselves first. First goal to get elected second goal to get reelected. We both know that. I have no reason to believe Trump will be any different in that regard and neither do you.

In order for Hillary to get reelected she must pander to the left and pick a left wing Judge.

This stuff is not rocket science. I will go with the person who promises a conservative judge over the person who promises a left wing judge. I don’t care if his name is Trump or Humpty Dumpty.

It’s simply the logical thing to do.

1 Like

Are you talking about his first pick to replace Scalia? I feel there will be at least a 2nd pick before four years are up.

Lol…I guess we know who Obama is voting for

1 Like

I just saw this too on the Daily Caller, just LOL