The Next President of the United States: IV

Aaaand we in EE are fucked. So top advisors of a US presidential candidate are on FSB’s payroll and determine his foreign policy stance accordingly and… nothing?

Kasparov is always depressingly right, even correctly identfying Obama’s foreign policy weakness…

Well…you know world chess champ and grandmaster and all…

But I agree

Wow, Moore looks like he’s 70 years old. But I think he lost weight and when really fat people who have been that way for a long time lose weight they usually don’t look all that healthy.

As for Moore not being right on much in his life I agree. But, he was right about going into Iraq. And I think he might be right for the second time in his life on his latest prediction. The country is in an odd mood right now. And with Hillary skating from an indictment that really made the working class Joe ticked off.

Trump will win because:

1. Turnout will far exceed Hillary’s and that is usually what wins at the end of the day. Republican enrollment is up partly because of Trump, partly because of the feeling that many Americans have that we are headed in the wrong direction.

2. Trump will win Reagan democrats the blue collar dems that are sick of the global warming nonsense taking their jobs away. Hillary’s comment about putting coal factory’s out of business will be very costly. In fact, I think Trump will win the union vote. Not the upper echelon of unions but the rank and file. That means he wins states that have not voted republican in several election cycles.

3. Independents will go Trumps way. According to polls they really hated Comey giving Hillary a pass.

4. Christians will turnout in record numbers this time around. Many did not like Romney’s Mormonism and stayed home four years ago. But after getting their asses kicked by lefty Obama they do not want a third term for the dems.

5. As I have said before you really have to be a super strong candidate to give either party a third term. Roosevelt to Truman in 1945 Reagan to Bush Sr. 1988. Hillary is the single worst candidate that the dems have ever put up in modern times. Granted Trump is the single worst candidate that the republican have put up in modern times. But…there is something in the air and that something is change and Trump represents that.

Hey I wish it were Marco Rubio vs Clinton right now that would be a sweet victory.

Hey loppar thanks for posting that article it was very insightful

1 Like

[quote] “My plan is the exact opposite of the radical and dangerous immigration policy of Hillary…mass amnesty, mass immigration,mass lawlessness”
[/quote]

[quote]

I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology. Believe me! And I have to say as a Republican, it is so nice to hear you cheering for what I just said. Thank you. [/quote]

Exposing the majors of problems of mass immigration and referring to Islam as a hateful ideology.

Well done. Phenomenal speech.

1 Like

That is still a huge issue here. The ineptitude of the Federal officials on this is sickening.

I give him a “B” for content and a “D” for performance. I really didn’t like being shouted at for 75 minutes.The guy really has to tone it down. He thought he was at one of his raucous rally’s. I’ve watched dozens of convention speeches and raising your voice at pertinent moments can add greatly to the impact of the speech. However, over an hour of it is well over the top and took away from his performance greatly…

As for the content I think it was good. But, I think it should have included just a bit of story telling. He started to do just that when he mentioned a family that lost a loved one to violence but then he drifted on to other names with no real emotion or content included. It would have been nice to see a gentler side of Trump talking explicitly about one or two poignant stories in a much milder tone. But, I guess they can only dress him up so much. Overall, he didn’t hurt himself with the speech the bar was set so low that all he had to do was read the script and not say anything Trumpish. He cleared the bar. But, I am very glad that the speech ended when it did.

He did soften his positions on both NATO and allowing in Muslims (from non-terrorists parts of the world) just as I have told many that he would.

All four of his children that spoke were very good. I especially liked Ivanka and Eric, But the other two were good as well. And this is a good time to give his VP pick a kudo’s for delivering a really good speech. Pence is a good solid pick and has a conservative record.

Hearing Trump speak last night reminded me of why I wanted anyone of the other 17 candidates. He simply reminds me of a bully who is in over his head. And he’s pushing his way to the top through brute force and nothing more. Okay…sad to say that is the republican candidate in 2016. I have lived through many Presidential election cycles and this is by far the worst candidate the republicans have ever offered us. But, I will vote for him because he is certainly better than the alternative who happens to be the worst pick that the democrats have ever chosen. And who narrowly escaped a jail sentence. Hillary has promised to pack the high court (and lower courts as well) with left wing Judges. If she is elected this country is worse off for not four years but probably 40 years. One of the two major party candidates will become the next President and I will never have a hand in choosing a left wing President, not by vote or omission to vote for the only alternative who can win!

1 Like

Zeb,

I think he deserves to hoot and holler a bit. No one gave him a chance in hell, and he won the whole fucking thing while spending a pittance of what the other candidates did.

He sounds a lot better than shrieking Hillary, she makes people sterile when she shouts.

1 Like

Don’t you know? Zeb’s got to keep on message that he doesn’t like Trump he just hates Hillary a whole lot more

Trump got tens of millions in free advertising because he’s a celebrity. That is why he didn’t have to spend as much not because he’s awesome or even good or even okay, but complete dog shit.

1 Like

No way! I want a President(-ial candidate) to tell me that he works for me while promising to rule me kindly. I want a President who is at least as soft and feminine as the average American man.

Is sterile such a bad thing?

Plus: When I see Hillary, I’m reminded of how she has succeeded despite the fact that she is physically repulsive. It makes me proud when I think about the fact that the United States has overcome nature and allowed ugly women and feminine men to hold power. I see Trump and his money, family, and woman, and it makes me sad.

I don’t think Trump’s success with people that Republicans have normally struggled with is due to his celebrity, but more with his message. Not one of the 16 clowns he beat conveyed their message as effectively as Trump did.

And yes he is a clown, he is a pompous idiot, but maybe the clown can get shit done.

Since we live in opposite land, everyone said Bam would be awesome and turned out to shit the bed, so maybe the guy who will bring the apocalypse might do ok.

1 Like

On message? Are insinuating that I am not sincere regarding those comments? Donald Trump happens to be the worst candidate to ever get the republican nomination. As I have said many times I have seen some good ones including Ronald Reagan. Trump is so far below “good” status that it makes me sick that I have to vote for him.

ARE YOU CLEAR ON THAT?

ZEB

I didn’t mention his success, Max. I was pointing out that his lack of spending is the direct result of tens maybe even hundreds of millions of dollars in free advertising.

My guess?

You don’t like the sizzle but like the steak

Wrong again!

Care to make it three in a row?

Some of your criticisms for Trump can be also said of Rubio yet you give him a pass.

I would drop this discussion it’s only going to end badly… For you.

This duo is really going to make Wall Street pay their fair share lol.

Seems like Nate Silver is starting to come around to a Trump win