The Next President of the United States: IV

Just think of how big a liars these posters truly are. The Founding Fathers didn’t want to give blacks or native americans citizenship yet they clearly must’ve wanted people from all over the world to come to America regardless of their ethnicity.

It’s so easy to pick apart their lies.

Germans and Swedes are not British-born, right? Irish aren’t either, right?

I said a country for white people with a strong preference for British whites. The doesn’t mean only British whites.

Good post. Honestly it is probably a mix of most of those. In addition you forgot the changing face of the work force–internet, service driven economy, all the technology that we have also changes the economy of job application and success. We saw this in past generations amd centuries (John Henry vs the steam driver comes to mind) but the prevalence of social media and internet as well as 24/7 news cycle changes the dynamic.

I would wholeheartedly agree if you had written the above.

Quick Immigration summary - 5 minute read

^How on God’s green earth do you support Trump?

1 Like

No, that may have been the first place you started, but it wasn’t where you were heading. Your posts make that clear. If it HAD been, not many people wpuld have disagreed with you when you stated it in the above manner. Myself, usmc, and many others are against non-enforcement of immigration policy. Seriously, this has been discussed like every year for at least 6 or 8 years by now.

That’s not where you keep heading in your fever dreams.

LOL!! I choked on my lunch reading that. Well played.

Freed blacks at the time of the Revolutionary war:

Impossible!

2 Likes

Not to mention a lot of the Founders were in favor of outlawing slavery and calling them citizens. Opinions were so strong the nation almost wasn’t born until the 3/5ths compromise and the attendant clause that slavery could be outlawed in 20 years or so.

There’s no question the founders were men of their time instead of our time. Their genius is not that they were able to see ALL eventualities in their documents, but that they were able to see as many as they did through the mists of time.

2 Likes

Excerpts from Thomas Jefferson’s 1801 address to Congress

http://millercenter.org/president/jefferson/speeches/speech-3471

http://www.westillholdthesetruths.org/quotes/category/immigration

1 Like

also @thunderbolt23

What is the policy exactly? Do any of you have a summary statement?

I ask because if the law is to deport after given a proceeding and found wanting (guilty or whatever term), do you support deportation? And I mean even if it is millions and/or they have been here decades.

Give them Due Process and if they’re found to be breaking the law and the punishment is deportation, then deport them.

Yep, and that’s exactly the point. If the Founding Fathers established the country for the benefit of a Chosen People, they would have cemented that fundamental, bedrock principle in the Constitution to always prevail over any legislation to be passed that contradicted this important mission.

No such. They left the issue first to the states, and then to the political winds of Congress. There is no Ein Volk clause in the Constitution.

Which makes perfect sense. There was a hodge podge of immigrant groups in the colonies. Hell, the House debated translating laws into German in the 1790s.

And just to pile on, Raj keeps pushing this “British born” rubbish, but the early Founding was more influenced by the Scottish Enlightenent than anything tied to the British. So another swing and a miss by our resident dim bulb.

(@therajraj, “swing and a miss” is a baseball reference. Baseball is an American sport and is considered our national past time. Given how little you understand about American culture, I was afraid the reference would be lost in you. You’re welcome for the education.)

1 Like

This is what has ALWAYS amazed me about the Founding Fathers, TB…the things they didn’t do, although they had almost complete power to do what they wanted.

From the establishment of a “Chosen” People; a state Religion; or a ruling Monarchy (some were pushing for Washington to be King…and in todays vernacular, he essentially said: “WTF??? You guys just don’t GET it, do you”?)

Politicians today won’t even do what they know is important for the Country, out of some sense of their side “winning”.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a long shot, but “…I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good…” at this point… Something…Anything. Please Lord!

4 Likes

Question:

If it somehow went to the House…are they “forced” to pick one of the two major party candidates…or anyone of (the majorities?) choosing?

I really don’t know…

They have to pick among the top 3 vote getters. I’m not sure if that’s popular or electoral.

If I may interject - I’m not defending @therajraj but you guys have to understand where he’s coming from - virtually in all other parts of the world religion and ethnicity is a big deal and it seems he cannot shake off the old mindset in his new country.

Whether it’s Western Europe where a wrong surname quickly identifies you as being “not eligible for higher managerial positions due to cultural reasons”, to Japan where even fourth generation Koreans allegedly suffer discrimination, to Russia with it’s 19th century racism and antisemitism… everywhere else these things matter.

And consequently, censuses and demographic trends matter. That’s why in every country on ethnic and religious fault lines you’ve got rioting whenever census data is published, because it shows who’s “winning” and who’s “losing” in the demographic battle.

Obsession with demographic trends is nothing new - in Ireland there was obsession with the higher birthrate of Catholics, South Africa and Rhodesia tried (and failed) to tame the “African population bomb”, the “Israeli Arab” problem in Israel, Russia’s population problem in Siberia etc.

I have to say, based on my personal short-lived immigrant experience - US of A is the only country where these things don’t matter. Nobody cared where I was from.

Therefore, one could say that this is one of those areas where the term “American exceptionalism” could be applied.

Sure, historical, geographical and cultural reasons contributed to this and it was a long and gradual process during the 19th century where the “Englishness” of the Founding Fathers was slowly replaced with a new identity built from scratch.

Therefore, while some of @therajraj points would have been valid if he lived in one of other countries with immigration issues, he’s completely missing the point when it comes to the US.

5 Likes