The Next President of the United States: IV

Yeah, this is going to be a circus for sure.

On the other hand, this could be seen as Trump’s move toward sanity on fiscal matters. Almost like he will say anything…but naahhh. Trump speaks what’s on his mind, straight up! Except when he contradicts himself. Or his older self. Or his past history. Or…

2 Likes

Surely this was a mistake on his part. Why take a solid red state governor as your VP?

Surely a better choice would have been someone from a purple state, to give him a boost there?

1 Like

I thought the same thing at first. But, if you look around I wonder how many were approached and turned it down? Given how there is a large faction of the republican leadership that is anti-Trump winding up with Pence is probably not a bad thing at all.

Perhaps, but surely that just makes it a not bad choice rather than a good one.

EDIT: What I mean is, this doesn’t shore up anything. Pence is hardly going to gain him massive base bona fides. The conservatives who will stay home are hardly likely to turn up for Pence, surely?

1 Like

I agree with you completely. What I was intending to say was that Trump’s incredible anti-trade and protectionist views have been well documented and he chose a VP who has solid pro-free trade history and stances, so maybe it is an indication he is returning to some semblance of sanity in trade matters…

Would melania be the most attractive first lady in history if Trump wins?

Possibly, but he is such a clown shoes candidate that I always expect the worst. Like, if you told me that he only chose Pence because he was the only one he could make a suggestive campaign symbol with, I would believe it.

1 Like

I am not so sure about that. Historically a VP pick can harm the candidate more than help him. Therefore, the wise candidate looks for someone who is fairly bland. There have been exceptions to this rule, Clinton picked Al Gore in 92’. JFK picked Johnson in 60’ and there are others. But they did this to balance the ticket. For example Johnson was picked because he balanced Kennedy three ways. Johnson was a Senator from Texas Kennedy from Massachusetts. Johnson was considered a moderate at the time. And Johnson was also older and experienced. Kenned was the youngest man ever elected to the Presidency. They balanced each other nicely and won.

Trump picking Pence was actually a very smart move (given that he was probably turned down a few times by others). Pence is very calm to Trump’s intensity. Pence has experience in Congress as well as a Governor, Trump is an outsider. Pence is well known conservative. Trump is all over the board. It was a good pick and will help him gain conservative support. They will assume that Pence can keep Trump from going off the rails. And they might not be too far from wrong based upon the relationship of course. But I’m sure Trump would not want his Vice President to resign during the mid term elections because of some wild left wing turn. I’m also sure Trump would want a second term without having to run a primary against a real conservative.

Anyway…Pence is a good pick and will help Trump as much as any VP can.

Of course I would have loved to have someone from either Ohio or Florida on the ticket but …

That depends on what you mean by effective.

Yeah…if enough of this leaks out the young and oh so stupid Bernie supporters are going to be really mad.

It seems people are making a thing of Melania plagiarizing Michelle Obama, but they were quiet when this happened…

BTW, her name was Melanija Knavs. Changed her name and surname to sound more German I guess.

Melania Knauss sounds vaguely elegant to uninformed ears, while Melanija Knavs pretty much broadcasts that you were born in a communist concrete skyscraper.

Think European equivalent of a trailer park and names with a hyphen .

LOL. I really would buy that. Don’t mistake me, I’m in with you completely!

Physically attractive

Wow the press giving Obama a free pass?

No I think Martha Washington was pretty hot. OF COURSE SHE’D BE THE MOST ATTRACTIVE FIRST LADY IN HISTORY!

Jacqueline Kennedy and Barb Bush (When young) were pretty banging…

2 Likes

Fat Crap Michael Moore is coming around to the inevitable

Michael Moore has never been right about anything in his life…

3 Likes