The Next President of the United States: IV

Interesting. I’ve found the same thing in an entirely different field. Given that skill sets are equal, it seems like a different perspective on application can bring about some great results.

2 Likes

Great, thematically-relevant lede here:

The Admiral Kuznetsov, Russia’s lone, rather geriatric aircraft carrier, steamed through the English Channel toward the Mediterranean Sea on Friday in the Kremlin’s latest attempt to reassert its lost superpower status.

Belching thick black smoke, the Soviet-era warship, previously known more as a threat to its crew than anything else, led a battle group of eight vessels, including an oceangoing tug that traditionally accompanies the carrier, which has a reputation for breaking down.

1 Like

Really? Man, that is one sad looking carrier.

1 Like

…and it went over like a ‘turd in the punch bowel’.

Trump said in the first 100 days in office speech he’s going to cut federal funding to sanctuary cities.

For any of you worried about the plight of illegals, this is a humane way to incentivize self-deportation.

1 Like

Incentives! Good call raj. The carrot is the American way.

The Frontier and westward expansion!

The possibility of Land Ownership was the incentive for immigrants to turn into a good Americans!

Today, the possibility of owning land seems remote. Even grown white guys live at their mom’s house.

Could we do some kind of abandoned house give away in Detroit?

1 Like

Often has to get hauled around by a tugboat. You can tell when it’s moving under its own power by how much it appears to be on fire.

4 Likes

Yeah. Sometimes I’m just startled by the complete crap that they will use. Not that it won’t do some damage, but after seeing some of the construction and refits of our fleet, I can’t help but think that they either don’t give a fuck if their people die, are absolutely broke, or both.

That thing needs to be decommissioned and turned into a skateboard park.

3 Likes

I am just hoping for an alternative. Right now my best case scenario is trump wins, has a heart attack and dies and Pence becomes president. That’s all I got.
This is the worst election ever. The 2 people running represent the worst of humanity. I am at looking at a “Hail Mary” that might spare us.

Then again, impeachment is a high probability so perhaps it may not be so bad. Thank God for checks and balances.

1 Like

I don’t defend or reject raj, but I admire his fight.
I haven’t followed the whole thing because I don’t care to get dragged into the muck. But he’s taken the best his naysayers have to offer and keeps on kicking.
This is not an endorsement just an observation.

I personally, am not going to make enemies over these candidates.
You want to talk specific policy I am in. This thread is to chaotic for that.

2 Likes

If you really want the world’s perspective, you got to go out in to the world and experience it. You’ll never get that with in U.S. borders no matter how many foreigners you know.

For all Futurama fans out there - Zapp Brannigan reads actual Trump quotes.

5 Likes

Oh my God, that might be the best thing I’ve seen all election cycle. I’m crying in laughter here.

1 Like

Did you guys hear Trump’s speech today and what he plans to do in his first 100 days of office?

Sheila Jackson Lee denounces Wikipedia

Just add that to the list of dumb shit she has said over the years.

My favorite

2 Likes

I guess you don’t have to worry too much about aircraft carriers when you are bordered up against half the world…

This struck me as a little strange that they would deploy it, seemed to do little more than offer Putin the chance to royaly embarrass himself.

To your point regarding Russian projection of military superpower status. It’s always appeared to me that Russia equates a strong economy deriving from military projection (after all the USSR did reach its peak largely on the backs of conquered satellite states). This is a bit in contrast with our typical viewpoint that our strong economic engine enables us to project our military might. Although I would have expected them to have learned a rather basic economic lesson some 3 decades ago…

2 Likes

Pretty much both, they’ve been proving it for the last century or so of conflict.

1 Like

Does anyone else think this story is a little much even if its 100% true? An adult film star voluntarily coming to your room with 2 female friends can lead to quite the misunderstanding for all parties involved.

1 Like

Who could possibly question a person with such high moral integrity.

1 Like

Get off my lawn

2 Likes