The Next President of the United States: IV

Agree.

As is often the case; who “wins” and who “loses” follows very clear partisan lines.

I think this will be even more so tonight.

With that said; Clinton has the higher “bar”.

As many have asked; how do you improve your “likability” of make people feel you are honest in a ninety minute debate, when you “should” have been able to do that after 40-plus years in the Public Eye?

Trump simply has to not outdo Trump with some outrageous statement.

This will be interesting “must-see” TV for sure.

I think you’re right, and I’m going with a 25% percent chance Trump mentions his penis size.

2 Likes

Is today your birthday?

People literally praised Trump as presidential for not mocking his opponent’s pneumonia too much. If he says 40 words and by accident none of them represent an endorsement of a policy that will lead directly to the collapse of the world economy and the end of US global hegemony, he’s executed a brilliant pivot. Half the country has dug a mile into the lithosphere and buried his bar where no one will find it.

At this point he would have to take the stage in drag and then suffocate a WWII veteran while singing the Russian national anthem in order to earn a gasp from John Doe America.

3 Likes

Nope, but it appears I input today as my birthday when making my account. My actual birthday is, mercifully, months and months away.

LOL!

This actually is not far from the truth, smh.

The race has actually tightened because all Trump had to do was dial it back a notch, and stick to the script.

If he continues to do that tonight, he “wins”.

I predict there will be a forty-minute intermission during which Clinton will receive a blood transfusion and Trump will be allowed to visit his cubby for some Dunkaroos before spreading his banky on the floor and taking a short nap.

Edit:

After which, the camera will cut to the Oval Office, where Barack Obama will be joined by Tom Hanks, David Petraeus, and Drew Brees to announce the end of American democracy and the beginning of the Reign of the Benevolent Triumvirate.

3 Likes

A perspective from my wife

“It agitates me that the press is worried Trump will be too hard on Clinton, since she is a woman. There is is absolutely no expectation of men to ease up on each other, as long as they maintain decorum.”

This from a woman who has described Trump as a misogynous blowhard for years.

2 Likes
1 Like

But in an unpredictable twist, will actually gain support from the BLM/Keapernick crowd because it wasn’t the US national anthem.

In an effort to increase transparency Hill will appear in Nazi dominatrix gear and flay an effigy of the constitution. Her likeability will skyrocket amongst the repressed right.

1 Like

Streep gets unfrozen for the biopic in 2055, wins the Golden Globe but loses the Oscar to Leonarda DiCaprio, who takes home an Academy Award for her daringly method portrayal of Caitlin Jenner.

3 Likes

I think Cruz is done. He has showed terrible tactical judgment throughout, a disqualifying trait in its own right. He’s just not very good.

But, after insisting he was all about principle, shows himself to be interested in ambition above all. I don’t think he ever recovers.

Ya, I think it’ll be tough especially since he’s not exactly the most liked guy. I’m starting to really like McMullin, but there’s not a whole lot out there about him.

I predict no matter how the debate goes Hillary will be declared the winner.

I expect Trump to have a low key performance a diametrically opposite approach to his Republican primary debate performances

My friend thinks the debate is held on a Monday so a lot of potential Trump supporters will miss watching it and instead watch football

As Zeb pointed out once; “winning” or “losing” of these debates is often determined by the unpredictable.

True “believers” will pick their candidate, independent of what happens tonight.

1 Like

A lot of Trump’s supporters don’t seem to be interested in what he actually says or stands for so I’m not sure it matters.

1 Like

She might get so worked up due to the stress, she goes into coughing fit or has a deer in the headlights moment with no handler to calm her.

1 Like

Almost no one votes on the issues

Agreed. Except for the almost part.